2021 Food City Dirt Race Pre Race Thread

The weather for Sunday is not looking particularly cooperative at this time.
Someone ask Bob Pockrass if you can use rain tires on dirt (I've seen the video no you can not)

Skip to the 2:20 mark

The weather for Sunday is not looking particularly cooperative at this time.
In a weird way the rain is our friend this weekend. Not only
will it improve the tracks raceability , it will keep the dust at
bay a little longer. Just hope we get some long dry windows.

My question is the windscreens. How many and what are
the maximum tearoffs one can have on the car. I am interested
to see if there will be vision issues.

After seeing the racing at Bristol last week, I'm a lot more confident the track won't be a complete dust bowl. There will be dust, but no so bad that it will make it hard to see the other end of the track.

Someone ask Bob Pockrass if you can use rain tires on dirt (I've seen the video no you can not)

Skip to the 2:20 mark

Interesting. I thought the knobby tires would offer better traction. I'd like to thank whoever asked Pockrass for saving me the trouble.

Somehow i doubt Charlie will be moved. He comes across as the guy in Church with a slide rule in his pocket protector. Pretty rigid in his habits. NTTIAWWT>
Let me know the next time you catch me in a religious service that isn't someone else's wedding or funeral.

Sports are entertainment, a matter of preference. If those preferences don't change, it doesn't matter. As a network administrator, I have to adapt to change and inflict it on innocent users on a quarterly basis.

I'm not anticipating this race like some, but I'm not opposed to it like I am plate / pack racing. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion on the product itself yet.

Hopefully, they’ve all memorized the list George Carlin started years ago. I wonder if Timmy Hill is related to Eddie Hill?

This made me laugh ...

Anyone here who's never been to any type of dirt race owes it to themselves to go see a live sprint car race.
I'm anxious to watch Sunday, but my expectations are quite low in regards to how the racing will be. Entertainment level should be good. What I'm really excited for is going to Bristol for the WoO!!. Erasing Bristol and Nashville off the bucket list.

As long as the tail of the field doesn’t mess up much this should be an awesome race. People forget Eldora has put on some awesome shows with stock trucks. Cup cars are about 200 lbs lighter which should add to the raciness

Bristol is usually one of the best races of the year. I’m not happy this is one of the events they decided to switch to a dirt race. I always felt after the initial few years eldora got stale

Yup. Same. I will watch though because it is NASCAR. I am going to give it a try....an honest try.

Back
Top Bottom