2025 schedule news/rumors

1724776500080.png

Disappointed that the Peraltada is gone but I guess that would require extensive rework at this point in time, meaning SAFER, etc. Glad they didn’t stick a chicane smack in the middle of the long main straight as was rumored though. Should be a huge and lively crowd on hand for this one.

I would be very surprised to see cup cars racing in Fontana or Joliet ever again.
I dont think its beyond reason to think they could race at Joliet again, with the news yesterday of NASCAR talking to other markets for a street race and next year's Chicago street course in the last year of it's contract.... maybe stranger things will happen. The honchos at NASCAR have said how important the Chicago market it is to them, so we'll see.

Huh I had to look it up, bur they've changed the track layout since Xfinity went there back in the 2000s
They modified it extensively when F1 returned in 2015. Not as badass as it used to be, but still an interesting technical challenge…would imagine it’s by far the highest elevation on the circuit now as well.

I dont think its beyond reason to think they could race at Joliet again, with the news yesterday of NASCAR talking to other markets for a street race and next year's Chicago street course in the last year of it's contract.... maybe stranger things will happen. The honchos at NASCAR have said how important the Chicago market it is to them, so we'll see.

I never thought that Atlanta & Darlington would get their second dates restored but they did so you can never say never. I never thought I would see cup cars at Iowa or a Chicago street race either but we sure did. I would much rather see a race from Joliet than several other tracks on the circuit.

I never thought that Atlanta & Darlington would get their second dates restored but they did so you can never say never. I never thought I would see cup cars at Iowa or a Chicago street race either but we sure did. I would much rather see a race from Joliet than several other tracks on the circuit.
Or racing at North Wilkesboro. I've always said if the track is still standing, there's always a chance.

I'm sorry. I'm just not excited about Mexico when there's cool tracks or markets that can be explored here. I hope the atmosphere at the race in Mexico City more than makes up for my dour attitude on the upcoming proceedings. Also hate to lose an oval for yet another road course.

I'm sorry. I'm just not excited about Mexico when there's cool tracks or markets that can be explored here. I hope the atmosphere at the race in Mexico City more than makes up for my dour attitude on the upcoming proceedings. Also hate to lose an oval for yet another road course.
It's a good idea because they're really the only major sports league in the US that has no interest outside our own borders. Baseball, Basketball, Golf and Hockey all have serious international competitions between countries. The NFL is playing numerous games overseas and growing quite a bit there. NASCAR is an awesome racing series, it would do well to earn global appeal.

Nope, Kennedy said it will be the longest straight in Nascar.
Thank God. Stock cars need to flow, I'm tired of these ridiculous courses with chicanes all over. There's a reason Watkins Glen is must see TV

Sheeple!

Both of the exotic and temporary road race circuts are just movie sets and props located at a former airport near the Charlotte area (at least for the Nascar productions).

Eventually, they will replicate the NASA Moon scam and do an event there, thats the end game. Cause they ain't no taxes on something that aint.

I would be very surprised to see cup cars racing in Fontana or Joliet ever again.

I'd bet the farm on NASCAR returning to Chicagoland Speedway. Those street races do generate new fans, and they're probably already banking on those fans making the trip to Joliet.

IIRC, there was a noticeable uptick in attendance at Auto Club Speedway after the races in Los Angeles.

Sheeple!

Both of the exotic and temporary road race circuits are just movie sets and props located at a former airport near the Charlotte area (at least for the Nascar productions).

Eventually, they will replicate the NASA Moon scam and do an event there, that's the end game. Cause they ain't no taxes on something that ain't.

Hey, that "NASA Moon scam" was the real deal.

If only they had taken a second lunar rover . . .

Sheeple!

Both of the exotic and temporary road race circuts are just movie sets and props located at a former airport near the Charlotte area (at least for the Nascar productions).

Eventually, they will replicate the NASA Moon scam and do an event there, thats the end game. Cause they ain't no taxes on something that aint.
That reminds me, I haven't seen 'Capricorn One' in a while...

One thing I'm worried about is that they seem to be giving everything to Amazon and WB Discovery right now.

I'm not against the streaming side at all, but giving the streaming companies everything new and exciting certainly runs the risk of alienating older fans. Especially at a time when people are cutting back on expenses, especially subscriptions.

I'm not against the streaming side at all, but giving the streaming companies everything new and exciting certainly runs the risk of alienating older fans. Especially at a time when people are cutting back on expenses, especially subscriptions.
Speaking as one older fan (65), I don't miss what I never had. I'm aware of podcasts, social media outlets, streaming, and other content and information sources that have developed since I became a fan in '95. I skew the older fan curve because my career in IT makes learning these easier but if I see a source I'm unfamiliar with, there are usually on-line resources available to explain them to me. Frankly, there's already more content than I'm interested in consuming.

But what do I know? I'm still delighted just to get live flag-to-flag coverage of all races instead of only 90 edited minutes of a handful on Wide World. I don't miss the days of local pre-emption and 'Joined in progress'. To me, anything beyond the on-track action is almost superfluous.

Speaking as one older fan (65), I don't miss what I never had. I'm aware of podcasts, social media outlets, streaming, and other content and information sources that have developed since I became a fan in '95. I skew the older fan curve because my career in IT makes learning these easier but if I see a source I'm unfamiliar with, there are usually on-line resources available to explain them to me. Frankly, there's already more content than I'm interested in consuming.

But what do I know? I'm still delighted just to get live flag-to-flag coverage of all races instead of only 90 edited minutes of a handful on Wide World. I don't miss the days of local pre-emption and 'Joined in progress'. To me, anything beyond the on-track action is almost superfluous.
Yeah, I remember those days when you see the last 100 miles of the Daytona 500 or the Atlanta 500. I don't miss those at all.

One thing I'm worried about is that they seem to be giving everything to Amazon and WB Discovery right now.

Amazon and WBD probably paid a disproportionate amount of money for the amount of content they get, so they get a relatively heavier diet of big events.

Looks like TNT is getting both Chicago and Indianapolis in addition to the previously-announced Atlanta night race.

Can someone just copy it so we don't have to sign up.

Can someone just copy it so we don't have to sign up.
Expected 2025 NASCAR Cup Series schedule
2025 dateRace location
Feb. 2Bowman Gray Stadium (Clash)
Feb. 16Daytona
Feb. 23Atlanta
March 2Austin
March 9Phoenix
March 16Las Vegas
March 23Homestead
March 30Martinsville
April 6Darlington
April 13Bristol
April 27Talladega
May 4Texas
May 11Kansas
May 18North Wilkesboro (All-Star)
May 25Charlotte
June 1Nashville
June 8Michigan
June 15Mexico City
June 22Pocono
June 28Atlanta
July 6Chicago Street Race
July 13Sonoma
July 20Dover
July 27Indianapolis
Aug. 3Iowa
Aug. 10Watkins Glen
Aug. 16Richmond
Aug. 23Daytona
Aug. 31Darlington
Sept. 7Gateway
Sept. 13Bristol
Sept. 21New Hampshire
Sept. 28Kansas
Oct. 5Charlotte (Roval)
Oct. 12Las Vegas
Oct. 19Talladega
Oct. 26Martinsville
Nov. 2Phoenix

I never thought I'd see Richmond lose a date. I remember when they were the cutoff race before The Chase in the first few years that system was introduced, there was nothing like it in terms of excitement. In the mid 90's to early 2000's a case could be made it rivaled Bristol in popularity. Sad times indeed.

I never thought I'd see Richmond lose a date. I remember when they were the cutoff race before The Chase in the first few years that system was introduced, there was nothing like it in terms of excitement. In the mid 90's to early 2000's a case could be made it rivaled Bristol in popularity. Sad times indeed.
Im happy they kept it a Saturday night race. I can't wait to be there... its gonna be JAMMED full with only 1 date.

I realize the change was temporary and due to the Olympics, but I'm disappointed to see the Daytona crapshoot back as the cutoff race.

Im happy they kept it a Saturday night race. I can't wait to be there... its gonna be JAMMED full with only 1 date.
hopefully. I'd love to go to a race there, I've always found it to be a bad @ss place.

Prime the 600 and Mexico, TNT Chicago and Indy, NBC Southern 500 and title race

The racing there hasn't been all the good and the fans have responded by not going.

The racing there hasn't been all the good and the fans have responded by not going.
I thought they were going in the right direction with this year's races in terms of action on the track. Still think it might be the car more than the track itself but the racing on road courses hasnt exactly been stellar either, which is what is replacing this date.

Back
Top Bottom