2023 Chili bowl

So, the big guns champion the grassroots racing community, but don't like the way it is run--so are they promoting it or not? Who gets hurt when Larson et al. give the finger to one of the biggest races of the year? Fans. I am genuinely confused, but that's nothing new--particularly on this subject.
It's not for the grass roots community. Surely you aren't so naive to think with over 350 entries some low buck team has a chance at winning the Chili Bowl? Kuntz brings 6 cars at least all with blue chip drivers including Bell, Probably Kofoid, Rico, etc. Andy has a point, Larson might get something done, but with everything sold out but standing room only in the pits, who knows.

It's not for the grass roots community. Surely you aren't so naive to think with over 350 entries some low buck team has a chance at winning the Chili Bowl? Kuntz brings 6 cars at least all with blue chip drivers including Bell, Probably Kofoid, Rico, etc. Andy has a point, Larson might get something done, but with everything sold out but standing room only in the pits, who knows.
Then, what is Larson's point? He doesn't need the money. Would a driver skip the Indy 500 if the purse was insufficient? I just don't get why he is skipping a race he loves because of a purse.

Then, what is Larson's point? He doesn't need the money. Would a driver skip the Indy 500 if the purse was insufficient? I just don't get why he is skipping a race he loves because of a purse.
On that point we agree. Larson is heavily favored to win the thing which makes is even more strange. He or Bell. And they both are grousing about the pay and both are plenty flush. It is yet to be known if both of them decide to go somewhere else what difference it will make. I personally don't think much. There are plenty of bad asses besides those two. The place is already sold out and there is usually a waiting line. I will be surprised if suddenly the purse increases.

I don't know...seems weird.....teary win of his life, and then, naw, I"ll make a statement here....
The hypocrisy is awfully deep here. The driver... I should say, the famously non-Toyota driver... feels he's getting used without fair recompense. He has the balls to take a stand. And @Revman is on him like stink on sh!t. LMAO.

You're such a poor boy Rev... might have a Chile Bowl without some top shoes in attendance... those drivers should spend their time and resources working for peanuts so some cigar-smoking promoter can bank extra millions... just because that's the way it was in the past. Sheesh, what a hypocrite.

So, the big guns champion the grassroots racing community, but don't like the way it is run--so are they promoting it or not? Who gets hurt when Larson et al. give the finger to one of the biggest races of the year? Fans. I am genuinely confused, but that's nothing new--particularly on this subject.
In the case of Martinsville, nobody liked how it was run. But it took a big gun to bring about change.

The hypocrisy is awfully deep here. The driver... I should say, the famously non-Toyota driver... feels he's getting used without fair recompense. He has the balls to take a stand. And @Revman is on him like stink on sh!t. LMAO.

You're such a poor boy Rev... might have a Chile Bowl without some top shoes in attendance... those drivers should spend their time and resources working for peanuts so some cigar-smoking promoter can bank extra millions... just because that's the way it was in the past. Sheesh, what a hypocrite.
Bell is non-committal as well. I have the same question there. Feel better? Why waste your time chasing me with this stuff? Silly. Lonely.

In the case of Martinsville, nobody liked how it was run. But it took a big gun to bring about change.
Larson is an interesting guy....Didn't he bitch about souvenir revenue a few years ago? Seemed to take pride in hawking his own stuff with the fam & made more than Cup sales....like he needed more revenue....and now wants more money to race in a grassroots event? I thought that the Golden Driller was enough for anybody to race in that event if they had the means to do so. I get what is just and needs to change, but is taking one of the sport's biggest names out of the event the way to do it? For all of the composure that Larson projects, sometimes he seems lost.....

i just dont understand why a event this big doesnt have event sponsors waiting in line, maybe someone is just not doing their job.theres 1500 mico midgets the week before and about 325 midget for the race. and its on tv,:idunno:

1665142238919.png

1665142287846.png

We got an interested Outlaw

Screenshot_20221119-174005_Facebook.jpg

Specifically, the R1i Outlaw: Part #R51-024 by EFI Technology. Anyone caught using this specific programable ignition system will be disqualified. The top three each night will be checked.

"We want the best driver to win. Not the driver with the best traction control, and seeing as this part has already been addressed in Midget competition outside the Chili Bowl, we will stand that it cannot be used as well," explained Chili Bowl Director, Matt Ward.

Back
Top Bottom