2019 ABC Supply 500

TSO had this to say leading into a very important weekend for the track and, IMO, the series. Pocono (and a lot of the drivers, from what I've read) are very keen on keeping the race, the series doesn't seem as taken with the idea. Pocono are seemingly willing to bend over backwards to be involved with the series in any capacity...a bit of a weird dynamic. I think they with the NASCAR weekends being consolidated it only makes more sense for the series to keep it on the calendar.

We’ve heard that ticket sales are up close to 25% headed into the weekend, and a nice day could equate to a bigger walk-up crowd.

Thought about going but it's going to be cooking up there! Plus there's a chance for some pretty nasty t-storms. Really hope Pocono keeps the event! It's an awesome track that really helped evolve open wheel oval racing in this country; along with Indy, Milwaukee and Michigan.

Fingers crossed the cup dates go back to a traditional 2 weekends in 2021. I think it will happen but time will tell obviously.

Hot hot hot and humid right now but sunny at the moment wish the race started earlier then 2:45 darn tv

Hot hot hot and humid right now but sunny at the moment wish the race started earlier then 2:45 darn tv

It's still the "Dog Days of Summer" and it certainly feels like it in Eastern PA! Hopefully it's a fun, safe race with the weather holding off! The line of storms is still northwest of Williamsport.

Last edited:
I think Pocono should be replace with Fontana. This track is too wide and these cars go way too fast to react to anything.

That'll probably do it for Rossi.

I really think they need to keep these cars off of these types of tracks. Just too dangerous.

I think Pocono should be replace with Fontana. This track is too wide and these cars go way too fast to react to anything.

Fontana and Michigan are just as dangerous. So is Indy! You MUST respect the track and the elements when racing at the big ovals. They can do it but you got to be extremely on point.

It's a slippery slope....

Ironically its putting that wall there for safety that launched them back up the track...

I'm okay with benching Sato for a week after that too. Just absolutely braindead there.

Horrific decision making given the time, lap 1 and place, the tunnel turn. These guys can easily give themselves some room to start and then go from there. The place is so wide that passing is easy. There really shouldn't be many incidents. Just have some patience!

The first 3-4 races back at Pocono were rather clean iirc. The Justin Wilson death had nothing to do with a "bad wreck"...

Fontana and Michigan are just as dangerous. So is Indy! You MUST respect the track and the elements when racing at the big ovals. They can do it but you got to be extremely on point.

It's a slippery slope....

Yeah that's true.

I just said Fontana because I remember how fun their last race was. The drivers knew their limit over there.

I think Pocono lends itself to crazy moves like what Sato just did because the track is just massive and you may think you can get away with more stuff because of it.

That said, these guys should have learned their lessons by now racing here.

Rossi's team already packed up and left the track hauler just pulled out

This just solidifies they'll swap this for Richmond and call it a day. They were leaning that way to begin with; this doesn't help at all.

It kinda sucks the way ovals keep falling off the calendar, hopefully they can find enough short ovals to keep it going. Might want to give New Hampshire a ring again since they lost a NASCAR date...

This just solidifies they'll swap this for Richmond and call it a day. They were leaning that way to begin with; this doesn't help at all.

It kinda sucks the way ovals keep falling off the calendar, hopefully they can find enough short ovals to keep it going. Might want to give New Hampshire a ring again since they lost a NASCAR date...
I agree, without ovals, this series basically becomes F2 Americas

I tend to think this race will go away for least a couple of years. It's a bit of a shame imo given the history. I think they can put on safe races here (the vast majority have been) but the risk for a catastrophe is obviously there. The place still draws a solid crowd which has to be considered.

I don't think NHIS would draw flies at this point. They can barely get 30k for a Cup race.

I enjoy the history of IndyCar running at Pocono, but a part of me dreads these races given the obvious potential.

I wish there were more ovals of unique length between a mile and 1.5, like Gateway length.

Back
Top Bottom