2021 Silly Season

I will believe anything about him retiring anytime whenever it comes up from a credible news source. As someone pointed out, Sherry urged him to keep on racing during her first fight with cancer. She beat it, and they got to celebrate quite a few successes together in the following years.

IF true, who does Toyota/JGR have to replace him? They cut Jones etc, and most free agents are signed for 2021 now. I don't believe any of their current development drivers are near ready for Cup. Maybe Kenseth back for a year? I doubt it after how he was forced out of the 20.
Maybe John Hunter, since he has a year of Cup experience now and is signed with Toyota in the truck series?
This seems like it could be a huge FU to JGR.
Ty Dillon 🙃

Alfredo is going to FRM according to Adam Stern:

David Regan will be in the 36 for the 500:

Some people may think this is too early for Alfredo to make the jump. I thought the same thing about JHN, but he was actually pretty good. We shall see how this works out. I didn't think Kaz Grala would be any good, but he had a top 10 in his only start. I've been proen wrong many times in this type of deal.

Let’s just say the 22-year-old Connecticut native is known not to give a darn about the feelings of other drivers when racing for position. If he has a move, he takes it.
Hurt feelings will be dealt with later.

Let’s just say the 22-year-old Connecticut native is known not to give a darn about the feelings of other drivers when racing for position. If he has a move, he takes it.
Hurt feelings will be dealt with later.

The kid embraces being a heel.

He and Gragson will be a fun watch if they race one another.

Also, this is a name I never expected to see again:

Maybe I missed this somewhere but last night on the late shift brad daugherty was saying they only have one charter for this year and will be running the second car as an open car. Has anyone heard they if they plan on running the 37 in all they races? He wasn't very clear, he made some comments about putting effort into taking Ryan to races that they feel they can maximize his talent?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hot off the press. This might be my Pick Em pick for the 500.
The car, at least, has been a reasonable finisher in plate races for years. But Brendan was a well-known quantity to the other drivers. They may not be as willing to work with Noah.

And it may take me longer to adapt to somebody else in the #62 than it will take for me to get used to Bowman in the #48.

The car, at least, has been a reasonable finisher in plate races for years. But Brendan was a well-known quantity to the other drivers. They may not be as willing to work with Noah.

And it may take me longer to adapt to somebody else in the #62 than it will take for me to get used to Bowman in the #48.
Yeah I would bet that they would leave Gragson hanging if he makes a move. He is going to have to be sneaky and do a lot of pushing IMO.

Speaking of unemployment:

I'd rather see Cope in the 00 than Houff tbh. The 15 is a chartered entry, so Cope will be in the show. Unless a driver change was to happen, but the 15 is chartered.

It's a decent payday, so stay tuned for another season of "As the RWR turns."

Associated Press

UPDATE 1-15-2021: Ty Dillon is in the process of finalizing a deal to run at least the first two races of the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season with Gaunt Brothers Racing, Motorsport.com has learned.

Once the deal is complete, Dillon would attempt to run the season-opening Daytona 500 and the race on the Daytona Road Course the following weekend in the No. 96 Toyota, multiple sources confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom