2021 Silly Season

If they no longer have to support RPM as an allied team I think they should be able to absorb Ty’s entry from Germain. Would be contingent on funding of course, but I think the capacity would be there.
Germain operates within RCR as well along with RPM and Kaulig.

Absorbing the team would be no issue.

I would think pop pop would find a way to keep him in the series if Ty wanted to stay around. Actually I think it would be cool to see how he'd run in the same equipment as Austin.
The #31 would be coming back.

Germain operates within RCR as well along with RPM and Kaulig.

Absorbing the team would be no issue.
Yeah, their shop is on the same campus I believe. Just that they would need to replace the GEICO funding, which could be tough since it’s a full-season partner but RCR usually seems to do well filling up sponsorship inventory.

Yeah, their shop is on the same campus I believe. Just that they would need to replace the GEICO funding, which could be tough since it’s a full-season partner but RCR usually seems to do well filling up sponsorship inventory.
Also, as the Premier sponsor in the sport... That would be a bad look, but at the same time GEICO pulled out of the Motocross team they sponsored.

The only other sponsor outside of GEICO is Twisted Tea. They might be good for about two races a season, I'd hate to see Bob Germain leave, but trudeling around the mid-field every year has to be taxing.

Hopefully, they can stay around, but if GEICO pulls out of the team its understandable to close up shop. Just a shame, but I wonder if the RTA will be discussed in detail in the future to see what can be adjusted. Just crazy how we might see two mid-field stallworths close in the same year.

Given the current political climate surrounding the issue he stumbled his way into, I’m not holding my breath. The timing of his grievous error could not possibly be any worse. The B Main kid suspended for a similar remark, made not that long ago, was out for 2 races. People have had enough of this garbage.

I don't think that's fair. The two situations are different. Larson made his word usage in what he thought was a private interaction with his spotter in the sim. He wasn't aware that it was being broadcast to all teams. Those familiar with iRacings communications system understand how that could happen. I think intent needs to be considered. I believe the other person you are referring to made a comment in public deliberately.

I don't think that's fair. The two situations are different. Larson made his word usage in what he thought was a private interaction with his spotter in the sim. He wasn't aware that it was being broadcast to all teams. Those familiar with iRacings communications system understand how that could happen. I think intent needs to be considered. I believe the other person you are referring to made a comment in public deliberately.
Ef7U7XlU8AEaU1d.jpeg

Yeah ... life is hard for guys earning 7 figures playing a game.

It’s 2020 ... these people are expected to project a clean public persona - all day, everyday, 7 days a week. No excuses.

I'd like to see Allgaier in the 48 cars.
I don't like the idea of HMS poaching JRM driver or sponsors. It is great that they run one car out of Junior's stable in return for a lot of help but don't kill the golden goose.

I don't like the idea of HMS poaching JRM driver or sponsors. It is great that they run one car out of Junior's stable in return for a lot of help but don't kill the golden goose.

I think allgaier would be much happier making cup money vs Xfinity money.

What do you base that on? Not everyone is motivated by more money. Some people are happier with a shorter schedule, shorter races, and fewer sponsor obligations. I'm not saying Allgaier is, just pointing out he may have other motivations.

Rick co owns Jr Motorsports with the Earnhardt’s. He’s not poaching anything...Chase came from Jr as well as William Byron too

He had his chance and didn't measure up.
Rick co owns Jr Motorsports with the Earnhardt’s. He’s not poaching anything...Chase came from Jr as well as William Byron too
I was of the opinion that 1 car of JRM belongs to HMS in return for engineering and other considerations. I don't think Rick has anything to do with the other cars.

He had his chance and didn't measure up.

I was of the opinion that 1 car of JRM belongs to HMS in return for engineering and other considerations. I don't think Rick has anything to do with the other cars.

I would like to think regardless that it seems like they have the sort of relationship that Dale Jr would probably be open to doing Rick a favor if he asked/needed Jr was able to.

What do you base that on? Not everyone is motivated by more money. Some people are happier with a shorter schedule, shorter races, and fewer sponsor obligations. I'm not saying Allgaier is, just pointing out he may have other motivations.

People that have already made millions like shorter schedules and shorter races. People that have yet made that kind of money normally want to make the money.

No answer probably means a yes IMO if he can put a deal together. That's the hard part.

Next Gen, Charters and NASCAR Business Model

There’s been recent speculation that Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin is looking to invest in a NASCAR team. Hamlin, a current Cup driver, has not confirmed this, but he gave a non-committal response when asked about future team ownership last Friday.

“I don’t have anything to announce or to speak about when it comes to it,” Hamlin said in response to a question about whether he was considering investing in Richard Petty Motorsports.

“I think that I’m always looking towards what I’m going to do after my driving career is over,” Hamlin said. “I’ve got some great partners that support me and my decisions in what I will do for years to come.”
Phelps said Tuesday that it was possible for a current driver of a four-car team to own another team but that NASCAR would have to ensure fair competition (i.e., RPM could not become a shell team for JGR, hypothetically). Phelps said Hamlin has not made an official request to NASCAR for team ownership.

Predictable. Sanctioning body pockets more dough from an “OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF ......” while another team closes its doors.
I call BS on that.

Now, I understand why folks are upset, but lets be real. Mars Inc sponsors a team and has an "official" tag in NASCAR for multiple products.

Monster is a tier member, Coca-Cola, etc. They still sponsor their respected cars and drivers. GEICO wanted that tag as a premier sponsor and back a mid-field team. It's not right to sit here and blame NASCAR for that, if GEICO wanted those responsibilities, it falls on them. Not to mention, sponsoring Germain, a 25th to 28th placed team for the majority of their races, is it NASCAR's fault?

I'm looking at Rob Kauffman and the RTA before blaming the sanctioning body for this. I'm not saying NASCAR is picture perfect, but its not their fault entirely. Got to have healthy teams for the new generation of cars coming in.

I call BS on that.

Now, I understand why folks are upset, but lets be real. Mars Inc sponsors a team and has an "official" tag in NASCAR for multiple products.

Monster is a tier member, Coca-Cola, etc. They still sponsor their respected cars and drivers. GEICO wanted that tag as a premier sponsor and back a mid-field team. It's not right to sit here and blame NASCAR for that, if GEICO wanted those responsibilities, it falls on them. Not to mention, sponsoring Germain, a 25th to 28th placed team for the majority of their races, is it NASCAR's fault?

I'm looking at Rob Kauffman and the RTA before blaming the sanctioning body for this. I'm not saying NASCAR is picture perfect, but its not their fault entirely. Got to have healthy teams for the new generation of cars coming in.
Geico won’t be the last.

Geico won’t be the last.
GEICO is not pulling out of NASCAR, they will remain a premier sponsor.

I guess the restart zone, being a primary sponsor for the GEICO 500, and a premier sponsor for the sport was too much. Not to mention, they are pulling out of other forms of motorsports. It's not just NASCAR's fault.

It sucks, I hate to see Germain possibly being sold. No one is going to parade teams with sponsors like Bob Leavine wanted its a business.

I guess the restart zone, being a primary sponsor for the GEICO 500, and a premier sponsor for the sport was too much. Not to mention, they are pulling out of other forms of motorsports. It's not just NASCAR's fault.

It sucks, I hate to see Germain possibly being sold. No one is going to parade teams with sponsors like Bob Leavine wanted its a business.

NASCAR has a LONG history of collecting "official sponsors" while the teams themselves go hungry. They used to claim that to be an "official sponsor" you had to have a certain of amount of sponsorship actually on cars, but it looks like that rule doesn't apply any more. The easy answer is that the Geico money goes into the point fund, BUT, only after NASCAR and God knows who else takes their cut, and none of that matters a whole lot if your team is out of business. If Geico was tired of being on a mid-pack car, I'm sure there are front running teams that would be only too happy to take whatever they were paying Germain, and give them a shot at going to victory lane. The 88 car comes to mind right off the bat.

NASCAR has a LONG history of collecting "official sponsors" while the teams themselves go hungry. They used to claim that to be an "official sponsor" you had to have a certain of amount of sponsorship actually on cars, but it looks like that rule doesn't apply any more. The easy answer is that the Geico money goes into the point fund, BUT, only after NASCAR and God knows who else takes their cut, and none of that matters a whole lot if your team is out of business. If Geico was tired of being on a mid-pack car, I'm sure there are front running teams that would be only too happy to take whatever they were paying Germain, and give them a shot at going to victory lane. The 88 car comes to mind right off the bat.
Click N' Close became the "Official Mortgage Lender of NASCAR" in 2018 after RPM had them for two races that season.

Just two and the company went silent after that. I think it would be cool to "pool" sponsors together and give them an opportunity to find which team suits what they want and how they can get the proper ROI they want out of the respected team or driver.

It's a mega pipe-dream though. A lot of work needs to be done on the marketing side, but I'm an arm-chair expert with no experience in marketing.

I’m aware.

In this case, my interest and concern is for team owners and their employees, not the sanctioning body.

I was with ya all the way @Kiante until I got to this part. Please explain how the RTA is to blame???

The RTA is a collective effort by the team owners to improve their business model... reduce costs, expand revenue, and greater role in governance of the sport. It is basically the union for the benefit of current team owners including Germaine. How do you twist that into blame for Germaine's plight... a backmarker team with a pay driver that loses its outside sponsor?

Back
Top Bottom