2018 Spring/Summer Weather Thread

Heavy overcast, 46 degrees with the wind gusting to 37 mph here. Not a fun day.

And the song says it never rains in Southern California.....
a8dd637431fd251b0e5d1e9dc57828b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Finally got a day with weather favorable enough to hand wash some of the winter off of the truck. I even got in the 5er for a few minutes. Can't wait to hook it up and head out for a weekend of camping.

a2e3cce99f211daf7a94735e50013c51.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The guessers say we’re about to get 4” of rain in the next three days. We really need it.
The peeps in the burn areas better heed!

Finally got a day with weather favorable enough to hand wash some of the winter off of the truck. I even got in the 5er for a few minutes. Can't wait to hook it up and head out for a weekend of camping.

a2e3cce99f211daf7a94735e50013c51.jpg

We'll be leaving next Monday and back on Thursday to shake the wintertime kinks out of ours. Going to White Oak Creek Campground on Lake Eufaula Alabama. I've got the springtime jitters to catch some Crappie. :D

Uggh another Nor easter for Wed, fourth one this month, earlier today they said nothing for us now saying a possible foot more of snow....just west of us they are still buried
IMG_0200.jpg

Picked up 10 trees over the weekend to plant in the backyard. Well, actually two in the front and eight in the back. Now, we are just waiting on a decent day or two to get them in the ground. We got two dogwood trees for the front yard area. Four apple trees and four maple trees for the back yard. Going to try to pick up some willow trees for down by the pond as well.

Picked up 10 trees over the weekend to plant in the backyard. Well, actually two in the front and eight in the back. Now, we are just waiting on a decent day or two to get them in the ground. We got two dogwood trees for the front yard area. Four apple trees and four maple trees for the back yard. Going to try to pick up some willow trees for down by the pond as well.
Apple trees down towards the creek to draw in a buck or two? :D

Fourth Nor'easter in three weeks hitting tonight/tomorrow.

The Blue Angels are back home and today is their first day of practice. I get to watch them twice a week every Tuesday and Wednesday, Lucky me. :D:D:D

42 degrees this morning with a high today of 73. A 31 degree difference. A warming trend for the next week or so, highs in the high 70s lows in the mid 60s. Hopefully this is the last of the chilly weather.

One from a local pair of bald eagles decided to land in one of my backyard trees a few minutes ago.

A little blurry. Zooming in with my cell phone.

98280062b59f37e1f6a1f75e57d8a1c4.jpg

I knew that we had a lot of Bald Eagles here but I didn't realize how many until I saw this on a documentary about Minnesota the other night.

"Florida has surpassed Minnesota as the state with the most active bald eagle nests in the lower 48. A 2011 survey counted more than 1,400 active eagle nests, a remarkable comeback since DDT decimated eagle populations just a few decades ago".

“Today in Central Florida alone we have more eagles and eagle nests in that area than in the entire 48 states in 1965,” said Charles Lee, director of advocacy at Audubon of Florida, to the Winter Park / Maitland Observer.

http://www.audubon.org/news/and-state-most-nesting-bald-eagles

I watch the eagle cams from several places --- Pittsburgh is one.
I live next to a lot of State game lands. There's an eagles nest about a mile from my house next to a man-made dam. I'm guessing the eagle that I saw was from that location but I didn't see its mate. We have a lake next to our house that they come to fish at quite often. Usually the pair of them are there.

I also watch Osprey cams --- those bird are almost as fascinating as eagles.
And peregrine falcon cams.
Peregrine falcons were gone from the valley here for a long time. They've made a huge comeback in the last decade. They keep the nasty pigeon population in check.

Still...damn! Finally warmed up here last few days and rain. Heard early next week there might be a chance of snow.....arrrgh!
Had a half inch of rain that changed over to snow at daybreak. It's now changed back over to rain. Two inches of rain over that past week in all along with a couple quick snow squalls. The ground is so saturated. Water is pooling up everywhere. Stream in the backyard is running strong.

Had a half inch of rain that changed over to snow at daybreak. It's now changed back over to rain. Two inches of rain over that past week in all along with a couple quick snow squalls. The ground is so saturated. Water is pooling up everywhere. Stream in the backyard is running strong.
We had that about 2 weeks ago here, neighbors hard had a nice pond that froze over a few nights. Just about mud season here, then the black flies will be out full force in time to yard work!

Everything is nearly frozen here one day, and then the next day, it's up 80 degrees Fahrenheit. It's nuts.

Another beautiful spring morning in Western PA. Was sitting out by the campfire in the backyard last night. Woke up to two inches of the white stuff this morning. Spring.... Let's get your chit together!

60c070e19d8adce33a3538a1b255743c.jpg
90b24f9659a12b87e0435580c7e33707.jpg

Another beautiful spring morning in Western PA. Was sitting out by the campfire in the backyard last night. Woke up to two inches of the white stuff this morning. Spring.... Let's get your chit together!

60c070e19d8adce33a3538a1b255743c.jpg
90b24f9659a12b87e0435580c7e33707.jpg

Snowing here too, 1-3inches,then sup osed to get some more tomorrow.

64 degrees with dense fog. High today of 78.

Mid 70s today -- brisk North breeze made it feel cooler.
Finally got my big mower going --- the battery was DEAD. Friend of mine came over and helped change it out.
Cut lots of green stuff masquerading as grass. :D

Well I guess it's fall here but it was a beautiful day. Well started that way.
Went out for a fish but when I tried to come home motor wouldn't start. Fuel line problem.
A nice guy and his girlfriend towed me home.....forever thankful. I told them I would pay it forward. Water temp still 69 degrees F
4ff2bff3180bf44fde698f29d7a1088e.jpg
2e7fa82451f2dca00fecb3c87806c13c.jpg
0b30a32eea70bede92d10b12e40097c4.jpg
cdfcfffea37a34ffb19c784c350c29a3.jpg
3ecaf06b154a96f4590401a805d8f388.jpg
2d78b5954185db146a593b9ea84190fe.jpg

Well I guess it's fall here but it was a beautiful day. Well started that way.
Went out for a fish but when I tried to come home motor wouldn't start. Fuel line problem.
A nice guy and his girlfriend towed me home.....forever thankful. I told them I would pay it forward. Water temp still 69 degrees F
4ff2bff3180bf44fde698f29d7a1088e.jpg
2e7fa82451f2dca00fecb3c87806c13c.jpg
0b30a32eea70bede92d10b12e40097c4.jpg
cdfcfffea37a34ffb19c784c350c29a3.jpg
3ecaf06b154a96f4590401a805d8f388.jpg
2d78b5954185db146a593b9ea84190fe.jpg

Nice catch, good eating size.

Went to Legacy Trail head yesterday at Shamrock Park and started out for a bike ride. Rode six miles then turned around to return, right into a thirteen mile an hour headwind. By the time I got back to the parking lot my legs were jelly. I've ridden further recently but not into a headwind like that one.
Temps were high 70's yesterday. Today, it is now 75 and going to high 80's. Low humidity day so far. Sun shining, snowbirds heading north, traffic getting lighter and restaurants having much shorter wait times if at all. Life is good!!!

This was in the area paper this morning: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/new...buck_saved_after.html#incart_most_shared-news

I hear you about the snowbirds, Whizzer. They are leaving the Hill Country, too. Now, the weekenders from Austin are inundating us -- but they're only
here a couple of days. :D

Back
Top Bottom