2018 Watkins Glen -- Go Bowling At The Glen - Pre-Race Thread

.I like to "bench race" I guess you could call it after the practices and qualifying. I like to anticipate who might be in contention after practices and qualifying and babble about the possibility of my guy winning over dinner and a beer on Saturday night.
Similarly, the 'enhanced' format doesn't do fantasy players any benefits. When Happy Hour is held after Q, you know the cars are in race trim and the practice speeds can give you an idea how the driver may do. When Q is held after practice, you don't know if the practice speeds are in Q trim or race configuration.

The garage doesnt share your disdain for the OSS, completely the opposite actually.

All I hear in the media is bitching about the tolerances, etc. What is truly the feeling?

Not looking too good for Dinger this week

If you were guaranteed the best car in the field, he would no longer be under consideration as the driver you would want IMO.

I have Direct TV and a Winegard automatic satellite dish in the beast. The downside is we mostly stay in State and National park Campgrounds where there are usually too many trees to get a signal.
Woo, wait a minute...ours is called the "beast", but that is the truck. Trailer is the "Fox"

Woo, wait a minute...ours is called the "beast", but that is the truck. Trailer is the "Fox"
We call the trailer the beast because that's what it is in the mountains, rain, high wind etc. Also because of the upkeep It's like feeding a beast shovels full of money. :D

We call the trailer the beast because that's what it is in the mountains, rain, high wind etc. Also because of the upkeep It's like feeding a beast shovels full of money. :D
Truck is the beast for the obvious .... F450. :) Trailer is the "Fox", because it is an "Arctic Fox" 5th wheel.

They gonna run qualifying until dusk huh. Hope theres no delays

qualifying was pretty exciting. 4, 4, and 4 brands in the top 12

upload_2018-8-4_18-55-25.png

https://www.nascar.com/results/race...ies/gobowling-at-the-glen/stn/livequalifying/

I saw the back of the 9 first on the track and I thought they were trying to make it look like fake rust. I figured differently when I saw the front.

The best 9 scheme yet IMO. Really pops with the Camero body.

The Sun Energy paint on the 9 looks amazing!
\
i
Looks good, much better on track than the renderings.

Still think the front flames could take more space on the hood and extend to the side of the body. Little plain on the doors.

Looks good, much better on track than the renderings.

Still think the front flames could take more space on the hood and extend to the side of the body. Little plain on the doors.
I like the doors clean like they are with just the number 9 on them.

The #41 team is not having a good weekend.

First off SHR weekend I can remember. Having said that, it's the race that counts. Anything can happen.

Way to go Denny! In all likelihood 18 or 78 wins but should be a much more competitive race then Sonoma was

yeah the horses. They say it will take about an hour after the race to get set up for qualifying. :idunno:

I was hoping that they would keep the horses on longer. Wanted to see the pre-race inspection.

Back
Top Bottom