2021 Silly Season

I guess I get JHN going to KBM to get in some really good equipment but I just dont see room for him at the inn with all the other drivers already in the program. Unless Jordan and Denny do some serious expansion

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting, Lessard can take the money he has anywhere.

The young man is popular because of his work ethic and feedback in whatever he drives.

Nemo will over drive the truck like he has done his whole career, force it three and four wide on restarts, and generally wreck a lot of trucks his and others. It will be interesting to watch as I am not paying for the crumpled sheet metal. I thought it was interesting Burton ran 38 races in a KBM truck and never won a race. Lessard was their only full time driver to win a race. Lessard might have bailed

It is, but this move has a future with the JGR Cup team in mind. Hamlin, Truex, and Ky. Busch are all getting older.

I say JHN moves up the JGR bracket and finds himself at JGR or 23XI sooner than later. This move, I hope he finds himself a home fr fr. I thought Ford was going to keep him within the fold, but it's moving backwards to move further forward IMO
I don't see JHN in a JGR Cup ride, but maybe 23XI....but we will have to see how that team grows.

Good luck Nemechek

This could turn out to be a good move for him. Winning championships are great but there is only 1 available each year. There is good money to be if you can make your brand something people want to buy.

More like he got fired for being mediocre and getting a lucky win at Talladega.
two races later a top 5 at Texas, was leading the next race at Martinsville and got dumped, came back, heavy damage for a top 20, and then a top 5 at the last race Phoenix. Don't think it was luck he ran so well at the end of the season. Somebody will be peeing in their wheaties if he gets on at GMS or Thorsport or some other decent team picks him up.

two races later a top 5 at Texas, was leading the next race at Martinsville and got dumped, came back, heavy damage for a top 20, and then a top 5 at the last race Phoenix. Don't think it was luck he ran so well at the end of the season. Somebody will be peeing in their wheaties if he gets on at GMS or Thorsport or some other decent team picks him up.

I don’t think Lessard is terrible, he’s proven to be a decent short track/late model IIRC, but I just didn’t notice much of him that makes him better than Eckes & Smith. I’d much preferred seeing Lessard in the 24 over Purdy.

Nemechek is a checkers or wreckers driver. No doubt he wrecks more often than he should, but he also wins races & I think Kyle wants a guy capable of winning. I like the move for both sides. He wasn’t terrible at FRM, better than a few drivers that had more experience than him at least.

oh, I must have misunderstood. Words like fired, mediocre, and lucky win in the same sentence must have thrown me off.
Yeah maybe I should have responded to somebody that doesn’t try to bait my posts all the time. Gets old.

Last I checked Eckes has better stats in everything except a Talladega win and so did Nemechek.

Last edited:
Yeah maybe I should have responded to somebody that knows how to agree to disagree once in a while.

Last I checked Eckes has better stats in everything except a Talladega win and so did Nemechek.
Eckes will improve with another season under his belt. Just goes to the significant difference in moving from ARCA to the Truck Series. Lessard is a raw prospect for the most part and by the last bit of the season you can tell he was piecing it together.

That run he (Lessard) had going at Martinsville was most impressive, but Eckes was just plugging good finishes together. I expect them both to be running better next season. Eckes was close to winning as well on a couple of occasions, so I would have preferred them to stay at KBM, but JHN's known prowess in the truck series is hard to pass up.

Should be another cracking season of truck racing though in 2021.

I don’t think Lessard is terrible, he’s proven to be a decent short track/late model IIRC, but I just didn’t notice much of him that makes him better than Eckes & Smith. I’d much preferred seeing Lessard in the 24 over Purdy.

Nemechek is a checkers or wreckers driver. No doubt he wrecks more often than he should, but he also wins races & I think Kyle wants a guy capable of winning. I like the move for both sides. He wasn’t terrible at FRM, better than a few drivers that had more experience than him at least.

That kind of sounds like someone who could potentially really benefit from Kyle Busch's advice etc.

Has there been any rumors about where Ty Dillion will end up? I haven't really heard anything

I will be inconsolable if they don't run Dinger in those races, and I probably won't be alone.
I really don't understand why Dinger doesn't have a cup ride. I think he is better than some that have full time rides. I suppose he just hasn't been able to convince a sponsor he belongs.

I really don't understand why Dinger doesn't have a cup ride. I think he is better than some that have full time rides. I suppose he just hasn't been able to convince a sponsor he belongs.
Because he was considered a road course ringer, but he didn't turn out to be much of one compared to everyone else in cup. Besides road courses he never showed much by way of results.

AJ was actually pretty good in the 43 & 47 (until 2017/18). You don’t see Stenhouse or even Buescher for that matter putting up the results he did in 2014 & even 2016 for that matter at JTG.

I think AJ is happy with what he’s doing now, but a team like Roush or JTG again would be smart to have him at the road courses and plate tracks.

Allmendinger was pretty good in Xfinity last year. He did a lot of being a team member when he could have muscled his way around Chastain or Haley for at least a couple of better finishes but 2 wins, 6 top fives in 11 races is pretty substantial. He almost had a Daytona win also after dominating the race.

McMurray makes the most sense if its not Bayne, all the others are either just retired (Jimmie and Matt and I don't see them hoping in that garbage) or pretty far from their last start, Ward, Marlin, Bill, Jr, Mikey ect

Back
Top Bottom