2022 Silly Season

More likely Ty Gibbs. Unless they keep the 54 open for JHN. Or boot Hemric or Brandon Jones to make room.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Brandon Jones get the boot. The 98 car could also be an option due to Herbst’s poor performance.

I mean honestly he has bounced from team to team so much in his late career its crazy, but he makes everywhere he goes a better place.

5 years with Roush (2001-2005)
6 years with Penske (2006-2011)
1 year with Finch (2012)
1 year with Furniture Row (2013)
5 years with SHR (2014-2018)
3 years with Ganassi (2019-2021)

Kurt's win totals have been remarkably consistent. He failed to win in his rookie season (though he nearly won Rockingham at the end of the year), then he scored 4 wins twice and 3 wins twice in the rest of his years at Roush.

Then over the last 16 seasons (aside from the 2 years he spent with lower-budget teams) he has won either 1 or 2 races each and every year. Never more, never less.

Ford as a whole has had a down year. I don't think performance was the driving force in the decision to replace him.
Even so, DiBenedetto has looked rather mediocre most of the season. He was the second-highest finishing Ford driver in the last two races, but that's the best he's been (compared to other Fords) all season.

Even so, DiBenedetto has looked rather mediocre most of the season. He was the second-highest finishing Ford driver in the last two races, but that's the best he's been (compared to other Fords) all season.
He straight up said in his video about it that the #21 team has been “broken” for a long time and they’ve just now figured things out and are in a rhythm and it sucks to get the news now because they finally worked the bugs out.

Do fans not give Matt a pass for rotten luck and a new team that isnt working together well early on, but then turn around and give guys like Wallace and Saurez a pass?

This stuff takes time to mold and it seems like Matt just gets the short end of the stick as soon as he gets in a groove.

Also calling it now. Austin Cindric and Harrison Burton will be busts in the NASCAR Cup Series.

Well my pick for the weekend is looking like a big ole pile of crap now. People dont take kindly to being thrown under the bus.

I understand Matt getting the boot, but I also concede that putting Burton in the cars is a head scratcher. There’s several other truck and xfinity drivers I’d go to first. (JHN, Creed, Berry, Zane Smith, a potentially available Chastain, Preece)
Jeff Burton is Harrison’s manager, and he was able to get Wood Bros to come to the table.

Not sure how anyone thinks that Harrison will perform any better or worse than Matt since the new car is here next season. Honestly a weird time to be making knee jerk moves for a young driver.

No way. Almirola has Smithfield, plus I'm not sure you can put his performance all on him. Kevin Harvick is winless.
Harvick is winless but he atleast has top 10s and has been running towards the front half of the field. While Aric has had some awful luck, some of that luck would be better if he wasn’t caught up in someone else’s back marker BS.

To be fair to all of SHR, they have been boiled ass as an organization this season.

Jeff Burton is Harrison’s manager, and he was able to get Wood Bros to come to the table.

Not sure how anyone thinks that Harrison will perform any better or worse than Matt since the new car is here next season. Honestly a weird time to be making knee jerk moves for a young driver.
I thought he was still represented by KHI?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Define 'bust', and specify a time frame. Most of us would have Bowman a bust before Jr. tapped him.
Not as competitive as everyone expects. Expect a large drop off with 2 car, and Burton will not take care of the 21. Expect a drop off from where the 21 has been. Burton isn't ready for Cup and it will be obvious. He is being moved up too fast. He isn't a Larson/Elliott type talent.

I thought he was still represented by KHI?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This is a Ford move and Harvick probably has one or two more years left.

Burton gets the nod in the 21 for a few years as a placeholder, then will be moved to the 4 car when Harvick retires. Burton is a member of KHI, I guess Jeff's connections helped as well to get the seat.

The succession plan for Harvick is in motion now, JMO of course.

This is a Ford move and Harvick probably has one or two more years left.

Burton gets the nod in the 21 for a few years as a placeholder, then will be moved to the 4 car when Harvick retires. Burton is a member of KHI, I guess Jeff's connections helped as well.

The succession plan for Harvick is in motion now.
:XXROFL:

In DiB’s favor, it is true that he hasn’t gotten his elbows out or capitalized on some crucial moments, but I know I’m not the only one who sees that he’s done better than a good portion of his recent predecessors in that 21. I think he’s done enough to merit a ride that falls at least within the same tier, or an upper echelon Xfinity ride like the 98. Beating Herbst’s numbers would be like the easiest pole vault competition ever. As for Harrison Burton, I guess Wood Brothers Racing used a dartboard to determine who would come next. Not going to knock on him on too much, but I’m sharing the sentiment here that he’s not shown enough promise to be given a Cup ride this early.

As for the guy saying Cindric is going to be a bust, I doubt it. He’s already gotten an Xfinity title, he hasn’t regressed, and he’s actually done pretty good in those outings with the extra Penske Cup car. Luck has dealt a hand in where he’s finished more than once. I don’t expect him to light the world up, but matching how the 2 has been this year - at least - isn’t out of the question. The extra spate of road courses also helps out a lot when you happen to be pretty good at them.

Also calling it now. Austin Cindric and Harrison Burton will be busts in the NASCAR Cup Series.
Honestly while I'm not a fan of him or any Penske driver, in my opinion Cindric has shown way too much potential in his limited cup starts. If his car would have held up (which I honestly believe may have been kind of Penske "test" car since he wasn't full time), then he may very well have even won Road America.

I agree. And while I also agree it may be too soon for someone like Harrison, I also think it may be the best possible time for it to happen with everyone else having to learn a new car at the same time.

Honestly while I'm not a fan of him or any Penske driver, in my opinion Cindric has shown way too much potential in his limited cup starts. If his car would have held up (which I honestly believe may have been kind of Penske "test" car since he wasn't full time), then he may very well have even won Road America.
Going to be pretty hard for Cendric to "fail" when there are so many road courses. Young Harry gets to practice this year. It looks like Nascar is working on practice and qualifying this year so that is going to help loads. He is driving a Penske car with Penske data being shared. It's a bit different partnership than pay to play that most affiliate teams have. One hell of a jump up for Burton. Cendric is going to be hell on wheels on the road courses, top 5 driver.

In just 6 Cup starts, Cindric has LED a few laps in half of them (Daytona and two road courses). He also qualified in the top 5 in both of those road course races. His finishes aren't overly impressive, but he's shown enough potential so far that I seriously doubt he'll be a bust. The added road courses in the Cup schedule will certainly help him, too. As for Burton, though, we'll have to wait and see.

In just 6 Cup starts, Cindric has LED a few laps in half of them (Daytona and two road courses). He also qualified in the top 5 in both of those road course races. His finishes aren't overly impressive, but he's shown enough potential so far that I seriously doubt he'll be a bust. The added road courses in the Cup schedule will certainly help him, too. As for Burton, though, we'll have to wait and see.
As far as his finishes, while I do think as I mentioned in my previous post that Cindric's car failed him in a race he could have won and was very possibly a test cart of sorts (just my personal speculation, no source or anything), I do believe Penske in general has had some issues with their road course package this year (brakes etc).

As far as his finishes, while I do think as I mentioned in my previous post that Cindric's car failed him in a race he could have won and was very possibly a test cart of sorts (just my personal speculation, no source or anything), I do believe Penske in general has had some issues with their road course package this year (brakes etc).
Big brakes, wider tires, independent suspension on all 4 corners mated to a slap shifter is going to make the fast guys faster. The balance with the rear transaxle added is really going to create nothing but lap records all year long.

Jeff Burton is his acting General Manager.

KHI is a marketing agency.

Nobody is wrong.
Thank you.

Next time I want to be @‘d for posting correct info, I’ll go post to the NASCAR subreddit.

Back
Top Bottom