2018 Watkins Glen -- Go Bowling At The Glen - Pre-Race Thread

I feel so blessed that NASCAR would provide us with such coverage. :bleh:
This may be the first time I've heard someone complain about too much coverage. What's the issue?
Truex not so strong here...
You'd think he'd qualify better at his home track. :rolleyes:
I was hoping that they would keep the horses on longer. Wanted to see the pre-race inspection.
That's not so bad. It's the post-race you don't want any part of. :p
see the blue checkmark beside the name?
I assume you mention that because it's significant. What's it mean?

Chase Elliott‏Verified account @chaseelliott 15h15 hours ago
Anyone grilling out this weekend? A break in the weather here at @WGI and I have the @BigGreenEgg fired up.

DjyVhpcUcAAX4fh.jpg

Big Green Egg

sailing thru today, I'm not surprised there isn't any advantage to be gained going left and right.

Yeah, but you can be assured that NASCAR will spin this as, "They learned their lesson." Yeah, okay. #SpinTheOSS

next year they are talking about getting rid of the weight jacker the drivers have inside the car, you can have a field day picking that one apart.

I never understood why they allowed it, and I don't understand the thinking about getting rid of it. Machine gun target practice in the dark. They are gonna get those wipers on the road courses too. Here it comes. Go Scott Miller! Go!

Quick question. I was checking out the schedule today and notice they have the Canadian National Anthem listed at 2:38, when there are no Canadians in the race? Anyone know why?

Quick question. I was checking out the schedule today and notice they have the Canadian National Anthem listed at 2:38, when there are no Canadians in the race? Anyone know why?
Thousands of Canadians come over for this race

Well obviously they did, sans 2 of them

Adam Stevens just addressed this on NASCAR Radio. Passing tech on a road course is not the same deal as on an oval. If they really believe in this process, let's see it at Homestead. I shouldn't give them any ideas...

I am decidedly NOT a Rutledge fan and I don't know what nonsense of his triggered your comment, but I'll say a couple of things in his defense.

1) Look at the material and subjects he's assigned to cover. Would having anyone else cover them make them more appealing? Almost everything I've seen assigned to him* falls into what I call 'fan lifestyle' pieces, mostly infield shenanigans. I wouldn't care about that crap if Benny Parsons was talking about it. Less annoyed, maybe, but still uninterested.

2) * Almost everything I've seen assigned to him, but not everything. I clearly recall one (and only one) occasion when he was handed a straight-up driver interview, although I don't recall who or the circumstances. Wood did a good job of asking intelligent questions without any of his usual schtick. I don't know if he came up with the questions himself or if someone fed them to him, but on that day he produced an insightful interview. That day.

I am decidedly NOT a Rutledge fan and I don't know what nonsense of his triggered your comment, but I'll say a couple of things in his defense.

1) Look at the material and subjects he's assigned to cover. Would having anyone else cover them make them more appealing? Almost everything I've seen assigned to him* falls into what I call 'fan lifestyle' pieces, mostly infield shenanigans. I wouldn't care about that crap if Benny Parsons was talking about it. Less annoyed, maybe, but still uninterested.

2) * Almost everything I've seen assigned to him, but not everything. I clearly recall one (and only one) occasion when he was handed a straight-up driver interview, although I don't recall who or the circumstances. Wood did a good job of asking intelligent questions. I don't know if he came up with them himself or if someone fed them to him, but on that day he produced an insightful interview. That day.
I have a tendency to mute the broadcast or leave the room when I see that guy.
I don’t know exactly what it is.

I have a tendency to mute the broadcast or leave the room when I see that guy.
I don’t know exactly what it is.
I have a habit of avoiding pre-race jibber-jabber, right up until the engines are fired. Rutledge and Mikey are two of the many reasons. Rarely do they say anything I haven't already learn here. ;)

Back
Top Bottom