2021 Food City Dirt Race Pre Race Thread

That would not really be fair to the fans that flew or drove a long distance. It's suppose to be nice weather tomorrow so I think they owe those fans a race tomorrow if at all possible. NASCAR will survive this just like they have every other race that has been rain delayed.

yeah thats true it sucks through that this race wont get the ratings it was hype to be.

I'm more interested in getting an answer to my post 537. I'm curious what dirt did to the concrete that screwed it up so bad that they had to repave.

This didn't occur. There were some claims made at the time that the process of trucking dirt in and out had damaged the primitive surrounding roads, though I'm not sure who they were attributed to.

This didn't occur. There were some claims made at the time that the process of trucking dirt in and out had damaged the primitive surrounding roads, though I'm not sure who they were attributed to.
Wait.. Then why did Bristol stop doing this originally? Was it cost related?

The surrounding roads to the track were damaged. The track under the dirt wasn’t, and a resurfacing was completed in 2007 - 5 years after the prior dirt races.

The backstretch grandstands were replaced in 2002.

Either way, if this works.. I think it should just be a once a year thing.. Any more than that, and it doesn't feel special anymore

Either way, if this works.. I think it should just be a once a year thing.. Any more than that, and it doesn't feel special anymore
I say do it every year but swap this date with the Sonoma date. It greatly lessens the chance for Bristol rainfall and we get to see Sonoma during early spring.

DYRpAHDVMAASCgO.jpg

I was told NASCAR should be embarrassed and that they were unprepared for this race:

Looks like they took precautions before hand and knew what the hell they were doing.

Some people just got to act like NASCAR is always wrong

As somebody who knows next to nothing about dirt tracks I hope Nascar puts out a quick clip on what they did overnight. Seems like the did a phenomenal job. Lets go racing boys!

As somebody who knows next to nothing about dirt tracks I hope Nascar puts out a quick clip on what they did overnight. Seems like the did a phenomenal job. Lets go racing boys!

Must’ve logged onto Racing forums. They would quickly get the info!

Sadly, even if this does produce decent racing, Fox may use that as proof the "concept didn't work", you and I both know network executives can't see nuance
Objection, Your Honor. Without evidence, the witness speculates Fox is against dirt racing. As far as broadcast scheduling, this is just another rain delay.

I say do it every year but swap this date with the Sonoma date. It greatly lessens the chance for Bristol rainfall and we get to see Sonoma during early spring..
Sonoma in early spring is very green.

That would be cool.

Sadly, even if this does produce decent racing, Fox may use that as proof the "concept didn't work", you and I both know network executives can't see nuance
Which would be funny, FOX Sports is the reason why they did it, FOX wasnt happy with their Bristol ratings being low compared to the Night Race ratings.

Back
Top Bottom