2025 schedule news/rumors

Bowman Gray is going to be great. The teams will appreciate they don't have to make the 30 hour trip to LA anymore. The race will certainly sell out they get nice crowds there. I doubt they'd leave the antique ARMCO that's up and replace it with SAFER and a catchfence, which would be great for the guys who race there weekly.

For those of us to whom Bowman-Gray is only a name and have never seen a second of the place, what are the pros and cons of this? I lost interest in the Clash a few years ago. I was tired of the wrecks at Daytona. I watched the first LA and didn't enjoy the layout or race format. Depending on the format, I'll probably give BG a look. Until then, I'm hoping to understand why this is a big deal.

Seriously, the Triad in early February? I remember several miserable weekends at Rainingham in late Feb, a couple of hours further south. But at least BG offers the opportunity to affordably reschedule when Ma Nature decides she takes NASCAR's dare. That's an option renting LA didn't offer.

For those of us to whom Bowman-Gray is only a name and have never seen a second of the place, what are the pros and cons of this? I lost interest in the Clash a few years ago. I was tired of the wrecks at Daytona. I watched the first LA and didn't enjoy the layout or race format. Depending on the format, I'll probably give BG a look. Until then, I'm hoping to understand why this is a big deal.

Seriously, the Triad in early February? I remember several miserable weekends at Rainingham in late Feb, a couple of hours further south. But at least BG offers the opportunity to affordably reschedule when Ma Nature decides she takes NASCAR's dare. That's an option renting LA didn't offer.
Why did they leave over 50 years ago?

I don't know what Bowman-Gray gets you in terms of developing fan interest....which is what an exhibition race should do. Lay people have no understanding over the significance of that place. Seems as though Ben is balancing old school vs. new school in terms of fan appeasement. Sorry to see the event leave LA. SoCal....the capital of car culture....neutered.

Quarter mile same size as LA Colisuem or very close. About the only way to pass is to bulldoze someone out of the way. Commentators have a lot of history to yap about.

Great location for the teams, within driving distance if they are counting the dollars

I don't know what Bowman-Gray gets you in terms of developing fan interest....which is what an exhibition race should do. Lay people have no understanding over the significance of that place. Seems as though Ben is balancing old school vs. new school in terms of fan appeasement. Sorry to see the event leave LA. SoCal....the capital of car culture....neutered.

I think you get more interest at BG than LA. There will be a solid contingent of fans at BG that are regulars for the local racing that will come see the Clash. Now you have fans already interested in short track racing seeing the Cup series. Get them hooked, and they have multiple tracks/dates to attend nearby in the area later in the season.

SoCal has had 30 years to grow a fan base, and LA specifically had 3 years. It didn't work. Let the good 'ole boys stay home and cater to people that may already be interested in oval racing.

With the LA contract expired and no clear direction as to where they should take the Clash next, this is a fine stopgap option for a year or two. Large built-in fan base, low travel costs, and slow enough not to tear up equipment for no monetary or points benefit. Whether it’s a ****show or single-file file bore it’ll still hit the right notes of returning to the grassroots level and honoring the sport’s heritage. I read they held meetings with representatives from São Paulo about hosting the 2026 Clash, so there are still other irons in the fire as far as using this event for market expansion.

Quarter mile same size as LA Colisuem or very close. About the only way to pass is to bulldoze someone out of the way. Commentators have a lot of history to yap about.

Great location for the teams, within driving distance if they are counting the dollars
I may be wrong, but I don't believe Nascar forced anybody to drive out to California to be in an exhibition race. I have already read some yea whos saying they are sure glad they aren't going to communist California for the race. There is that crowd that is happy.
After Nascar dropped a bundle to buy back Bowman Grey, I would imagine it gets the date for at least justifiable tax purposes. It probably is going to be cold, so what stick and ballers do it, I;m watching it, expecting a caution filled show without the clowning Bowman Grey usually gets.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Nascar forced anybody to drive out to California to be in an exhibition race. I have already read some yea whos saying they are sure glad they aren't going to communist California for the race. There is that crowd that is happy.
After Nascar dropped a bundle to buy back Bowman Grey, I would imagine it gets the date for at least justifiable tax purposes. It probably is going to be cold, so what stick and ballers do it, I;m watching it, expecting a caution filled show without the clowning Bowman Grey usually gets.
Kamunist California were the race car numbers are assigned and must be in the right spot, must be Nascar replacement parts only, and teams are rationed with an exact number of Toilet Paper squares to manage per race weekend to control cost. Cause if they ain't wiping too many squares they ain't wasting a lot of money.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Nascar forced anybody to drive out to California to be in an exhibition race.
Chartered entries are required to enter the Clash and All-Star Race, iirc. Hamlin and Keselowski have talked about how LA was a big money loser for teams given the trek out there. The purse has always been the smallest of the 38 events on the schedule, but the expense won’t be nearly as high this time.

Kamunist California were the race car numbers are assigned and must be in the right spot, must be Nascar replacement parts only, and teams are rationed with an exact number of Toilet Paper squares to manage per race weekend to control cost. Cause if they ain't wiping too many squares they ain't wasting a lot of money.
Yep it was a commie number plot. You go west of the mississippi, and you fall off of the face of the earth.

Chartered entries are required to enter the Clash and All-Star Race, iirc. Hamlin and Keselowski have talked about how LA was a big money loser for teams given the trek out there. The purse has always been the smallest of the 38 events on the schedule, but the expense won’t be nearly as high this time.
Yeah 20 million or more a pop for a charter, it's a hardship.

There will be a solid contingent of fans at BG that are regulars for the local racing that will come see the Clash. Now you have fans already interested in short track racing seeing the Cup series.
I suspect the majority of people who regularly attend short track races already follow the Cup series.

Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be released yet. *Cough* 2 weeks too early *Cough*

BGS is whatever to me, but from a cost standpoint for the teams. I can see why it was done due to Mexico being added to the calendar. Close and accessible for all organizations, but I did enjoy of bringing the race into LA like it was enjoyable.

I think you get more interest at BG than LA. There will be a solid contingent of fans at BG that are regulars for the local racing that will come see the Clash. Now you have fans already interested in short track racing seeing the Cup series. Get them hooked, and they have multiple tracks/dates to attend nearby in the area later in the season.

SoCal has had 30 years to grow a fan base, and LA specifically had 3 years. It didn't work. Let the good 'ole boys stay home and cater to people that may already be interested in oval racing.
Keep it a regional sport then? I think Fontana eventually was supported the way a race date should be.

I can agree with this thinking, make some new fans in your backyard where multiple race dates exist and maybe strengthen those track’s attendance. I thought Fontana had pretty good attendance and fans supported the track but the Clash at the Coliseum was always the experiment. I’d say if it was a successful experiment they’d still be racing there but I’m not sure if it’s quantifiable if it was successful or not. At this rate, just go back to Daytona already, I think Bowman- Grey is going to race like $ hit with these cars. At least the teams are close to home for this.

I suspect the majority of people who regularly attend short track races already follow the Cup series.
There are probably a decent amount of short trackers out there who feel that NASCAR abandoned them and their “roots” during the boom phase. When you consider that Rockingham may be back on the calendar as well, you might draw a number of people who haven’t been interested in the national series levels in a while.

Bowman Gray is perfect for a Nascar race.

Don't forget who owns the joint.....

Why wouldn’t they try running Sonoma earlier in the year after Phoenix on the west coast swing? July in that area is going to be a scorcher

Back
Top Bottom