2023 Chili bowl

That was a brutal night for drivers. A whole lot of talent lumped together and so many had bad starting positions that they weren't going to run by a wad of them on their way to the front. They were all too good for that.

I hope they take a look at the car and figure out what happened

Some drivers suggesting his arm restraints caused the buckle to unlatch.
Interesting I know when I was watching the Shootout the announcers were having a discussion about the actual safety benefits of the arm restraints and if they were worth it.

Quick video, you'll get the idea. That was nasty.

glad Austin is moving around. Racing is exciting and dangerous - but wonder if the cars could be improved?

1673548265893.png

Tanner Thorson last year's winner tonight along with Bowman's team C.J. Leary, Emerson Axsom, Tanner Carrick

My guys the Buckwalters going tonight usually run strong. Also interested to see how Jacob Allen does.

My guys the Buckwalters going tonight usually run strong. Also interested to see how Jacob Allen does.
Pretty good story. Cruz Pendregon tweets he bought a midget...then another..then he tweets he is looking for drivers. He got a good one with Jacob Allen. Cool to see a drag racing great that caught the Chili Bowl bug lol.

This is Ashton Torgerson ... interviewed prior to last night’s A Main.

Ashtons dad gives update:

Oops- video didnt stick.
It was a good report. Will be released today sometime.
Has a 2 week recovery in front of him before he can race again.

Flo down again her in Raleigh NC. Home page won't load.

Edit: seems to be a correlation with posting here. Of course it came up soon as I posted.

For a veteran of USAC competition at all levels, Shane Cockrum was an absolute disaster in that #7 car. Wadded up half the field in that last B-Main due to multiple screwups.

Yeah Leary never had a chance. He had no luck from the start of the day. Oh well, he will be in one of the first races on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom