2022 Silly Season

wi_racefan

Team Owner
I have no idea why Smithfield has stuck with Aric so long. The guy has 2 wins in 14 years at the Cup level.
It all comes down to what the sponsor it looking for. Some care about winning, some are more concerned about advertising and bringing their customers to the track and showing them a good time. Let's be honest he's done a great job representing them

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
They’ll have to wait a bit longer....till after the 23 season and even after that Harv could stick around for some more fun. Facts are facts, he just signed an extension and will be here for the foreseeable future. Brad is gonna have to go somewhere else.
I doubt he is going anywhere. Penske has been transparent with their future plans, He's going to move Cendric into the 21 car. I think my guess is as good as any is that Kez tried to get slick with the contract and Penske tought him which hog ate the cabbage.

DeWeese

Gasman
New Member!
Looks like brad doesn’t have as many options as I thought, he is easily the best Of the upcoming free agents what are some real possibilities for him then?

cheesepuffs

Smokes, let's go
Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Nova Scotia, Canada
I think Brad is gonna call it a career and focus full-time on his business. He's been outspoken about wanting big horsepower and I can't see him sticking around for the next-gen car if it isn't going to fix his current gripes. Seems like he's been generally just frustrated the last couple years too, like he's kinda over this whole circus.

cheesepuffs

Smokes, let's go
Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Nova Scotia, Canada
Also, calling it now, Matt D gets the second 23XI ride. Denny likes him, sponsored him that time back when he was still with GoFas. He's experienced, doesn't tear up equipment, and his salary is going to be many times lower than free agent Brad would be for instance.

I don't see Harrison Burton getting there by way of JGR connection because starting next year the chassis's are a common part from one supplier. The dependence on the major teams from their satellites is going to become somewhat reduced, and I don't think MJ will want to be JGR-lite. He has a huge ego and deep pockets, he doesn't need to fall in line for Coach Gibbs.

hmmm298

Car Chief
I see you guys dont like the Harvick idea. So here's one for Revman. KB winless this year and Brad to the 18.

:XXROFL: :bounce: :dunce:

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Looks like brad doesn’t have as many options as I thought, he is easily the best Of the upcoming free agents what are some real possibilities for him then?
There won't be a car open in '22 that's as good as the #2 he's in now. There's nothing to gain for him by leaving Penske, and nothing else worth saying on the subject.

hmmm298

Car Chief
With whoever Pitbulldoggy is being pushed as big deal as a new owner, MJ etc, and with the new car supposed to kind of even the field a bit with parts all coming from the same place, perhaps he could end up as a second driver for one of those or even Spire etc or a brand new team.
A driver of his caliber could be just what a new team needs to get up and going. It's been done before, just for example Dale Earnhardt/Richard Childress (no I am not comparing Brad to Dale - Dale will ALWAYS be #1)

wi_racefan

Team Owner
If the new car actually lowers the cost of competition and the price of charters supposedly stays I think you may actually see more open teams. If you can run in the black without having to purchase a charter why would you? The ROI would have to be several years on it?

If that's the case my guess is nascar will "reallocate" the prize money to make it impossible again to make money without a charter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
If you can run in the black without having to purchase a charter why would you?
Until qualifying returns or the field expands, only four unchartered teams will be in the field. You can’t run in the back if you can’t start. New teams will need a charter to make the race.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
If the new car actually lowers the cost of competition and the price of charters supposedly stays I think you may actually see more open teams. If you can run in the black without having to purchase a charter why would you? The ROI would have to be several years on it?

If that's the case my guess is nascar will "reallocate" the prize money to make it impossible again to make money without a charter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It’s impossible now.

Top Bottom