2019 Atlanta-- Pre-Race Thread

Cars are only running a tenth faster than the trucks last year at Atlanta.

Looks like we had some interesting agendas today in practice. Should be fun in Q trim!

To clarify, we rode around with the 22 for a while, then the 11 for a while. The view was the same.
The conversation had nothing to do with what was happening on the track.
Thanks for taking one for the team. I guess the in-car views are big with gamers but I'm not big on them. I'd only use them for replays when something happened in front of or to the car with the camera.

Reactions: Pat
Why does it take 90 minutes of TV time to cover maybe 40 minutes of racing, including the breaks between rounds?

Logano and Blaney are the big names who are out in the first round. Looks like SHR and JGR have the best handling cars right now, at least over a lap.

What a lap from Lajoie!

What a terrible performance by Penske in this qualifying.

McDowell sitting there in 4th, didnt see that one coming

4 car doesn't advance while teammates are 1-3. Sure.

image.jpg

Notables out after round two are Harv, Kez, Elliott. Bowyer on top again, McDowell in fourth.

Give them all time to adjust to the new package. Seems like it is more in the drivers hands for sure. Michael McDowell has been killing these qualifying laps so far. JJ was the only HMS car to get into the final round as well.

Bowyer races down pit road through pit boxes trying to beat A. Dillon off with a nascar official standing in a box, doesn't even get a mention for safety from the booth after replaying it 4 times. Official throws his hands up after getting his legs off the ground "like seriously wtf", not cool, and unnecessarily dangerous.

Probably more-so because they make less power and make way more grip than the did back then.

And it's two different tracks. The old configuration was a "drivers" track, required more finesse. This configuration tends to favor "pedal to the metal"

An entire season of arguments about the new rules package.

I can't wait. :wacko:

I wish more people could just let an opinion be without sniping back every single time. It's so damn petty, and not Richard.

The Cup race is about these drivers battling around each other, if they form a parade or conga line -- we're all screwed.

An entire season of arguments about the new rules package.

I can't wait. :wacko:

I wish more people could just let an opinion be without sniping back every single time. It's so damn petty, and not Richard.

You're right. I'm at fault of this too but you're right. How do you feel about this 'style' of racing anyways?

I'm thinking this weekend will not be as jarring as next weekend. Once they get racing on Sunday it'll be similar to what we are used to but slightly slower, minus early in tire runs when they can just pin it.

You're right. I'm at fault of this too but you're right. How do you feel about this 'style' of racing anyways?

I'm thinking this weekend will not be as jarring as next weekend. Once they get racing on Sunday it'll be similar to what we are used to but slightly slower, minus early in tire runs when they can just pin it.

Gonna reserve judgement until I see a few races. If it's terrible, it will be a failure. If it's amazing, it will be a gimmick. If it's neither, what do they try next? I think NASCAR is backed up against a wall on this. I don't hope it fails, but I hope it's acceptable racing until the Gen 7 arrives and we can rip the band-aid off.

Bowyer races down pit road through pit boxes trying to beat A. Dillon off with a nascar official standing in a box, doesn't even get a mention for safety from the booth after replaying it 4 times. Official throws his hands up after getting his legs off the ground "like seriously wtf", not cool, and unnecessarily dangerous.

Yeah, I think that dude messed up. No one should be on the wrong side of the wall
when the track/pit goes hot. That was a close call. I'd say about 5 feet.

Not sure what you are trying to say here..

Somethings not smelling right with this. Harvick that far back of his teammates? In Atlanta? Cant put my finger on it but I am getting a slight wiff of a sandbag.

Somethings not smelling right with this. Harvick that far back of his teammates? In Atlanta? Cant put my finger on it but I am getting a slight wiff of a sandbag.
After qualifying, he said they were having power steering problems. Hell, he only ran two relatively slow laps in the first practice because of it. He also said they changed everything in the power steering before qualifiying and the issue is still there. It had something to do with being able to turn right. He was not a happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom