2022 Silly Season

Caught part of an interview with Roger Penske on SXM. I found it interesting that he said they haven't make any decisions for the upcoming season as far as the Xfinity series goes. Explained that the Xfinity car was always a stepping stone to cup, however now that the cars are so drastically different they're reevaluating their process to see if there's something else that could better prepare young drivers for cup.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Caught part of an interview with Roger Penske on SXM. I found it interesting that he said they haven't make any decisions for the upcoming season as far as the Xfinity series goes. Explained that the Xfinity car was always a stepping stone to cup, however now that the cars are so drastically different they're reevaluating their process to see if there's something else that could better prepare young drivers for cup.

Its gonna take maybe a year or two for the cup guys to work the bugs out then the Xfinity series will be moving to that car

Just caught an interview with Rick Ware from last week. He said they're committed to running 2 full time teams next season. I guess the Petty/Ware charter, which was the 51 last season will be leased out. I guess I'm not aware of who will get that? And basically said the 4th one will be on the market (sale or lease).

Is GMS planning on running as an open car?

Just caught an interview with Rick Ware from last week. He said they're committed to running 2 full time teams next season. I guess the Petty/Ware charter, which was the 51 last season will be leased out. I guess I'm not aware of who will get that? And basically said the 4th one will be on the market (sale or lease).

Is GMS planning on running as an open car?

Spire Motorsports #77 will be buying or leasing a RWR charter & GMS will most likely be buying or leasing the other.

Todd Gilliland is not ready for a Cup ride.
New car evens out the playing field.

Also, with Todd being promoted to Cup. I think he's going to be in the 38 for more than one season as well.

Just like JHN and Alfredo, I'm not sure of the move. However, I like seeing guys and gals grow into their new roles.

My early pick for Crash Stats 2022 leader

Gilliland did a hell of a job in the trucks with a truck that wasn't a front runner. I think he is a driver like McDowell and he will get what he can with the car and keep it clean..that's about all that Front Row is looking for.

Bob Pockrass says contracts are "multi-year" deals for Gilliland and Z. Smith:

I hope Ford keeps Zane in the family long-term, I love his potential.

I think it is a smart move by Front Row. I don't think they had to pay big bucks for either driver, and both Truck drivers have potential. I'm going to miss those guys in the Truck series though

I think it is a smart move by Front Row. I don't think they had to pay big bucks for either driver, and both Truck drivers have potential. I'm going to miss those guys in the Truck series though
Edit - Zane Smith moves from GMS to Front Row in the Truck series

So Andrew Murstein & Medallion sold its share? At least Allegiant Airlines has quite a bit of money.

Holy ****, no wonder Murstein pulled out. He will owe Petty over seven million dollars. Also, the team according to SEC reports Pockcrass pulled up about RPM and Medallion:

Petty was making $700,000 just showing his face at the track. Not to mention, the team lost 2.1 million this year... So, those charters had to be sold.

So is this the end of the Petty name on a team or will they be like Gallagher Petty or something like that

How so? I think Richard is getting too tired to keep this up.
RPM may not have had much, but STP. Also the Air Force are reasons why they continue to support the organization because of him.

It's a business and Murstein left Petty a small portion of the team. He was going to get paid reguardless because of a trust Petty and Murstein agreed on.

I'm not mad at the man for pressing on with the business aspect. He loves this sport and has been apart of it longer than any of us, still he has to make money to support himself.

RPM may not have had much, but STP. Also the Air Force are reasons why they continue to support the organization because of him.

It's a business and Murstein left Petty a small portion of the team. He was going to get paid reguardless because of a trust Petty and Murstein agreed on.

I'm not mad at the man for pressing on with the business aspect. He loves this sport and has been apart of it longer than any of us, still he has to make money to support himself.
I think Richard is setup pretty well for the rest of his life and I dont have a problem with Gallager using his name but he doesnt have too other than a courtesy to Petty but I wouldnt pay him 700 grand a year for it

I think Richard is setup pretty well for the rest of his life and I dont have a problem with Gallager using his name but he doesnt have too other than a courtesy to Petty but I wouldnt pay him 700 grand a year for it
If a team is using my name to market, I would not be doing it for free either.

I mean if my last name was as synonymous as Petty's. GMS had troubles filling truck sponsorship the last few years, I would certainly keep Petty involved in some form or fashion.

That's JMO though.

Back
Top Bottom