2025 schedule news/rumors

The only thing I don't like about streaming such as Prime and Peacock is the inability to record the race/game. If something comes up and you have to run somewhere, it's nice to hit record and come back and pick up where you left off.

Carson may have broken some news yesterday while partaking in some IRacing

IF this isn't just a HUGE trolling effort.........
I can already hear the Moody accounts coming in with their "I never said this would or should never happen" LOL

The only thing I don't like about streaming such as Prime and Peacock is the inability to record the race/game. If something comes up and you have to run somewhere, it's nice to hit record and come back and pick up where you left off.
I think Prime lets you record Thursday Night Football.

It depends on the platform and what streaming device you are using, but some of them, you can pause, rewind or fast foward a live event.

There are a few apps I use that I can rewind live programming if I'm watching on Apple TV, but can't if I'm watching on Fire Stick.

IF this isn't just a HUGE trolling effort.........
I can already hear the Moody accounts coming in with their "I never said this would or should never happen" LOL
he sounded pretty matter of fact about it and then you can kinda see the "oh $hit I maybe shouldnt have said that" look on his face. I'm hoping its true but I have a hard time believing a track is dropping off the schedule to make room for The Rock.

I like the Sunday night races myself. But they suck for fans attending races, and really suck when a race runs long. Hard to stay up until 11pm or later for a race when the dreaded Monday morning alarm is just hours away.
I love Sunday Night Prime Time NASCAR, but theres just something fun about Saturday Night NASCAR

I love Sunday Night Prime Time NASCAR, but theres just something fun about Saturday Night NASCAR

Saturday night is much better for fans attending the races.

Sunday night is better for TV, but these races need to be shortened some if they're going to do them more. NASCAR sometimes seems to forget that their core fanbase is white, working class men. How many of NASCAR's core fanbase wakes up at 4-5am to go work a 12 hour shift? The only people this Sunday night deal is optimal for are fans on the West Coast.

he sounded pretty matter of fact about it and then you can kinda see the "oh $hit I maybe shouldnt have said that" look on his face. I'm hoping its true but I have a hard time believing a track is dropping off the schedule to make room for The Rock.
Call me when the ticket sales are announced. Until then, I believe nothing.

Call me when the ticket sales are announced. Until then, I believe nothing.
They said the same thing about Wilkesboro and low an behold theres an All Star race there this weekend. I'm a bit skeptical myself on this but after NW rising from the dead and then having an actual street course on the calendar, I wont be surprised if The Rock comes back at this point.

I'm not sure I believe it. There's people out there reporting all the rumors like Jordan Bianchi at the Athletic yet he had no mention of the Rock. Yet Carson Hocevar the guy mind you who pranked his competitors into making an all star fan vote video for him, just drops it out of the blue? I think Carson's trolling.

I mean we knew this, right? Still gets the Blahhh from me though

I'm not sure I believe it. There's people out there reporting all the rumors like Jordan Bianchi at the Athletic yet he had no mention of the Rock. Yet Carson Hocevar the guy mind you who pranked his competitors into making an all star fan vote video for him, just drops it out of the blue? I think Carson's trolling.
Yea almost 48hrs later, I feel like Jordan, Bob or one of the other nascar beat guys would have had this confirmed by now. Especially with pieces of the schedule starting to leak, I think NWB return was confirmed a week or two early. Just static silence now.

The fans and drivers: We want the finale at Homestead.

NASCAR: Best I can do is another year at Phoenix.
Yep, no reason to not return the championship to Homestead, except for my THEORY outlined as follows:

NASCAR wants to relocate the championship, but if they go back to Homestead, they’d have to just move it again very quickly…..because…what they REALLY want is….

Championship Weekend at the NEW short track in Fontana California!

Perhaps they believe the progress will be such that they can count on racing there by the end of 2026.

The fans and drivers: We want the finale at Homestead.

NASCAR: Best I can do is another year at Phoenix.

I do like Phoenix but Homestead is an unbelievable track. One thing about Phoenix is it does really test the car. Ideally I’d love to see it at Darlington to be honest but I understand the tradition of the Southern 500

Yep, no reason to not return the championship to Homestead, except for my THEORY outlined as follows:

NASCAR wants to relocate the championship, but if they go back to Homestead, they’d have to just move it again very quickly…..because…what they REALLY want is….

Championship Weekend at the NEW short track in Fontana California!

Perhaps they believe the progress will be such that they can count on racing there by the end of 2026.

It’s 50/50 if that even happens.

I do like Phoenix but Homestead is an unbelievable track. One thing about Phoenix is it does really test the car. Ideally I’d love to see it at Darlington to be honest but I understand the tradition of the Southern 500
Darlington has hosted the penultimate race before.

Only venues I’ll accept for a finale that aren’t Homestead are Las Vegas, Atlanta, and MAYBE Daytona.

And for the love of god make Kansas a cutoff race.

Darlington has hosted the penultimate race before.

Only venues I’ll accept for a finale that aren’t Homestead are Las Vegas, Atlanta, and MAYBE Daytona.

And for the love of god make Kansas a cutoff race.
I'll briefly step in here and reiterate my idea of rotating the Championship Race ( much like the CFP Championship Game rotates and the Super Bowl rotates) amongst Las Vegas-Fontana Short Track-Phoenix-Texas-Homestead-Atlanta-Nashville ( or FGS)-Charlotte Oval. No one likes their own idea more than the person pitching it..... and I'll see myself out at this moment.

I'll briefly step in here and reiterate my idea of rotating the Championship Race ( much like the CFP Championship Game rotates and the Super Bowl rotates) amongst Las Vegas-Fontana Short Track-Phoenix-Texas-Homestead-Atlanta-Nashville ( or FGS)-Charlotte Oval. No one likes their own idea more than the person pitching it..... and I'll see myself out at this moment.
I like that idea too. I just don’t think NASCAR gonna give up the championship.

I could see it rotate between Phoenix and LA.

Honestly, as good as the 1.5s are right now, NASCAR is on track to repeat mistakes of the 90s and 2000s. Larson wants more 1.5s, NASCAR has a west coast focus, and so on.

Yours is a great idea, albeit with less total tracks due to November weather (not sure Nashville, Atlanta or Charlotte would be in play for NASCAR’s liking). Maybe Texas. But rotating makes a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom