2018 Spring/Summer Weather Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
As usual Spring hit here about two weeks ago. The carnations in full flower have come and gone. The azaleas are now in full flower along with most everything else, trees and all. There's about a quarter of an inch of pollen on everything around here when the rain doesn't come and wash it off. That's why I always start this thread about three weeks ahead of official spring. The boat should be summerized and ready to go fishing by the weekend.

The last 2 days have definitely been spring-like around here. Warm afternoons and cool nights.
I'm hoping against hope that the rain we had last week will give some of the few wildflower plants a boost. I have
a few bluebonnet plants in my yard that are very small and puny-looking. Last year at this time, I had big plants
and a few blooms. Then they rain riot.

Starting to see signs of spring here. Seeing some of the summer birds heading back north. Barley a cloud in the sky today. Still only about 50 degrees, but I'll take that.

Need to get ready for work at 3 pm but went for a little ride and a quick fish this morning @Johali and caught a few small ones and only bought this one home.

That's a Hollywood hold of ever there was one..... Lol

18cc069a04069f38ae79762a7dfb7932.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fixin to rain tonight. It’ll be good for my relatively new grass. Going to rain Thursday too. We need it.

We are getting ready to have out fist consecutive two day period of no rain/snow since early January. Very much welcome here. Lot's of flooding the the low lying areas with the melting of snow and the rain that we've been having. Sun is a welcome sight. Now, if we can just get some heat to go along with it, we'd be all set.

Need to get ready for work at 3 pm but went for a little ride and a quick fish this morning @Johali and caught a few small ones and only bought this one home.

That's a Hollywood hold of ever there was one..... Lol

18cc069a04069f38ae79762a7dfb7932.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Well done bud. Dinner in hand. My boat should be ready for this weekend. :cheers:

After living in Kansas for so long, it just doesn't feel like Spring until we've been put in our first tornado watch of the season.

Not a good start from my area for the spring/summer thread.....

Pretty though.

e9ca0a9fa03aa3432fe019374bc0b8ef.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Let's just say this is what the nor'easter that we are dealing with did.
FB_IMG_1520027320067.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1520027364632.jpg
    FB_IMG_1520027364632.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 415
Beautiful weather here. Spring is in full bloom and so are all of the flowering plants, bushes and trees.

Steady rain here all day. I’m glad to be indoors after being out in the rain gear today.
It’s currently 54. I wish it were 40 degrees warmer.

Been raining here since around midnight. Starting to cool off. Supposed to drop to 42 degrees tonight.

Thought maybe some of you that like to follow weather may like this map. It's interesting to see how the winds circle our globe. You can drag the map to any location you want. Zoom in/out. The detail is pretty interesting.

https://www.windy.com

Temperature at 50 degrees this morning and to us that's cold!! Won't get to 70 today. And now for the good news. Temperatures will rise on Saturday. Should wake up to 75 degrees with highs of 85. These fifty degree days make me appreciate the 75 degree days even more. No snow to shovel but three large live oak trees mean another two days of raking and that, my dear northern friends, is better than shoveling snow!!

A little bit if snow starting to fall again.

73490cbf7e21d2c47dae3c900bef179d.gif

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You are getting a dusting, got about 7 inches from that latest Nor Easter, but to the east of me about 50 miles they got 14-18 inches and the Berkshires got bombed with spots around 30 inches! Snowing lightly again this morning and looking at another storm for Monday night into Tuesday, originally saying it was going to be mostly rain, but this morning saying snow! We are paying for a warm February as I thought we would.

I've been watching the weather --- you, and several of my other friends have really been getting pounded.
Stay warm and safe up there.
Not too cold, luckily I live in the pioneer valley, which is right by the Connecticut River, don't get as much snow, but when I lived in the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts, we got dumped on....I'd rather lots of snow than cold rain....brrr.:)

10.9 degrees out there this morning with a fresh blanket of snow. Normally, the low here is about 24 degrees this time of the year. Looks like it is to be a blue sky weekend though, so that's good. Tired of the grey days of winter.

I haven't posted pictures of the beautiful flowers everywhere down here because I didn't want to get an internet type ass whooping from my northern friends. :booya:

I haven't posted pictures of the beautiful flowers everywhere down here because I didn't want to get an internet type ass whooping from my northern friends. :booya:
Johali --- I found 3 little bluebonnets blooming in my yard! *happy dance* Still doesn't look like I'll have the "carpet" I had last year,
but very happy that some are going to bloom. Plants are still very, very small.

Back
Top Bottom