2023 IndyCar News / Misc.

This one’s pretty surprising. She hasn’t made an Indy start in a decade.

Could be wrong but I think this is 32 entries for the 500 now.

IMHO, she has a LOT of unfinished business in IndyCar after that Dragon Racing debacle.

She was shafted, I hope she does well and maybe even get the funds to try to get a full-time ride in the future. Katherine has never been short of talent and pace, I hope she excels in this start.

Certainly didn't expect to see her in the 500. DRR had announced they would field two entries at the 500 so this should bring us to 33. Hoping for one or two more.
Carpenter and Foyt have work to do. However, Canapino's pace for no open-wheel expereince is impressive to start:

Ngl, this is extremely impressive. I expected him to be further off than JJ was two years ago.

No more double points for the 500.
Not a fan of this move, it's not just the fact that the Indy 500 has such a lot of prestige to it, it also goes over a much longer distance than all other races.

No more double points for the 500.
Not a fan of this move, it's not just the fact that the Indy 500 has such a lot of prestige to it, it also goes over a much longer distance than all other races.
Surprise move but I’ve wanted them to do this pretty much since they first implemented it. The 500 is already more prestigious and pays better than the rest of the races and the championship combined, it doesn’t need to have a disproportionate effect on the title. Borg-Warner or bust.

Certainly didn't expect to see her in the 500. DRR had announced they would field two entries at the 500 so this should bring us to 33. Hoping for one or two more.

Ngl, this is extremely impressive. I expected him to be further off than JJ was two years ago.
Canapino beat Jose Maria Lopez on merit in that Argentinian Touring Car Series on many occasions.

So, maybe just maybe... Maybe he could be a diamond in the rough, you never know.

Canapino beat Jose Maria Lopez on merit in that Argentinian Touring Car Series on many occasions.

So, maybe just maybe... Maybe he could be a diamond in the rough, you never know.
As far as domestic Argentinian competition goes he’s the biggest name they have. I hope he’s successful because it could pay big dividends if he does. Touring cars to open wheel is such a touch transition but if he can get a couple of seasons under his belt like Scottie he could be looking quite nice.

If TC2000 races somewhat like Stock Car Brasil (which I assume) then it was a big jump from that series to IndyCar.
When they announced Agustin would join IndyCar I thought Juncos just wanted a random Argentinian guy in his team but the test result clearly shows that he has potential.

Surprise move but I’ve wanted them to do this pretty much since they first implemented it. The 500 is already more prestigious and pays better than the rest of the races and the championship combined, it doesn’t need to have a disproportionate effect on the title. Borg-Warner or bust.
500 miles is more than twice the distance of most other IndyCar races so I always thought double-points was fair. Doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day, I'll watch anyway.

Pretty ridiculous the 500 isn’t a double points race.

Also I think not having 35-37 cars for bump day is unacceptable as a product. But w/e still the best race in the world probably now.

A couple of smaller tests at Sebring this week, with Felipe Nasr and Nick Cassidy doing “rookie” evals with Penske and CGR.

Romain Grosjean, No. 28 Andretti Autosport Honda 52.059s
Kyle Kirkwood, No. 27 Andretti Autosport Honda 52.089s
Callum Ilott No. 77, Juncos Hollinger Racing Chevy 52.137s
Marcus Armstrong, No. 11 Chip Ganassi Racing Honda 52.217s
Devlin DeFrancesco, No. 29 Andretti Autosport Honda 52.253s
Conor Daly, No. 21 Ed Carpenter Racing Chevy 52.271s
Colton Herta, No. 26 Andretti Autosport Honda 52.297s
Rinus VeeKay, No. 20 Ed Carpenter Racing Chevy 52.314s
Agustin Canapino, No. 78 Juncos Hollinger Racing 52.730s

Pato O’Ward, No. 5 Arrow McLaren Chevrolet: 51.882s
Alexander Rossi, No. 7 Arrow McLaren Chevrolet: 52.134s
Felix Rosenqvist, No. 6 Arrow McLaren Chevrolet: 52.236s
Felipe Nasr, No. 2 Team Penske Chevrolet: 52.239s
Santino Ferrucci, No. 14 A.J. Foyt Racing Chevrolet: 52.359s
Nick Cassidy, No. 10 Chip Ganassi Racing Honda: 52.518s
Benjamin Pedersen, No. 55 A.J. Foyt Racing Chevrolet: 52.539s

"So good, in fact, that Ganassi may use the driver slated to only drive the road and street races in the No. 11 Honda in 2023 in an oval race. As the owner clarified Friday, two-time 500 winner Takuma Sato is only on the books to drive Texas and the 500, with the rest of the car’s oval races to be determined."

That's unfortunate, I'm sure Takuma would be a factor at Gateway and Iowa.

So is Sato in a Ganassi car for the 500 or not? I've read he both in and out, so I don't know what to believe. I'de sure love to see what he could do in one of Chip's cars.

Gateway has been maybe his best track outside of Indy recently, hope they manage to give him a ride there too.

Pretty ridiculous the 500 isn’t a double points race.

Also I think not having 35-37 cars for bump day is unacceptable as a product. But w/e still the best race in the world probably now.
I think by the time May comes around they should have a lot of extra cars. They usually add a few right at race trials anyway. So they should have a few extra. That does make it more exciting to have several extra cars trying to make the field. And don't forget, Marco will be in the field.

Really happy about the news that Ryan Hunter-Reay is in the field in a car capable of contending. I'm not necessarily a fan of his per se but having another former winner in the field is a net positive.
Yeah. That was a shame he got bumped out and lost his ride and has been out for so long. I felt he had a lot left to give- being knocked out completely and not having a ride. So good luck to him.

Linus Lundqvist will test with RLL at Texas the day after the race. Bobby Rahal told Swedish TV he’s looking to get Linus into a car for a few races this season. Could be a use of his scholarship money.

This is embarrassing. Playing out just as everyone else expected.

Too bad. This could've promoted Indycar racing even further than the real thing.

I remember when I was heavy into the Papyrus Indycar and NASCAR games but been out of it for quite some time now.

Watch Indycar re-up with iRacing after Motorsports Games winds up in breach of contract and we just go back in time about 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom