2021 Food City Dirt Race Pre Race Thread

This actually worked in my favor because now I can go do something else I wanted to do but wasn't going to because of the race. Now I can do it... and then watch the race tomorrow when I didn't have anything planned anyway.

I agree that the windshields should go if they're going to take dirt racing seriously, but they did it for seven years at Eldora, didn't they? That was a very dry track prep in the middle of the summer, so yeah, not going to work when the track is greasy.

As a northern transplant it’s easy to see how different the soil is in this part of the world compared to Ohio. Midwest soil is much more fertile, less clay based, so it more rubs off instead of chunking up

The spring Bristol race it seems like has had zero luck in terms of weather the last couple years. I feel like it’s been postponed a lot lately. I’m bummed I was looking forward to today’s festivities

I can give NASCAR my undivided attention until Wed afternoon and then my attention will shift to Slot car racing and NASCAR will be put on the back burner. Hopefully they get the race in before that though.

Yep, thats a let down. They might want to think about
having the late models run on it tonite for a few hours.

Lucky me, the Mrs. and I are traveling an hour away
to get our vaccines tomorrow. So will miss most of the
live tv coverage and depend on XM radio in the truck.

Bristol Boat Race. I'm desperate.
Better yet...

swamp buggies.jpg

LOL LOL LOL Jeff and Clint hit it out of the ball bark already. I love those guys together they are so damn funny. Clint better get busy putting that dirt back. :D :D:D

Last edited:
LOL LOL LOL Jeff and Clint hit it out of the ball bark already. I love those guys together they are so damn funny. Clint better get busy putting that dirt back. :D :D:D
Dry it out first.

NASCAR has some terrible luck. Insane amount of rain and the most anticipated race in years will end up being one of the lowest rated races in years because it's gonna be run on a Monday afternoon.
I'm pretty convinced God actually hates nascar. It's kind of hard to ignore at this point.

the forcast looks great for next weekend so why not just wait and run this race and the truck race next weekend since its an off weekend for Nascar.

Running late, throw on what I’m thinking is the race, and getting The King Of Queens with fat bro dressed like a baby acting like he just dropped a deuce in his jumper........

There’s rude and then there’s rude.

The sun will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinking about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

Honestly, probably. It’s not a normal dirt track so the concrete surface below the dirt should allow for a faster drying process.

Should.
Agreed, probably one of the best drainage systems in the country for a dirt track...if there is any dirt left on the high banks.

Regan tested the track with a screwdriver and the track is in good shape just needs to dry..the bottom is a different story

Back
Top Bottom