2022 Silly Season

What rides are going to be open that are better than where Brad is now?
Bowman is on a one-year extension in the 48, but unless he really ****s the bed (unlikely, IMO) I see no reason for him not to be renewed with HMS and Ally. After that, you’re looking at CGR maybe having the best remaining vacancy, depending on Kurt’s desires.

Denny Hamlin, Brad Keselowski, Martin Truex Jr., Matt DiBenedetto, Alex Bowman, Kurt Busch, Ryan Newman, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Austin Dillon are all set to reach free agency barring an extension before the start of the season.

23XI better learn the **** on their own. We've seen this movie play out with FRR and LFR. Theyll be out of business in 5 years if they don't become independent

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

23XI better learn the **** on their own. We've seen this movie play out with FRR and LFR. Theyll be out of business in 5 years if they don't become independent
In 5 years they might be prepared to do that.

Some uh ... preparation is necessary.

Hmmmmmm

Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos, but there aren't any new cars being added.

Instead, Buffett will buy Jordan and Denny out in '23 after JGR's increasing affiliation fees drive them into the ground

In '25, Bezos will pick what little Buffett has left.

Last edited:
eh, I call B.S. this always comes up when it is super speedway time. Everybody wants to have a Toyota franchise. Poor Yotas only have four, five cars. sniff sniff. Support the teams you have(had) and you wouldn't have a numbers problem. They have as many cars as they want, they could have more if they wanted them.

eh, I call B.S. this always comes up when it is super speedway time. Everybody wants to have a Toyota franchise. Poor Yotas only have four, five cars. sniff sniff. Support the teams you have(had) and you wouldn't have a numbers problem. They have as many cars as they want, they could have more if they wanted them.
I could not disagree with you more. This comes up at other occasions too, not just before the big tracks.

If I was looking to get in, I'd be talking to all 3 manufacturers.

But hey ... an opportunity to hate popped up. Gotta' hit it.

If I was looking to get in, I'd be talking to all 3 manufacturers.

But hey ... an opportunity to hate popped up. Gotta' hit it.
Burp. Wilson has slept since then..yeah right

Toyota plans to keep its Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series car count at five or more in 2019, according to Toyota Racing Development President David Wilson during an interview on “Tradin’ Paint” on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. The comment from Wilson came after the news that the No. 78 Furniture Row Racing team of reigning Cup Series champion Martin Truex Jr., a Toyota team, would shut down at the end of the 2018 season.

I'm still holding out for that Dodge reememergance we were promised just a few short years ago right here on RF.Com . I wonder what happened to that guy....@RobertJSublet

Bold prediction: Brad Keselowski follows in the footsteps of Kenseth and Edwards and joins Toyota in 2022.

What’s a charter worth in Bitcoin?

We could ask Elon.

Kurt Busch and Monster put up a video today that leaves me with mixed messages about his future in NASCAR, like 2021 is his unannounced final season.

"...put a stamp on it, I'm out" (6:45 on the video)

Well, when he announces it himself, I will then believe it.

Kurt still has plenty left in the tank, I think he will stay for another season or so and he wants to race in the Gen 7 car. At the same time, he's a married man and he seems happier than ever.

Whenever he does decide to, it will be a sad day for all of NASCAR. He's been a staple in the series for so long. Hell, it might be an contract extension.

after last nights debacle i truly believe brad needs a change of scenery... ideally i would like to see him in the 10 car so he can stay under the ford umbrella but i would also not mind him in the 24 or 48 hell even the 1.

or maybe one of these new "big name business teams" if you were building a team from scratch and had a chance to sign any of the the free agents you wanted you would have to think brad would be at the top of the list.

after last nights debacle i truly believe brad needs a change of scenery... ideally i would like to see him in the 10 car so he can stay under the ford umbrella but i would also not mind him in the 24 or 48 hell even the 1.

or maybe one of these new "big name business teams" if you were building a team from scratch and had a chance to sign any of the the free agents you wanted you would have to think brad would be at the top of the list.
Agreed. But Tony would never turn down the sponsorship money that Aric brings in. For some reason, I just can't see Kes going to Ganassi.

This thread is gonna try and retire Harvick arnt they?
I'm not saying I believe it will happen. But just IF it were to happen, Brad does have atleast a few more years left than Harvick most likely (of course you never know - just look at Carl Edwards).

He would be the perfect stop-gap solution for the next 3-5 years while SHR develops another driver and would be able to stay with Ford. After Briscoe they currently have no one else near ready at this point (Riley Herbst is far from it).

Damn, beat me to it.

On the last lap , with Bubba in 1st with Denny in second and closing fast on the back stretch, I wonder if Denny would dump Bubba for the win, or let Bubba win.... Just a random thought...
Dump him,
Would an owner wreck his own car?

Agreed. But Tony would never turn down the sponsorship money that Aric brings in. For some reason, I just can't see Kes going to Ganassi.

All it really comes down to does Smithfield like Aric or SHR more. We've seen it in the past when a driver brings a sponsor to an organization then the sponsor hangs around after the driver moves on.

I agree it a change might be good for Brad, but I think his options are very limited from what I see.

At this point in time I think Brad is like Kurt, give me a chance and a good pay check.

All it really comes down to does Smithfield like Aric or SHR more. We've seen it in the past when a driver brings a sponsor to an organization then the sponsor hangs around after the driver moves on.

I agree it a change might be good for Brad, but I think his options are very limited from what I see.
I have no idea why Smithfield has stuck with Aric so long. The guy has 2 wins in 14 years at the Cup level.

I'm not saying I believe it will happen. But just IF it were to happen, Brad does have atleast a few more years left than Harvick most likely (of course you never know - just look at Carl Edwards).

He would be the perfect stop-gap solution for the next 3-5 years while SHR develops another driver and would be able to stay with Ford. After Briscoe they currently have no one else near ready at this point (Riley Herbst is far from it).

Aw, gee, the racing experts at R-F were holding that spot for Keselowski
They’ll have to wait a bit longer....till after the 23 season and even after that Harv could stick around for some more fun. Facts are facts, he just signed an extension and will be here for the foreseeable future. Brad is gonna have to go somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom