2021 Camping World Truck Series

This is why this series exists. Race trucks that resemble OEM.

This discussion prompts the following musing. Which NASCAR series do you think the race vehicles resemble OEM more?

:punkrocke :punkrocke
1632502366301.png

IMO, Nemo has a big advantage as Creed has to fight his way to the front. I don't see Chandler Smith being a factor, strategy got him his only win. I'm going to be watching the rook Hocevar, he keeps getting better over driving a Neice truck which aren't the greatest.
1632518359505.png

Additionally, the Truck Series and Xfinity Series details remain undetermined prior to the release of the 2022 schedules.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do practice and qualifying for Xfinity and the Trucks. Nothing has changed on either compared to the cup cars. It looks like lowering the overhead (tire bills etc.) has increased the number of entry's in both series.

Creed comes with a pretty decent pedigree..but Showstopper?

Sheldon Creed is a 23-year-old race car driver from Southern California Nicknamed “The Showstopper”. Creed has conquered the worlds of short-course off-road racing and the Stadium Super Truck Series where he has accumulated 5 championships including a Gold Medal in the 2015 X Games and the 2020 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series. Now, he is on the ladder to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and begins that climb by focusing on the 2021 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, a proven springboard to NASCAR Cup stardom.

Creed comes with a pretty decent pedigree..but Showstopper?

Sheldon Creed is a 23-year-old race car driver from Southern California Nicknamed “The Showstopper”. Creed has conquered the worlds of short-course off-road racing and the Stadium Super Truck Series where he has accumulated 5 championships including a Gold Medal in the 2015 X Games and the 2020 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series. Now, he is on the ladder to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and begins that climb by focusing on the 2021 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, a proven springboard to NASCAR Cup stardom.

You are really trying to poke the bobby-bear arent ya? :dirtbike:

I want Creed to win the race. He's damn good but he is starting in a hole tonight. I want to see Hocevar do well, he is having a super rookie season, I'll monitor Deegan also, it's time for her to pick it up IMO.

I don't believe they have announced practice/qualifying for the trucks or Xfinities. They could, but so far nothing
With the many young drivers in Xfinity and Trucks I think some more time behind the wheel would be helpful for the drivers.
I want Creed to win the race. He's damn good but he is starting in a hole tonight
Starting ninth in a 200-mile-race. Not a disadvantage at all.

With the many young drivers in Xfinity and Trucks I think some more time behind the wheel would be helpful for the drivers.

Starting ninth in a 200-mile-race. Not a disadvantage at all.
Nemo running out front in clean air while Creed is having to run dirty is a disadvantage any way you slice it. If Creed isn't setup right, Creed may not have the luxery of seeing how well his truck will run in clean air IF he can even get out front early. Those are all playoff trucks he has to pass

Nemo running out front in clean air while Creed is having to run dirty is a disadvantage any way you slice it. If Creed isn't setup right, Creed may not have the luxery of seeing how well his truck will run in clean air IF he can even get out front early.
There is gonna be a competition caution, two stage breaks and likely several cautions for incidents. Most likely not a lot of long runs in clean air.
Also, the draft matters a lot in truck races on 1.5ers, especially during restarts.
The 2 could be in the lead by lap 3.

There is gonna be a competition caution, two stage breaks and likely several cautions for incidents. Most likely not a lot of long runs in clean air.
Also, the draft matters a lot in truck races on 1.5ers, especially during restarts.
The 2 could be in the lead by lap 3.
Good luck with that lap 2 eh :biggrin: . He's good, but he ain't that good. I don't think there is a competition caution

Back
Top Bottom