'21 Generation 7 Car news

Hard to see very well, but the shark fin looks to be in the same place and very similar to the Gen 6

1639074142595.png

Notice that there is no influx of gen 6 cars for sale anywhere. Try to find the glut of gen 6 chassis' up for grabs like people had anticipated, you'd think there'd be dozens of them available, right? But there's not. That's because the teams are holding their gen 6 inventory instead of liquidating it yet. Why is that? Because the confidence level that the next gen is actually going to be ready in time to start the season is not high right now.
Some teams are holding onto those cars because they race in the Xfinity Series ... the perfect place to make use of this stuff.

The remaining market consists of competitors in that and other lower NASCAR series. There's no need to advertise.

The shark fin shows up after the wind tunnel tests. Could it be that the addition of that will help smooth out the turbulent air coming off of the top of the car and hitting the spoiler?

Some teams are holding onto those cars because they race in the Xfinity Series ... the perfect place to make use of this stuff.

The remaining market consists of competitors in that and other lower NASCAR series. There's no need to advertise.
I heard that was the plan to modify the cup cars to run in the Xfinity series.

Harvick's car shortage conspiracy is working about as well as Hamlin's dead crash dummy

Last edited:
last year is was 2.75 inches on short tracks. Who knows what it will be this year. That picture is for the 1.5 car where much more aero is needed

"Needed," I say put the short track package on all the tracks and let the teams figure out the mechanical grip. The giant ass billboard spoilers are the problem.

More HP works better.. Who would have thunk it
We don't officially know though, Bob has many sources.

However, its not right or wrong. We just don't know. The test next week will be the deciding factor, I feel as if it looks as solid as it did in the clips with three cars. There will be a chance of 670 sticking around, we shall find out though.

I see one car still under assembly. Would need to see metadata on when the picture was taken. Yesterday? Last week? Three weeks ago? Does anyone see more than ONE car?
might be able to work a car shortage conspiracy out of these two :laugh:

1639099920869.png
1639099963052.png

Attachments

• 1639099966155.jpeg
    1639099966155.jpeg
    842.5 KB · Views: 69
NGL, from the short clips I've seen on various social media sites, the NextGen car seem to be more hooked up on dirt than the Gen6 cars.

Could be the NextGen car is better suited for dirt or Stewart Friesen knows how to wheel a car around a dirt track.

It would be funny as hell if NASCAR inadvertently designed a car that works better with more horsepower than the HP amount they intended

I don't understand why they refuse to even consider adding more power. "Lower HP is more attractive for new manufacturers" is a bunch of nonsense. Would it kill NASCAR to add some speed, take away some spoiler, and bring soft tires to the track? What do they think will happen? Do they think the gap between the haves and have nots will be too big?

We're now dealing with spec parts and less room to get "creative" with the rules. That alone is enough to level the playing field and have tighter competition, top to bottom, than ever before. We don't need to neuter the cars and run WOT everywhere to keep things interesting.

I don't understand why they refuse to even consider adding more power. "Lower HP is more attractive for new manufacturers" is a bunch of nonsense. Would it kill NASCAR to add some speed, take away some spoiler, and bring soft tires to the track? What do they think will happen? Do they think the gap between the haves and have nots will be too big?

We're now dealing with spec parts and less room to get "creative" with the rules. That alone is enough to level the playing field and have tighter competition, top to bottom, than ever before. We don't need to neuter the cars and run WOT everywhere to keep things interesting.
Less hp means pack racing and apparently thats what fans want

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Less hp means pack racing and apparently thats what fans want

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That's what NASCAR may think, but it's not reality. We only see true pack racing at Daytona and Talladega.

I can go watch go-karts at Magic Mountain and see WOT pack racing. At this level (NASCAR Cup Series) low HP does not equal close racing.

Back
Top Bottom