2022 Silly Season

I didn't know where to put this, no way I know what it is about. Maybe somebody from that neck of the woods will know something

I didn't know where to put this, no way I know what it is about. Maybe somebody from that neck of the woods will know something

They can't be going dirt they have an already announced ACT race in April.

I figured it out I think, NHMS has a dirt track I didn't know existed. I thought the walls and catch fence looked wrong.

NHMS had the dirt track in 2019. I was there for an hour before leaving back to Boston but the place was actually VERY crowded without any elevated grandstands unfortunately.

There isn't enough information out there to answer all these questions about GMS and The King. It won't be long until the details come out, but they aren't out yet. I'd advise patience rather than speculation.

I believe Medallion Bank, which is controlled by Andrew Murstein, is the primary owner of Richard Petty Mptorsports. This is why RPM appears embedded in the Medallion financials. The King has a minority ownership, but is it just that debt or is it also shares? We don't know.

Also, we don't know if the sale is a stock sale of RPM as a going concern, or is RPM being liquidated and the assets sold to GMS? The announcements don't say, yet. I gather there will be a press conference next week on Tuesday to answer all of it.

I'm optimistic this will amount to good news for Erik Jones, but waiting for confirmation from GMS on their plans.

I am happy for Richard. Now he can enjoy having a little less pressure. His
and Bill France Jr. are my most memorable handshakes ever. Don Garlits is a close 3rd.

There isn't enough information out there to answer all these questions about GMS and The King. It won't be long until the details come out, but they aren't out yet. I'd advise patience rather than speculation.

I believe Medallion Bank, which is controlled by Andrew Murstein, is the primary owner of Richard Petty Mptorsports. This is why RPM appears embedded in the Medallion financials. The King has a minority ownership, but is it just that debt or is it also shares? We don't know.

Also, we don't know if the sale is a stock sale of RPM as a going concern, or is RPM being liquidated and the assets sold to GMS? The announcements don't say, yet. I gather there will be a press conference next week on Tuesday to answer all of it.

I'm optimistic this will amount to good news for Erik Jones, but waiting for confirmation from GMS on their plans.

I think he is ready. He has competed in trucks full-time for four years and he was constantly among the fastest trucks last season.
Alfredo was nowhere near ready for Cup.
Ain't it the truth. Hmmm let's see, do we put Alfredo or Gilliland in the car for next year. Alfredo, go get you a pizza, start a restaurant, something.

Bob Pockrass provides an overview of the Medallion / Petty / GMS situation. It appears that the Richard Petty Motorsports branding will continue for the Erik Jones car, and maybe for the Ty Dillon car as well. The King continues to have a financial interest in the team, mostly in the form of debt rather than shareholding. GMS is responsible for the debt now, not Medallion.

Bottom line... GMS gets two charters for ~$27.1 million (#19.1 million cash plus $8 million assumed debt).

The thing I don't get about Denny paying 13.5 Million is it appears that RWR is going to be leasing or selling their 3rd charter for the 2022 season. I mean seriously between that and the StarCom one that's all the lower he could get them guys? How much does RWR want for theirs?

The thing I don't get about Denny paying 13.5 Million is it appears that RWR is going to be leasing or selling their 3rd charter for the 2022 season. I mean seriously between that and the StarCom one that's all the lower he could get them guys? How much does RWR want for theirs?
Hambone said he wasn't going to pay more then 10 mil.. uh, but, I mean

"Voyager may also evaluate other prospective deals in the NASCAR space, per company CEO...."

For years and years, motorsports lived on tobacco money with impunity. Then came energy drinks, while naysayers tried to tell us the stuff would kill us all, and how shortsighted it was to rely upon this source of funding.

And now I'm getting a similar vibe about crypto currencies and crypto trading platforms, which are popping up everywhere with lots of money to spend on promotion. I don't know jacksh!t about crypto... perhaps it's time I learned.. :idunno:

Cassill, Hemric, and Allmendinger on the same team?

Cassill has been scraping by for years, it would be pretty cool to see him get a chance in a winning car. I will admit, after his time at FRM, I thought that was the end of him. His tenure there was not great at all, but this would easily be the best car he's had since his JRM development days.

"Voyager may also evaluate other prospective deals in the NASCAR space, per company CEO...."

For years and years, motorsports lived on tobacco money with impunity. Then came energy drinks, while naysayers tried to tell us the stuff would kill us all, and how shortsighted it was to rely upon this source of funding.

And now I'm getting a similar vibe about crypto currencies and crypto trading platforms, which are popping up everywhere with lots of money to spend on promotion. I don't know jacksh!t about crypto... perhaps it's time I learned.. :idunno:
I'm still convinced it's some sort of CIA thing

Hooters sponsoring Elliott for three more years thru 2024 is pretty impressive. I wonder how much they had to pay for the 3 big money races. The first race at WWT raceway and the others in the playoffs.

In 2022, the No. 9 Hooters Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 will appear June 5 at World Wide Technology Raceway and in the NASCAR Cup Series playoff races at Bristol Motor Speedway on Sept. 17 and Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Oct. 16.

Back
Top Bottom