'21 Generation 7 Car news

I sure hope they will do something.
They already did, the took an inch off the spoiler on the SHR cars and they were faster in practice...but still slower than the Gen 6. But there is a see saw going on there. They lose the balance if they go too far with that on the back and screw up the front. They were talking adding HP also so who knows.

I wonder if that is an old rule or a new one about shifting. They have been shifting at Pocono for years.

You must have missed the debate that moving the numbers to anywhere besides in the middle of the door will make the cars fugly. I'm not one of them so I will say you are right it looks good. :)
Honestly these cars with the shorter greenhouses look so damn sporty. I do like the number placement, allows the sponsor logo to pop considerably more. Could you imagine if they had this with the #3 Goodwrench in huge letters? My lawd...

You must have missed the debate that moving the numbers to anywhere besides in the middle of the door will make the cars fugly. I'm not one of them so I will say you are right it looks good. :)
Well there is always the aero debate :idunno: It seems to include more horsepower, so you get two for the price of one.

For context.

Larry Mac scaling Davey Allison’s car. That’s a beam scale. They took 4 of those with them everywhere they went.

1639028143042.png

IMO if Truex can't drive it, he is gone after next year. My two cents....
So you are saying Truex has to please the preacher or else. :biggrin: Eh, if slick Joe can figure out how to transfer sponsorship to another driver without and any bruised noses that might be a possibility. I think it would look pretty funny with Ty having a fishing pole in his hands, he doesn't look like the outdoor type :laugh: Bass Pro will take some convincing

Roger Penske....Death Bedder?

The teams still have basically no cars. I heard from a source that works with these teams every day (you don't have to hang on to my every word, I'm just putting it out there) that the big teams still only had one car as of a few weeks ago. And then Harvick was asked by Junior on the Download last week how many cars they had. Kevin's reply was, "one".

Notice that there is no influx of gen 6 cars for sale anywhere. Try to find the glut of gen 6 chassis' up for grabs like people had anticipated, you'd think there'd be dozens of them available, right? But there's not. That's because the teams are holding their gen 6 inventory instead of liquidating it yet. Why is that? Because the confidence level that the next gen is actually going to be ready in time to start the season is not high right now.

The teams still have basically no cars. I heard from a source that works with these teams every day (you don't have to hang on to my every word, I'm just putting it out there) that the big teams still only had one car as of a few weeks ago. And then Harvick was asked by Junior on the Download last week how many cars they had. Kevin's reply was, "one".

Notice that there is no influx of gen 6 cars for sale anywhere. Try to find the glut of gen 6 chassis' up for grabs like people had anticipated, you'd think there'd be dozens of them available, right? But there's not. That's because the teams are holding their gen 6 inventory instead of liquidating it yet. Why is that? Because the confidence level that the next gen is actually going to be ready in time to start the season is not high right now.
Here is another "source"

This is what a Twitter user asked the reputed NASCAR journalist, Bob Pockrass – “Hey Bob can you confirm that each race team has been asked to keep a handful of Gen6 cars??”

Pockrass replied that he has spoken to members of a NASCAR team and executives about this, and they all confirmed that it’s not true. The plan still is, ‘to use Next Gen for all races next year.’

1639065592086.png

Another rumor that Pockrass responded to was of whether NASCAR has been testing the 750bhp Next Gen cars.

Pockrass replied, “NASCAR will do a three-car test next week at charlotte to experiment with some changes to the intermediate package and then an organization test the following week. SHR tried a 670hp package late in the test last month (and had the fast times). What they will test is TBD.”

Yeah that is pretty siginificant and I bet the cars were hard to drive. I didn't realize that they tested lowering the cars
I read where he said the drivers didnt like them in traffic, good. But whats all the dirty air talk? I thought the diffuser was gonna get rid of all that? wink wink

Here is another "source"

This is what a Twitter user asked the reputed NASCAR journalist, Bob Pockrass – “Hey Bob can you confirm that each race team has been asked to keep a handful of Gen6 cars??”

Pockrass replied that he has spoken to members of a NASCAR team and executives about this, and they all confirmed that it’s not true. The plan still is, ‘to use Next Gen for all races next year.’

View attachment 59263

Read closer. Bob asked if they were TOLD to keep gen 6 cars. Not if they are actually holding onto them voluntarily.

Back
Top Bottom