2022 Silly Season

I think Noah's best shot is if JRM goes cup next season

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Definitely agree. My post was just considering current/known teams (Kaulig seems set with Haley when they move up).

I woulda thought they’d add more cars to the team after they figured out how to at least consistently finish in the top 15.

Bold move.
Maybe the reason for the second team is to add a driver capable of doing so. Denny did say he wanted a "good" driver. 🤷‍♂️

That'd be a huge pickup for 23XI if true! Kurt would help Bubba tremendously.
Personality wise I think Kurt and Bubba have a lot in common. He could be a great mentor for BW.
Are we forgetting that Bubba’s team owner is Denny Hamlin, who can offer more insight on running up front and winning races, especially in JGR equipment? Kurt has transformed into a great person and would probably make a great emotional coach, but he’s way passed his racing prime and clearly doesn’t have the competitive edge that Denny has with these current cars. If Bubba is going to win now, Hamlin is the go-to guy.

Are we forgetting that Bubba’s team owner is Denny Hamlin, who can offer more insight on running up front and winning races, especially in JGR equipment? Kurt has transformed into a great person and would probably make a great emotional coach, but he’s way passed his racing prime and clearly doesn’t have the competitive edge that Denny has with these current cars. If Bubba is going to win now, Hamlin is the go-to guy.

To be honest I’m just not that impressed with Bubba. He’s young, but I just don’t see it at the moment

To be honest I’m just not that impressed with Bubba. He’s young, but I just don’t see it at the moment
Are we allowed to say that?

I like the guy but there have been plenty of guys I liked despite them not running competitively. 23rd in the standings is an improvement over his last few seasons and it is still a new team, but we're 14 races in. He's behind Chastain, Reddick, and Bell - guys with less Cup experience. The team's average finish on 1.5ers is 30th.

For the record, I don't think his seat's in danger for next year.

I didn't figure Kurt would stick around next year. I figured they'd want John Hunter Nemecheck as another driver to build for the future around.

If Keselowski goes to Roush and Kurt to 23XI maybe Newman for a year at Ganassi? Idk it's silly season weird stuff will happen

But 2022 is possibly his last year.
I don't think so. DiBurrito and Bell also weren't running great in the first half of the season when they were driving for JGR-affiliate LFR.
Bubba should be good for the foreseeable future with all the sponsorship he has at this point.
The only thing he’s going to continue to accomplish is holding a wheel and being in the way. The Rocket Man lost his boosters a long time ago.
He isn't gonna set the world on fire but it'd be nice if he can stick around for a couple more years.

Maybe if Keselowski joins RFR Cindric goes to Penske and Matt can stay in the 21?

I think
The only thing he’s going to continue to accomplish is holding a wheel and being in the way. The Rocket Man lost his boosters a long time ago.
I wouldn't mind seeing Newman win another race but I thought it was pretty telling when he basically switched rides with Harvick. We all saw how that panned out .
He sure had it going on for a little while at Penske though

Huh. I meant to post this on the 600 discussion. Goes to show how tired I was.
After watching 1,100 miles of racing yesterday you had a good reason to be tired. I was too, so I went to bed by 11.00 pm and when I go to bed that early I'm guaranteed to wake up around 2.00 or 2.30 am. Sure enough I was watching tv again from 2.30 until 6.00 am... and then I took a nap until 9.30 am. Now I'm ready for a brunch. :)

Could Denny be going over to the 23XL team and they rush up the young Gibbs next year or the year after?

and who would they get if Denny Bailed to the 23XL then? Young Harrison, or Jones, Hemric?
Well, Kurt was being discussed for a second 23XI car. Why not for the 11? A one- or two-year deal to let Ty run a couple of full X seasons and complete puberty.

Last edited:
DBC mentioned a rumor of Zane Smith to Ganassi

You would think JHN has to be on radar for a couple teams. Problem is TRD is kinda heavy on development drivers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd say he's been solid but consistently runs right around 20th each week, give or take a few spots. He's done a good job of avoiding trouble for the most part but I'll also say that they seem to take some gimmicky gambles with pit strategy. Sometimes that pays off, like at Dover but usually doesn't

What driver brought through the JGR/Toy development has lasted?
As far back as I can remember, only Denny has stayed the course.
Every other driver has moved on and some of them to become champions.

What driver brought through the JGR/Toy development has lasted?
As far back as I can remember, only Denny has stayed the course.
Every other driver has moved on and some of them to become champions.
That's actually a really good point. Logano and Erik Jones got the boot. Larson was with TRD earlier in his career and then moved on, that was a big missed opportunity for them. We'll see about Bell. But yeah, they don't really see the fruits of their labor stick around in the Cup series much. I know they've said that they're cool with it because they still want to develop drivers just to help the sport in general but still.

That's actually a really good point. Logano and Erik Jones got the boot. Larson was with TRD earlier in his career and then moved on, that was a big missed opportunity for them. We'll see about Bell. But yeah, they don't really see the fruits of their labor stick around in the Cup series much. I know they've said that they're cool with it because they still want to develop drivers just to help the sport in general but still.
Byron, Gragson, Deegan, Gilliland off hand. There have been quite a few.

Any thoughts on who Tyler Reddick will be driving for next year. I know the Penske organization will have some shuffling going on. I would love to see him go to SHR, they need something to pick them up.

Any thoughts on who Tyler Reddick will be driving for next year. I know the Penske organization will have some shuffling going on. I would love to see him go to SHR, they need something to pick them up.
I think something is happening with Reddick. This week RCR made Tyler take down some old tweets where he called out Trump. Richard and Austin are big time pro-Trump but previously nobody cared about Tyler's opinions. Now all the sudden for some reason they're micromanaging him like that. So maybe that's vindictive if they found out he's leaving? And even if Tyler didn't sign elsewhere yet I can't imagine being happy in a team culture where you feel you can't openly be yourself and must conform that hard. Tyler has proven he's a heck of a shoe and should have other opportunities if he wants them. I hope he lands at SHR too.

Of note is that allegedly the reason why Ty Dillon doesn't drive for RCR is for similar reasons. That he and the rest of the family have opposing political views and that Ty became the odd one out and doesn't really want much to do with Richard.

Now, the question is IF Reddick really is to leave the 8 car then who takes over that ride? I think Stenhouse would be a good fit.

I think something is happening with Reddick. This week RCR made Tyler take down some old tweets where he called out Trump. Richard and Austin are big time pro-Trump but previously nobody cared about Tyler's opinions. Now all the sudden for some reason they're micromanaging him like that. So maybe that's vindictive if they found out he's leaving? And even if Tyler didn't sign elsewhere yet I can't imagine being happy in a team culture where you feel you can't openly be yourself and must conform that hard. Tyler has proven he's a heck of a shoe and should have other opportunities if he wants them. I hope he lands at SHR too.

Of note is that allegedly the reason why Ty Dillon doesn't drive for RCR is for similar reasons. That he and the rest of the family have opposing political views and that Ty became the odd one out and doesn't really want much to do with Richard.

Now, the question is IF Reddick really is to leave the 8 car then who takes over that ride? I think Stenhouse would be a good fit.
SHR could use a talent like Reddick, that's for sure. He'd be a big upgrade over Almirola.

This is significantly good news, always enjoy a new team having a go at it. Tantalizing possibilities for drivers. Sounds like they will have one full time car, then a partimer for AJ. I’d make a run at Kurt Busch to help build the team up, but from sounds of it here most have him as the second MJ/Denny Car. I’d say this would be a nice landing spot for Newman if Brad takes over the 6. A veteran driver and winner with also a history of helping launch new teams.

Back
Top Bottom