2021 Silly Season

The number of races Cindric can run in Cup is not limited. Good To Know That. Is that because Penske has only 3 cars?

I'm surprised Cindric is not coming to Cup after 3 Xfinity seasons but I'm happy DiBurrito will be in the 21 for another year. I am not surprised, this is the first year he has done much.
Cindric will be an immediate threat to win if he runs some of the road courses next year. That is Possible but he will be up against much stiffer competition than he was in Xfinity.

10 races into next season 90% of this forum will complain that Bowyer is annoying in the booth.
FWIW I think Kurt is probably the best active driver option for the FOX booth right now, but the timing didn’t quite line up.

Of course, if Gordon becomes more active with the team I could see him stepping down from that role and opening another analyst spot.

FWIW I think Kurt is probably the best active driver option for the FOX booth right now, but the timing didn’t quite line up.

Of course, if Gordon becomes more active with the team I could see him stepping down from that role and opening another analyst spot.
Clint is definitely, IMO, NOT classy enough to replace Jeff Gordon in the booth. At best he would be an attraction for the hillbilly fans.

10 races into next season 90% of this forum will complain that Bowyer is annoying in the booth.

It could break in that direction if he decides or is directed to do a Miley impression and be the "color" guy. I hope he reins it in, as he's a smart commentator and the interplay between he and Gordon could be fun.

I think he'll do great but you're right. Idk if I'm less sensitive to bad commentary or what but I've never really thought any booth was terrible for any sport. I even like Rick Allen lmao

What a transfer season though. Tons of shuffling and some upstart teams. Exciting times. And some of the biggest seats haven't been announced yet.

It's Larson.

Tony has wanted Larson for years I feel like.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Certainly possible if Tony was able to get the Sponsors/Ford to budge on taking the first gamble on him. Would go back to that audio clip.

I don't know what kind of connection Jones may have with Tony after being in the #20 Toyota (probably unrelated), but if Tony see's him as Logano 2.0. Outside chance it could be a spot for Jones, if they do another Briscoe year in Xfinity with Cindric still down there. Jones resume is pretty insane to still be out there at his age. Seems like their type of guy on branding. I wouldn't rule him out either.

Harvick must be mad. First Jr. lands at NBC and now Clint at Fox. Not a bunch of room up in the box for Kevin if and when he wants to retire.

Like I've said before I think Clint does more for the sport at this in the booth than in the car. IMO the fox broadcast has definitely been missing something this season

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s gotta be Larson to SHR now, I’m feeling a bit better about the Jones Boy’s prospects for next year now

2021, Larson to the #14
2022ish, Briscoe to the #10 (or sooner if the bacon money runs out)
I’m with this line of thinking. I think Briscoe spends another year in Xfinity then is brough up for the 10 in 22

Somehow I still think its possible Jones goes to the 24, moving Byron into 88

Wow.. I’m not completely shocked by this news, but I am surprised.

Obviously Larson is the wild card, but I would like to see Briscoe in the 14. Almirola has roughly an average finish of 15 over the past 3 years so he’s still performing well, albeit only 1 win over that time period. Add in his Smithfield sponsorship and I doubt they pull his ride just yet.

I did really start buying into the idea Bowyer would have that 14 just for one more year... I am actually a little surprised this came out so late in the year...

... that alone tells me they’re getting ‘riled’ up about something coming down the line... Larson most likely... but then again I’ve been wrong on every other guess so far in this thread haha

Harvick must be mad. First Jr. lands at NBC and now Clint at Fox. Not a bunch of room up in the box for Kevin if and when he wants to retire.
Not sure why some of these guys want to retire in their 40s as multi millionaires and still commit to weekly travel to BFE race tracks.

If I were in their shoes the only place you’d find me is buck nekkid in the Maldives.

WOW I knew Clint would be coveted for TV but still a surprise to hear it announced now. Great role for him at Fox beside Jeff. He takes the funny guy role DW had and will make it his own. He and Gordon demonstrated great chemistry during the iRacing telecast.

Yeah but I bet all those victory trophies from this year cheer him up

Kevin’s trophies from this year as well as maybe a Cup championship at the end of the year will do a good job of consoling him
I'm sure he'll be feeling fine when he's being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
It is almost like you guys want us to forget the time Kevin has spent in the booth over the last several seasons doing commentary. It isn't like he knows that the sport is in a cycle where contracts are getting smaller and going to younger drivers. You're right, he never wanted to be in the booth. He was just doing it because he was bored and needed to kill downtime on the weekend. LOL.

With some of the announcements today, I wonder if part of the delay announcing some of these deals could have been team(s) waiting on the decision for whether some other drivers were available, just for example Matt D

With some of the announcements today, I wonder if part of the delay announcing some of these deals could have been team(s) waiting on the decision for whether some other drivers were available, just for example Matt D

Just to clarify, I do mean the delay in rides still unannounced (14 and 48 for example)

5 (88) - Larson
14 - Briscoe
32 - Grala
34 - Lajoie
37 - Erik Jones
43 - Ty Dillon
77 - Haley
95? (Spire) - McDowell
96 - Brandon Jones

Hoping these are the changes for next year..... I hope Gaunt stays afloat with BJones's Rheem money.

Where does Deegan land in 2022? Surely a Cup team will want her by then no matter how bad of an idea that is

I don't see Briscoe in the 14. I'm still thinking he takes the 6 with Roush, although maybe not until '22.

Larson is getting the 14. Jones is going to Hendrick.

It is almost like you guys want us to forget the time Kevin has spent in the booth over the last several seasons doing commentary. It isn't like he knows that the sport is in a cycle where contracts are getting smaller and going to younger drivers. You're right, he never wanted to be in the booth. He was just doing it because he was bored and needed to kill downtime on the weekend. LOL.
While at the same time you want us to disregard he’s at the top of his game right now and in my estimation it’d be a head scratcher for him to walk away at this current juncture. I would doubt he’s losing sleep over losing out on a booth opportunity, he’s signed till 23 with SHR. You’re also missing the fact that the TV contracts are up in a few years and Kevin could still get in a booth if someone new wins the rights to broadcast races. It be a perfect way to step into retirement when his own contract is up. As well as his son starting to race, I don’t want to speak for another man I don’t even know but I would venture to say Kevin will be just fine when he steps away from the driving portion of his career.

The 14 doesn't require a sponsor. Have you forgotten how often Gene self sponsors cars from that stable?

Eventually the money will need to come from somewhere else, but yeah it gets his foot in the door then they can go to work on it after the initial blowover. Same thing with Hendrick.com or Chevy parts accessories

ok, I read it again, whats a "hillbilly fan" and why would they be attracted by Clint?
That's a better question and different from your previous one.
Hillbilly fan to me ( who lives closer to the artic circle than southern USA) are those from a certain region in the USA who claim to be the birth place of many Nascar drivers who previously were engaged in the transportation of illegal alcohol.
Clint tries to come across as a good old boy from that era (IMO) and so I think those people would be attracted to him. If I am wrong then I am wrong, don't lose any sleep over it.

Back
Top Bottom