2018 Watkins Glen -- Go Bowling At The Glen - Pre-Race Thread

Quick question. I was checking out the schedule today and notice they have the Canadian National Anthem listed at 2:38, when there are no Canadians in the race? Anyone know why?

Happens at basically every sporting event in upstate NY. Only a couple hour drive from Canada.

Even if AJ wins, there’s nothing anyone can say to convince me he’s a “playoff driver”. I love how NBC covers this race, I’m a fan of the Bagman

I think I heard old school NASCAR on NBC music during Burton’s segement!

Aric Almirola’s paint scheme is my favorite this week, I enjoy a good bowling scheme.

Foot cams are not as informative or entertaining as they were back when drivers had to use the clutch. They don't show much they wouldn't show at any other type of track. Or am I missing something?

Snider forgot Mark Martin was a hell of a road course driver

Foot cams are not as informative or entertaining as they were back when drivers had to use the clutch. They don't show much they wouldn't show at any other type of track. Or am I missing something?

I was watching the 1990 bud at the glen last night. They had a foot cam on Rudd for the race. He only used the clutch when he upshifted. His foot work was incredible!

Adam Stevens just addressed this on NASCAR Radio. Passing tech on a road course is not the same deal as on an oval. If they really believe in this process, let's see it at Homestead. I shouldn't give them any ideas...
In other words skew isnt as important. Come on Rev!

Back
Top Bottom