2021 Food City Dirt Race Pre Race Thread

No, I was referring to when an embarassing crash took out the entire field coming to the green flag in 1996, we already saw something similar happen last night
I don't recall which All-Star race went green with rain coming down in turn 1. They broke out the backups and ran the race anyway.

One muddy lap doesn't make a fiasco. If they hadn't thrown the caution, I'd be more likely to agree with you.

The situation is rapidly deteroriating.. There's a literal flood going on in Bristol.. There's a literal flash ****** flood in the campgrounds..

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
You're confusing me. I was told repeatedly yesterday that the current problem was too much moisture. How would more help the situation? Wouldn't that result in a total mud bog?

I was speaking of a rain-free future context, or a light sprinkle one. If they made those changes, they wouldn't necessarily need the kind of very dry track they've aimed for at Eldora in the past.

I was speaking of a rain-free future context, or a light sprinkle one. If they made those changes, they wouldn't necessarily need the kind of very dry track they've aimed for at Eldora in the past.
Im not even sure rock screens wouldve helped throwing the green flag for one lap yesterday. Even with 1 1/2 inch quarter inch diameter grid, it appears that it wouldve just built up. It may have taken a couple more laps. That, and I dont think they couldve stacked enough tear offs on the helmet. Throwing the green was ill advised, at best.

Replace the heat races with foot races. Have the drivers for the first heat stand at the bottom of turn 1. First 7 drivers to touch the outside retaining wall move on. As with cars, pushing and shoving is permitted. For the next heat, move on to the unsullied corner 2.

While the last two heats are run in turns 3 and 4, they can groom 1 and 2 for the main. Before the main, drivers will have the opportunity to change shoes (or not, their choice).

The main will be the same format as the heats except each driver will be towing a cinder block.
I. LIKE. IT!!!😂😂😂

So now looking in my crystal ball (future radar maps) it looks like
the rain will get through Bristol by 3 or 4pm. Then it will be time
to get the track ironed out and see what the windshields will do.
By the time that all gets figured out , the track should be in great
shape the rest of the nite. The Cup guys should be able to get their
race in but the trucks should be able to get it in albeit pretty late.

The drivers doing double duty will be getting a work out today.
Be cool if one of those guys could let Mrs. Friesen take the keys and
run their truck.

So now looking in my crystal ball (future radar maps) it looks like
the rain will get through Bristol by 3 or 4pm. Then it will be time
to get the track ironed out and see what the windshields will do.
By the time that all gets figured out , the track should be in great
shape the rest of the nite. The Cup guys should be able to get their
race in but the trucks should be able to get it in albeit pretty late.

The drivers doing double duty will be getting a work out today.
Be cool if one of those guys could let Mrs. Friesen take the keys and
run their truck.
Weather channel just said set a new record for most rain @ 7 inches. This will be a defining moment for NASCAR. Do the worry about their money or the people of Tennessee's welfare. They need to pull the plug on the race. Instead do what they can to help those flooded out of house & home.

Rain moving out. Time to roll out the moisture and soon as it stops. Looks like in about 45 Minuets

Mother Nature must be a Tony Stewart fan...and Tony Stewart is probably saying HA Ha to NASCAR right about now. :D

Just as well stay and race. Doesnt look like theyre getting out anyway till Tuesday. Its a rough entrance in and out when its paved for the trucks, let alone coming out when its grease.

The fans that chose to camp in the motorhome lot above the dragstrip is probably feeling pretty good right now. I sure wouldn't want to be camping in the camping area next to the creek that runs between the dragstrip and the circle track though. They will be more concerned if the floor leaks vs the roof leaking.

This pic shows the t shirt haulers have moved. And, for any infield vehicles that have to leave, the egress ramp has to be rebuilt.. Interesting to see what happens today...
Screenshot_20210328-113143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just as well stay and race. Doesnt look like theyre getting out anyway till Tuesday. Its a rough entrance in and out when its paved for the trucks, let alone coming out when its grease.
I was thinking the same thing about the haulers.

Wow...some of those photos look biblical. Hopefully no substantial damage to the facility or surrounding areas.

Postponed to Monday

Reactions: Pat
Postponed to Monday

Official Site Of NASCAR

HomeClick to view NASCAR Cup Series NewsNASCAR Cup Series NewsClick to view NASCAR Xfinity Series NewsNASCAR Xfinity Series NewsClick to view NASCAR Camping World Truck Series NewsNASCAR Camping World Truck Series NewsClick to view eNASCAReNASCARClick to view NASCAR RootsNASCAR Roots Videos Photo Galleries Results Standings Weekend ScheduleClick to view DriversDriversClick to view Driver StatsDriver Stats Historic ResultsClick to view Buy TicketsBuy TicketsClick to view Camping InfoCamping InfoClick to view Fantasy LiveFantasy LiveClick to view BetCenterBetCenterClick to view Mobile AppMobile AppClick to view NASCAR PodcastsNASCAR PodcastsClick to view NASCAR ShopNASCAR ShopClick to view My ProfileMy Profile
SHOPTICKETS

2021 March28 Tuneingraphic Main

NASCAR postpones Cup, Truck Series races to Monday due to wet weather​

By
Staff Report NASCAR.com March 28, 2021 at 12:00 PM

With heavy rain in the area, significant track preparations required, Sullivan County flood warnings and safety concerns, NASCAR officials made the call to postpone the inaugural Food City Dirt Race at Bristol Motor Speedway just before noon ET on Sunday, pushing the race a day back to Monday, March 29.
The 250-lap feature, initially slated for a 3:30 p.m. ET start on Sunday afternoon will now move to Monday at 4 p.m. ET on FOX.
MORE: Complete Bristol schedule | What to Watch for Bristol | Starting lineup in photos
This follows the cancelation of the majority of Saturday night’s activities in which both the Cup Series and Camping World Truck Series fields were to set their lineups via qualifying races, followed by the Truck Series feature race. The Truck Series race, in which several Cup stars are entered, was initially rescheduled to 9 p.m. ET on Sunday night. It will now be run Monday at noon ET on FS1.
Both series set the starting lineups according to the inclement weather policies in the NASCAR Rule Book. Kyle Larson will start from the pole position in the Cup Series event, but he is expected to drop to the rear after changing his engine following Friday’s final practice. John Hunter Nemechek is set to start first in the Camping World Trucks.
INFO FOR TICKETHOLDERS
Parking lots will open at 10 a.m. ET and spectator gates will open at 11 a.m. ET. Truck race ticketholders will be allowed to stay for the Cup race pending potential relocation for social distancing. The Speedway Motorsports weather guarantee is in effect for ticketholders who cannot attend either race

Back
Top Bottom