2022 Silly Season

Ryan Preece signs on as a reserve driver for SHR:

Limited runnings in the Cup (2), Xfinity (3), and Truck series (7). He will be there Sim driver as well. Good pickup for the team.

Reminds me a bit of what HMS did with Bowman. Got him into the HMS system, was a test/reserve driver and then slid into a ride when the time was right. Hopefully the same happens for Ryan when the time is right at SHR

Limited runnings in the Cup (2), Xfinity (3), and Truck series (7). He will be there Sim driver as well. Good pickup for the team.

Great contract for him, seems Harvick/KHI were looking out for him again. Being fully immersed within the team will be good for him and if he performs well SHR can slot him in a seat within a couple of years.

Reminds me a bit of what HMS did with Bowman. Got him into the HMS system, was a test/reserve driver and then slid into a ride when the time was right. Hopefully the same happens for Ryan when the time is right at SHR
Never know with the age of Harvick and Almirola's sponsorship situation on a year to year basis.

Good long-term opportunity for Preece. IMHO, its crazy that DGR did not sign him as a full-time driver for that team. He'll be back in Cup after while.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

It's tough not to be excited when you have an aging Harvick and a mediocre Almirola on the team. I hope this was Tony and Kevin's call....true racers supporting another true racer! Ryan is going to kill it in this equipment and prove he can be competitive/adaptive in a wide variety of equipment. I truly believe he will be able to elevate the team with his wide background and knowledge of car setup.

Here's his schedule-

Preece’s two Cup Series races will be May 1 at Dover (Del.) Motor Speedway and May 29 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway. His three Xfinity Series races will be April 2 at Richmond (Va.) Raceway, May 28 at Charlotte and June 25 at Nashville (Tenn.) Superspeedway. His seven Truck Series races will be March 4 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, March 19 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, May 6 at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway, May 20 at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, June 24 at Nashville, July 23 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway and Sept. 9 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City.

His seven Truck Series races will be March 4 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, March 19 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, May 6 at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway, May 20 at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, June 24 at Nashville, July 23 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway and Sept. 9 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City.
Should he win, I doubt SHR will ask for a playoff exemption. If he wins later than Vegas or Atlanta, I doubt NASCAR would grant one if asked.

Who's providing the Truck ride? Is SHR going to build one?

Both Timothy Peters and Josh Berry couldn't make that truck competitive so good luck

Both Timothy Peters and Josh Berry couldn't make that truck competitive so good luck
Berry had some pretty good runs in the truck.

He's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way as of late, however I wish him the best and hope he does well in the ride.

The SHR deal must mean Preece is in line to replace Harvick.

Think Harvick recently said he's waiting to see how the TV contracts play out before he makes any decisions about retirement. So he's clearly eyeing the broadcast booth and probably doesn't want to sign a contract with Fox or NBC if one of them loses broadcast rights to ESPN which is probably going to happen.

Welp as the say, it is root hog or die time for Preece. He had better do well with this bunch. Good luck

What I found so odd when they had Matty D on Sirius is they he kept making the point of say they called him to drive. But also said that he likes the team because it's self sponsored. Kinda reading between the lines seemed like didn't have much sponsorship interest otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

What I found so odd when they had Matty D on Sirius is they he kept making the point of say they called him to drive. But also said that he likes the team because it's self sponsored. Kinda reading between the lines seemed like didn't have much sponsorship interest otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
If you are running two or three year old or more re - skinned chassis, it's fairly cheap to run the trucks

I'd like to see him run full-time but Preece is probably in the pipeline for an SHR Cup ride now. I think this is a good deal for him.
Which team will he be driving for in the two Cup races? SHR has four full-time teams.

Too much unsprung weight. I can see a problem with forward bite
1641672545824.png

I wasn’t aware of his existence.

I expect to remain ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom