2025 schedule news/rumors

Gorgeous location if they can make it happen.
Very interesting.

I don’t hate it. In fact I’d try to go as I’ve never been to San Diego let alone California. I’m guessing they’d race around Petco Park? This also may seem as if the Chicago Street Race is on borrowed time and they really might not be going back to Fontana, which would really be a shot to the balls.

San Diego would be a great place to have an early or late season race. Seems like a perfect market for NASCAR these days too. I'd love to see them pair it with IMSA.

San Diego would be a great place to have an early or late season race. Seems like a perfect market for NASCAR these days too. I'd love to see them pair it with IMSA.
IMSA already goes to Long Beach. I don’t see that changing or that series adding a second annual trip to SoCal.

IMSA already goes to Long Beach. I don’t see that changing or that series adding a second annual trip to SoCal.
Could replace it with a new event, particularly given that NASCAR would have the venue and owns IMSA. I'm not worried about Indycar finding a support series, they'll be fine.

Could replace it with a new event, particularly given that NASCAR would have the venue and owns IMSA. I'm not worried about Indycar finding a support series, they'll be fine.
Are you aware IMSA weekends feature five or more supporting races of their own? There's a full schedule with little room to work into a Cup weekend. The series has a long relationship with the town and gets red carpet treatment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the layout and wouldn't miss it if the event was moved. Not gonna happen.

But this whole SD thing is just a rumor so far.

Are you aware IMSA weekends feature five or more supporting races of their own? There's a full schedule with little room to work into a Cup weekend. The series has a long relationship with the town and gets red carpet treatment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the layout and wouldn't miss it if the event was moved. Not gonna happen.

But this whole SD thing is just a rumor so far.
I have attended many IMSA events. I don't recall there being anyone beyond the Pilot Challenge race being part of Long Beach weekend as a Saturday support series, which could easily be accommodated.

I don’t hate it. In fact I’d try to go as I’ve never been to San Diego let alone California. I’m guessing they’d race around Petco Park? This also may seem as if the Chicago Street Race is on borrowed time and they really might not be going back to Fontana, which would really be a shot to the balls.
Holy ****** ****! Please. Please. Please. I spent a week on Coronado this summer. Let's race the ******** bridge!!!!!

1724636664802.png

Is San Diego interested? Might be a good recruiting opportunity for the Navy.
Sounds as though they’ve discussed it and are of primary interest to NASCAR, although that’s not all:

Meanwhile, NASCAR is said to have spoken to groups in other cities including Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and some from the Pacific Northwest. Amazon, one of NASCAR’s new media rights partners, is based in Seattle, but it was unclear where the city stacks up versus possible efforts in Denver or Portland. NASCAR already races with its lower levels at the permanent Portland Raceway road course, but there’s questions about whether the facility meets Cup Series standards.

I’d figure if they did end up going to San Diego and using Petco Park as the anchor site it would have to be in March. But it wouldn’t necessarily need to be based there.

With both Cup and Xfinity already leaving Road America the last two years, it appears there won’t be anything in Wisconsin at all next year.

Sounds as though they’ve discussed it and are of primary interest to NASCAR, although that’s not all:

I’d figure if they did end up going to San Diego and using Petco Park as the anchor site it would have to be in March. But it wouldn’t necessarily need to be based there.
Yeah, thinking Gaslamp Quarter has some great backdrops. It would be cool, and I will sell everything I own (not really, but give me some latitude to get excited) to be there. San Diego is a great town with even better people. Love it there.

Would love it if they came to my backyard in the PNW....Portland wouldn't take much to get ready in all honesty.

Are there any tracks on recent schedules with a standalone Truck and Xfinity doubleheader? I don't recall any of those for several years.

NASCAR recently began hiring for both Chicagoland Speedway and the street race which gives credence to the June rumors that both races could happen in 2025

NASCAR recently began hiring for both Chicagoland Speedway and the street race which gives credence to the June rumors that both races could happen in 2025

I would love this. Chicagoland was one of my favorites on the schedule.

I’m more concerned about the quality of racing as opposed to the locale. Will the Los Pollos Hermanos 250 presented by Gus Fring be a good race?

Back
Top Bottom