2021 Silly Season

I think he'll contend for wins at short tracks at any team better than RPM. I think hes kinda average everywhere else but he's shown real strength at short tracks with wins in trucks, and running in top 10 at them in cup.

Yeah he’s a tremendous short track racer

He has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for:

“You know as I fly across the United States today I’m ready various people’s political views and I have to say a famous four star Military General that I spent time with in the MidEast told me Mike let me give you some advice don’t ever get in a conversation about politics or religion unless you are really smart. I said why do you say that comment His response it’s like being balanced on a single edge razor blade if you slip you will get cut! Think about that before we all make foolish uneducated post! Moral of this story is most of us just repeat what we have heard we really don’t know. Have a great positive day!”
No, that isn't it

How they havent come up with an ad as Bubba Wallace driving his Cup car for fast Door Dash delivery times is beyond me.
I wish it were that easy.

Marketing is hard, but at the surface it seems simple. Teams would have a lot of sponsors if it was that simple.

Smithfield has been missing with idea of the Smithfield Sausage kerbs or the Turtle Wax Shells on road courses for a minute.:idunno:

*These are just my predictions for entertainment value*

Bowman gets moved to the 48

Bubba takes over the 88, bringing all his sponsorship dollars with him. Yes this means Bubba terminating his deal with Coca-Cola to get the HMS ride.

Larson to the 14

Bowyer to the FOX booth

Briscoe to the 32

Cindric to the 21

Denny acquires to the 13 charter and Matt D drives the car with TRD/JGR support and Wheels as CC. The car number is 23

Chastain gets a fulltime Cup ride with Spire

Brandon Jones to the 43. He gets to move to Cup, RPM gets his money

Erik Jones to the 42

Preece and Lajoie get shuffled out of Cup

Ty Dillon takes a front office role at RCR. Pop Pop ain't getting any younger...

14 - Dibenedetto
21 - Cindric
32 - Briscoe
42 - Wallace
43 - Lajoie
48 - Jones
33 - Dillion (RCR picks up the #13 charter and Ty Dillon joins RCR)

*These are just my predictions for entertainment value*

Denny acquires to the 13 charter and Matt D drives the car with TRD/JGR support and Wheels as CC. The car number is 23

Not happening unless Denny leaves the 11. Unless they've changed the 4 car rule you cant own a team and drive for another if the total of those 2 teams exceed 4 cars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About the idea of Larson...

I kinda think 2022 would make most sense for a cup comeback.

I still honestly wonder what his true intentions really are at the moment. I mean IF he really loves dirt like he’s always mentioned, I feel confident the guy could make a living off racing dirt the ways that he is right now, or maybe even there’s a way he commits to a huge multi~year deal to be in WOO or whatever.

I’m just saying, if Larson loves dirt more than ANYTHING, he most likely has ways to make a comfortable living for himself givin’ how DARN good he is.

there’s a narrative out there since he was suspended that “Larson needs/wants back ASAP”... I don’t know if that’s coming more from fans, journalists or if Kyle truly feels the same.

All I use to read was quotes fairly similar to something like this... “Larson’s just doing Cup until he’s set himself up with money, cause he really only wants to run dirt”

Well... he’s on dirt right now... it’s not how anyone including himself would have wanted it to go... but he’s on dirt..

IDK... I still wonder what Larson really wants to do, because it sounded to me like he was a dude who secretly just wanted to be back on dirt as soon as it could happen a year ago... now it’s all “Larson will get with this cup owner or he will end up in this Cup ride 2021...”

Mediocre Mike Wallace is whining about his perceived notion of the equally privileged lives of black people. But that’s 100 percent true?

This mutt has earned multiple millions of dollars under NASCAR sanction. If he was a highly paid corporate executive and posted that garbage he’d be fired, much less suspended.

Read the room, Mike. You’re way behind the curve.

Politics don't belong at work. When I go to work I don't bring politics there as it is not appropriate. These athletes and drivers are at work. They should leave the politics at home.
Disagree. Politics are part of life. I'm a union tradesman. You bet we are discussing which candidates are friendly to labor and which candidates would like to see us making 10 bucks an hour with no healthcare. If a public figure wants to use their platform to opine- I have no problem with it. They just need to be prepared to deal with the fallout- good and bad- if they feel that strongly about it.

Respectfully suggesting that a return to the Silly Season topic would be a good idea.
This has turned into a political discussion. Please, if you wish to opine on political subjects, go to The Podium.
If you need access, just send me a PM. I'll be glad to give you access.
You are correct, and I apologize for my part in de- railing.

Mediocre Mike Wallace is whining about his perceived notion of the equally privileged lives of black people. But that’s 100 percent true?

This mutt has earned multiple millions of dollars under NASCAR sanction. If he was a highly paid corporate executive and posted that garbage he’d be fired, much less suspended.

Read the room, Mike. You’re way behind the curve.

Exactly who died and made the "room" right and everybody else wrong? 21st century America. We're not satisfied with disagreeing with someone, we must try to prevent them from even voicing an opinion........

Not happening unless Denny leaves the 11. Unless they've changed the 4 car rule you cant own a team and drive for another if the total of those 2 teams exceed 4 cars.

Steve Phelps already addressed this and said that you can drive for a different team than the one you own as long as the team can prove it isn't a literal 5th car for the larger organization.

I guess I have no issue with popular folks delivering messages and using their platforms... the only thing I’d add is hopefully all their fans or followers agree with them.

a lot of sports(ball games) teams I use to be fairly passionate about starting speaking their views and it turned out that most of what they felt ‘Feel’ is something I disagree with, so these days when people bring up the ‘stick n ball’ stuff I excuse myself kindly and just say “I’m not much of a sports guy”

I use to willingly give a good bit of my money for watching games, tickets, merchandise... you’d have little to zero clue of that as I moved on and got rid of anything that showed it.

My point is easy, fine if you want to use this platform for your views... but it will have some effects if not 100% of folks agree... and the obvious part we ALL know is that there’s no way 100% of anyone’s fans or follows are ever gonna agree. So be ready to chase some people away

I think this is true, Bowyer has only expressed interest that "he wants to" return for 2021. Wouldn't be surprised if he does return for 1 more, making the playoffs is a big deal sponsorship wise, may have bought him time. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the FOX booth either.

I believe part of the reason Tony was speaking out on Larson getting back in, was because he now has a harder decision to make. Opt for Briscoe or Jones in 21', or use Bowyer as a 1 year stop gap to Larson or Briscoe in 22'.

If Larson had already been let back in (driving a lesser ride presumably), it would be easier for Tony to gauge what sponsors/Ford would be willing to do. Larson going straight into the 14 for 21' (if/when reinstated) this offseason would be a bolder move. If there's actual demand once he gets reinstatement, Hendrick could be looking that way too. The first big team to take a chance on Larson is going to get majorly rewarded imo.

I thought maybe the holdover of the next gen car to 2022 would have alot of teams just keep their guys for next year then reevaluate. I think that's proving to be wrong tho

If the potential Hamlin owned team has TRD/JGR technical alliance, then that will be a tough sell...
Maybe not. Apparently nascar doesn't care. I don't care what they say the 95 is a 5th JGR car.

I think this is true, Bowyer has only expressed interest that "he wants to" return for 2021. Wouldn't be surprised if he does return for 1 more, making the playoffs is a big deal sponsorship wise, may have bought him time. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the FOX booth either.

I believe part of the reason Tony was speaking out on Larson getting back in, was because he now has a harder decision to make. Opt for Briscoe or Jones in 21', or use Bowyer as a 1 year stop gap to Larson or Briscoe in 22'.

If Larson had already been let back in (driving a lesser ride presumably), it would be easier for Tony to gauge what sponsors/Ford would be willing to do. Larson going straight into the 14 for 21' (if/when reinstated) this offseason would be a bolder move. If there's actual demand once he gets reinstatement, Hendrick could be looking that way too. The first big team to take a chance on Larson is going to get majorly rewarded imo.

Love Clint as an announcer but the dude can still drive. Why would you leave if you’re still a Top 10-12 driver?

Back
Top Bottom