2021 Silly Season

In before Briscoe gets called a spoiled rich kid

He was on the Dale Jr Download yesterday and he is far from a rich kid, I mean he was volunteering in ARCA shops hoping for a chance.

I think the most important thing going for Jones is that it isn't where he probably wanted to go, but at least he is still at the Cup level. The ride isn't totally junk, and he will probably get more attention with decent finishes that he did driving the 20.
I would be surprised if the 43 team does not outperform the new MJ team with Bubba.
Hoping to see Jones with some good runs next year.

I would be surprised if the 43 team does not outperform the new MJ team with Bubba.
Hoping to see Jones with some good runs next year.
I don't have a lot of faith looking at previous "affiliations" If they do start beating the preacher, the price of horse shoes will probably go up. If they don't, most partnerships fail or they run out of money. A real fine line has to be walked for success.

Have they crashed hard yet? Have they picked a fight with half the garage? Have they broken their spine? Have they sucker punched fans? Have they killed anyone?

If not, then you don’t know what you’ve got.

Tony is a once in a lifetime racer but his tough guy attitude and “earn your stripes” mentality has always sucked.

You can troll all ya want, but it's true. I have for years paid attention to new guys coming into the series when they have a hard hit.. It happens to older drivers also. Wasn't long ago there was a discussion here about Johnson and how he hasn't been the same driver after his huge crash at Pocono.

You can troll all ya want, but it's true. I have for years paid attention to new guys coming into the series when they have a hard hit.. It happens to older drivers also. Wasn't long ago there was a discussion here about Johnson and how he hasn't been the same driver after his huge crash at Pocono.
Rusty Wallace said it himself, watching Dale die was his wake up call and he knew it was his time to walk away. However he also admitted he was gun shy before this event, it was just the icing on the cake.

Rusty Wallace said it himself, watching Dale die was his wake up call and he knew it was his time to walk away. However he also admitted he was gun shy before this event, it was just the icing on the cake.

Really? I've heard the opposite that he felt pushed out and retired too early. I had heard he regretted retiring and wished he'd waited a few more years.

Unbelievable that this is even happening.

Two teams leaving (Leavine and Germain), but two new teams have entered (23XI and Trackhouse).

I'm hoping Jordan and Marks will make the sport more attractive to enter, not to mention the new sponsors they will bring in.

Nervous, but optimistic about the future.

I think Spire has only one seat, at least only one charter.
I thought Spire has three charters, including one that's leased to the new Justin Marks team and two that Spire will race next year. Don't remember where that was published, but I'm pretty sure that was what's out there. (Did Spire acquire the Leavine Family Racing shop space to facilitate running two cars next year?)

I thought Spire has three charters, including one that's leased to the new Justin Marks team and two that Spire will race next year. Don't remember where that was published, but I'm pretty sure that was what's out there. (Did Spire acquire the Leavine Family Racing shop space to facilitate running two cars next year?)
yeah that is what I heard, they had three charters and no car/drivers.

Spire and Rick Ware have six charters between themselves?
EkzX9nxW0AgWDwp.jpeg

Spire had one charter this year. Leavine and Germain are leaving the sport after the season, Gernain's charter was sold to the Jordan/Hamlin-team and the Leavine charter was sold to Spire but later leased by Trackhouse.
I just don't know who Spire would get another charter from?

Btw. Great news if they're actually interested in improving the team.

You do realize Spire is getting their own shop and working on being competitive? :blink:
In due time, I just like pressing ribs a bit.

I think they will figure it out eventually. Hiring an actual full-time driver would be a start for the team and building on from there.

Spire had one charter this year. Leavine and Germain are leaving the sport after the season, Gernain's charter was sold to the Jordan/Hamlin-team and the Leavine charter was sold to Spire but later leased by Trackhouse.
I just don't know who Spire would get another charter from?

Btw. Great news if they're actually interested in improving the team.

In a statement, Spire revealed it has possession of three charters.

In due time, I just like pressing ribs a bit.

I think they will figure it out eventually. Hiring an actual full-time driver would be a start for the team and building on from there.

That’s what they’re doing.

Corey Lajoie is rumored to maybe go there........ Ty Dillon doesn’t have many Cup options besides Spire either

Really? I've heard the opposite that he felt pushed out and retired too early. I had heard he regretted retiring and wished he'd waited a few more years.
I watched his interview while he was working in the booth so I can only take his word for it.
Maye after he lost his job he changed his mind or after he tried to run his own team.
Don't forget he sold his shares back to Penske.

I heard that too, and he still raced for 5 more years, so he wasn't in that much of a hurry to retire.

Back
Top Bottom