2022 Silly Season

Well Denny is an owner and already a driver for another 4 car organization, which up until now wasnt allowed.

Its essentially a 5th JGR car as last I heard they're doing all fabrication, preparing the car and sharing all technical data.

What part did I get wrong?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As far I understand it, the former rule was that the sum of cars owned by a driver and cars owned by that driver’s owner could not exceed four. It seems that NASCAR made a slight modification to the existing rule.

The four car rule was announced in 2005. Dale Earnhardt died in 2001.

Brads contract is up after this year and I havent heard he signed an extension. He would be a great driver to start a new team with.

Brads contract is up after this year and I havent heard he signed an extension. He would be a great driver to start a new team with.
At this point in his career I don’t think Brad wants to start from scratch and go through the growing pains of a new team. Established top tier team and solid money is probably all he’d consider.

At this point in his career I don’t think Brad wants to start from scratch and go through the growing pains of a new team. Established top tier team and solid money is probably all he’d consider.
He needs to at least have interest by someone else so he has leverage in negotiating. I know TRD has a never ending supply of development drivers but you would think 23XI would be interested in talking to him if adding another car or 2

Dale Jarrett made a lot of coin going to MWR for his last couple seasons.

Predictions (as of today without any shockers):
23XI Racing
45/54/87- JHN
Kaulig Racing
16-Justin Haley
32(Part-time ride, maybe full-time, not sure of number, if it's full they go with AJ)- Allmendinger, Grala, Jeb Burton
SHR
10-Almirola out, Dibenedetto in
Roush
6-Almirola, Newman retires
JR Motorsports
88- Allgaier
CGR
1-Kurt decides to stay around another to give Ganassi time to find a replacement.
Don't see any other major moves happening.

Kurt is retiring (he basically announced it in a Monster video months ago). Ricky Stenhouse is in a contract year with JTG, has NOS Energy as a partner (who is owned by Monster) and Monster will have money available that won't be going to Kurt anymore. Maybe they elevate their Cup sponsorship of Ricky and he takes over the 1?

Almirola is in a contract year. I could also see Ricky in the 10 if Aric doesn't get re-signed. Dirt racer, and a good one a that. Ricky is one of those guys that still never really got a break in the Cup series and I think at a competitive team he could be the next Truex.

piggybacking off that list, I'd do almost anything to see Jeff Gordon run a full season again. Still weird hes not racing anymore.

Kurt is retiring (he basically announced it in a Monster video months ago). Ricky Stenhouse is in a contract year with JTG, has NOS Energy as a partner (who is owned by Monster) and Monster will have money available that won't be going to Kurt anymore. Maybe they elevate their Cup sponsorship of Ricky and he takes over the 1?

Almirola is in a contract year. I could also see Ricky in the 10 if Aric doesn't get re-signed. Dirt racer, and a good one a that. Ricky is one of those guys that still never really got a break in the Cup series and I think at a competitive team he could be the next Truex.

an upgrade in equipment would be a nice reward for Ricky's start to this season.

piggybacking off that list, I'd do almost anything to see Jeff Gordon run a full season again. Still weird hes not racing anymore.
For me, no thanks. Gordon fans were privileged to see their driver go out on a high note rather than being a Dale Jarrett or Darrell Waltrip. Plus, he earned that Rolex. Maybe a one off non-points paying event or racing in another series like SRX would be cool, but please nothing long term for NASCAR. His best days are far behind him and be knows it as well. In this season’s Rolex 24 he basically said he was done sitting behind the wheel.

Which drivers would it be cool to see return to NASCAR Cup Series racing? And which drivers who had just a cup of coffee in Cup would it be cool to see get another chance.

We would all benefit from seeing Stewart return to racing in NASCAR. Much like the Intimidator, I didn't appreciate Stewart until he was no longer a part of the sport.

Just for the heck of it....Tony Stewart,, Dale Jarrett, Bobby Labonte, Kyle Petty, and Joe Nemechek would be my 5 choices for drivers to return to Cup.

We would all benefit from seeing Stewart return to racing in NASCAR. Much like the Intimidator, I didn't appreciate Stewart until he was no longer a part of the sport.

Just for the heck of it....Tony Stewart,, Dale Jarrett, Bobby Labonte, Kyle Petty, and Joe Nemechek would be my 5 choices for drivers to return to Cup.
I wonder if the SRX series continues we may get to see some of them back on the track. I believe Bill Elliott is going to race some this year, Stewart, Bobby Labonte and Michael Waltrip from the Nascar side of things.

I wonder if the SRX series continues we may get to see some of them back on the track. I believe Bill Elliott is going to race some this year, Stewart, Bobby Labonte and Michael Waltrip from the Nascar side of things.
All full-time in that series.

I think the bigger news might be the shuffling of charters. RWR has hinted they may be willing to sell a charter. Spire said they are in market possible as both a buyer and seller. Trackhouse needs a charter for next year. If JRM and Kaulig want to race full time next year you would think they would only be willing to do it with a charter.

To me the stuff that Spire and RWR have done with the buying of charters and basically sitting on them needs to be looked at. Reminds me of people that used to buy up domain names just to sit on them.

I think the bigger news might be the shuffling of charters. RWR has hinted they may be willing to sell a charter. Spire said they are in market possible as both a buyer and seller. Trackhouse needs a charter for next year. If JRM and Kaulig want to race full time next year you would think they would only be willing to do it with a charter.

To me the stuff that Spire and RWR have done with the buying of charters and basically sitting on them needs to be looked at. Reminds me of people that used to buy up domain names just to sit on them.
They can only sit on a charter for so long before Nascar can take them back, so it behooves who ever has a non performing charter to put it up for sale instead of it being repoed by Nascar. Turns out RWR made a good investment, he bought low and now the charters are worth more today.

They can only sit on a charter for so long before Nascar can take them back, so it behooves who ever has a non performing charter to put it up for sale instead of it being repoed by Nascar. Turns out RWR made a good investment, he bought low and now the charters are worth more today.

Well they kind of can. The games these guys play with shuffling of charter numbers from car to car and leasing them out to keep them from being in the bottom 3 or whatever is ridiculous.

I've always been of the opinion to get rid of the charters and whoever shows up and is fast enough makes the field.

think the bigger news might be the shuffling of charters. RWR has hinted they may be willing to sell a charter. Spire said they are in market possible as both a buyer and seller. Trackhouse needs a charter for next year. If JRM and Kaulig want to race full time next year you would think they would only be willing to do it with a charter.
If anyone 'deserves' a charter, it's JTGD, Preece, and that #37 bunch in 24th place.

I'm unclear what you mean by 'sitting on them'. They're starting cars for those charters every week.
IMO starting cars and making an attempt to field a competitive car are 2 completely different things. Showing up with a car and constantly running at the back of the field does nothing for the sport.

For the most part as the season progresses these guys don't show any real signs of even trying to improve.

Well they kind of can. The games these guys play with shuffling of charter numbers from car to car and leasing them out to keep them from being in the bottom 3 or whatever is ridiculous.

I've always been of the opinion to get rid of the charters and whoever shows up and is fast enough makes the field.
Never going to happen.

The value of each of the charters increases every time a new team buys one . That was the whole point.

IMO starting cars and making an attempt to field a competitive car are 2 completely different things. Showing up with a car and constantly running at the back of the field does nothing for the sport.

For the most part as the season progresses these guys don't show any real signs of even trying to improve.
Their charters are lipstick on a pig. Keep them alive until somebody wants one bad enough.

Jr. Earnhardt knows how much they're worth.

After his run today maybe Matty D can drive Cindric’s souvenir hauler next season
It seems he is just keeping the seat warm with little effort. On the other hand, I don't see much from any Penske team this year. I think Roger's meddling has backfired. On the other hand, no Fords are doing much. On the other hand, the #17 is improving.

It seems he is just keeping the seat warm with little effort. On the other hand, I don't see much from any Penske team this year. I think Roger's meddling has backfired. On the other hand, no Fords are doing much. On the other hand, the #17 is improving.
??? They all have wins?

Ford is down a bit this season, but the 4 is slowly improving every week. I bet by the end of the summer they’re a serious contender

Back
Top Bottom