2021 Silly Season

I was with ya all the way @Kiante until I got to this part. Please explain how the RTA is to blame???

The RTA is a collective effort by the team owners to improve their business model... reduce costs, expand revenue, and greater role in governance of the sport. It is basically the union for the benefit of current team owners including Germaine. How do you twist that into blame for Germaine's plight... a backmarker team with a pay driver that loses its outside sponsor?
After answering @aunty dive I did not realize Mr. Germain retired from the car dealer business back in 2016. At some point, he was probably going to bow out of it.

My issue with the RTA is that its supposed to expand the revenue of teams, I mean to an extent we see it with Rick Ware and Spire. They are full-blown backmarker organizations and the reason why I question the RTA.

It seems as if the RTA helps the larger teams, more established teams more than the smaller ones. We have seen RPM make moves, but outside of RPM's growth... It's a bit questionable, also I do not care for Rob Kauffman that much. I think he is a bit of a snake, but this is why I'm on the outside looking in.

It could legitimately be worse, NASCAR could be in the shape of DTM or the WEC at this moment. NASCAR through the pandemic has honestly been in great shape during this time.

The RTA hasn’t changed the fact that the teams race.

Finishing up the field pays better just as it always has.
Damn, I sounded a lot like Leavine with that post.

The downside of growing up in the "Everyone gets a trophy" generation. I'm putting that mentality into this... This is why I don't own a business.

I’ve annoyed a few people here with T-Ball references.

Thank goodness Little League still exists. I remember being 12 and standing there waiting for some wild-eyed kid with a whippy arm to throw the baseball at me as hard as he could. A slice of growing up.

I know my guy Kenseth has been pretty lackluster this season, but is there any chance he's back in the #42 for another go around next year? Any rumors out there?

Give Kenseth a ‘fair well’ season in the 17... Him and Newman together might give Roush a little more to build with. just a race fan day dream type of thought... I do honestly realize that Matt is done and he probably wants out of this again with where he is in his life.

Hopefully he will get some runs at the end of this year which will be some highlights he’d like to savor.

That indy race was a close one for him. Almost made a big story there!

I cant see any situation in which any team besides the back markers would split the drivers for a year. The money involved with making the playoffs is just way too much

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ross to the 43 with Petty to Toyota.

I'm listening to Sirius and Corey Lejoie has already thrown his hat in the ring for the 43. Not going to lie he's the first driver I thought of when I heard Bubba wouldn't be back.

Odd thing is RCR said they don't expect RPM to be an alliance next year, but I would think that relied heavily on Bubba sticking around. From a business standpoint if Jones isn't going to the 48 I would think he'd be the front runner for the 43

Ross Chastain has shown the past couple weeks why teams aren't lining up to sign him. If he calms down a bit and gets that chip off his shoulder, he'd go far.
Ross Chastain has put himself in more opportunities to win than Bubba did. I enjoy Bubba’s personality and believe he is talented, but in my opinion Ross has earned the #42 more than Bubba. Although, Bubba brings more personal sponsorship dollars. I hope Bubba lands on a new team with more ability to be competitive than RPM.

Bubba likely going to #42 McDonalds car (with all the rest of his recently acquired sponsorships). Ganassi has gotten hammered the last handful of years on sponsors exiting Target/DC Solar. Most logical landing spot imo.

I'm a little surprised by the Bubba news, but not that much. The RPM owner was the one pushing NASCAR hard for diversity and his vision for the sport, and the situation this year certainly played right into his hands. So Bubba says thanks but adios. That part doesn't surprise me. I suppose it depends on what is in play. Bubba's played this to get corporate sponsors lining up to support/virtue signal with their sponsorship, now leveraging that to open teams hungry for sponsors. I hope Hendrick isn't tempted with the 48 as I just don;t see BW as much of a team guy. I think the 42 car is probably the landing spot for Wallace.

Bubba likely going to #42 McDonalds car (with all the rest of his recently acquired sponsorships). Ganassi has gotten hammered the last handful of years on sponsors exiting Target/DC Solar. Most logical landing spot imo.
That makes the most sense to me.

The irony....driver of the 42 loses his job for saying a racial slur.....and a minority may end up taking his seat.

I'd be overjoyed if Austin was out of the 3 car and Bubba took it over. That would be huge news. It wouldn't be just NASCAR news. I wish that would happen. RCR would be fighting off sponsors.

I'd be overjoyed if Austin was out of the 3 car and Bubba took it over. That would be huge news. It wouldn't be just NASCAR news. I wish that would happen. RCR would be fighting off sponsors.

That would never happen. I think Austin Dillon has his ride for as long as he wants it.

Back
Top Bottom