'21 Generation 7 Car news

I wonder how many runs in the hawkeye nascar allows them for a repaired car at the track? It's obvious that certain configurations work better so you would think you'd want to make adjustments after a scan

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Holy ****. Just listened to Newmark dance around the Ford wheel issue. Don't quit your freaking day job. Claire B. pushed him in a kind way, and it just got worse and worse. Look, I am all about the direction NASCAR has taken with penalties/rules. We have speed limit of 60 on the freeway--not expecting that people will go 60--but to keep them from going 80. NASCAR has never stripped a Cup win from anybody....The industry understood that you can't touch the wheels (Beshore confirmed). Newmark said it was for safety....then, why keep it quiet in a spec world?.....Newmark said that they thought it might be a Ford thing.....in a spec car? Said that they are learning....What the **** does learning have to do with "You can't touch it"? Again, I prefer that NASCAR let it go, but figure out how to spin it....I know, I know @StandOnIt, WE have been doing it for years....rocket fuel....Bondo.....blah, blah, blah.....stay on topic.

About those wheels, I don't think Nascar gave them a thought before naming the supplier and I doubt the supplier gave any thought into what is needed.
Now they are all trying to save face and nobody wants to make any refunds.
I think the teams should be able to make adjustments and have the wheels inspected before having tires mounted.

About those wheels, I don't think Nascar gave them a thought before naming the supplier and I doubt the supplier gave any thought into what is needed.
Now they are all trying to save face and nobody wants to make any refunds.
I think the teams should be able to make adjustments and have the wheels inspected before having tires mounted.
You don't think BBS, perhaps the most prolific wheel manufacturer on planet Earth, gave any thought about what was needed?

You don't think BBS, perhaps the most prolific wheel manufacturer on planet Earth, gave any thought about what was needed?
A tip for you. Let the stupid comments go. I have great difficulty doing that but I just slid right past that one.

The simplest fix for the teams is to knock a couple thousandths off the drive pins. They are removable. Does NASCAR have people to modify the wheels? Or are they gonna leave it to the teams?

Just occurred to me, the tire changers don't have to change their guns direction when moving from RH to LH side. Only to tighten LH side.

RH tightens clockwise. LH loosens clockwise.

Much like Denny's money shift, be easy for muscle memory to kick in and switch the guns direction without thinking about it.

I'm curious to see if any team decides to start using mechanical grip and put less emphasis on aero. Use spring & shocks settings that allow the car to move & float across bumps and dips. Maybe make the car faster thru the corners while sacrificing a little straightaway speed?

It's my hope. Miss seeing wheel travel.

I'm curious to see if any team decides to start using mechanical grip and put less emphasis on aero. Use spring & shocks settings that allow the car to move & float across bumps and dips. Maybe make the car faster thru the corners while sacrificing a little straightaway speed?

It's my hope. Miss seeing wheel travel.
I believe they use both for maximum speed....already

NASCAR finally got something right with the NextGen cars! Really glad they listened to the drivers & went with a 670hp/4" spoiler package.

I love the racing I've seen so far!

One of the podcasts last week (stacking pennies?) mentioned that it sounds like the target torque for the new wheel is about 600 ft/lbs but that if you let it hammer too long it can get to around 900 ft/lbs and you can't get the wheel back off. I thought they said someone after the race at California (an RCR car?) couldn't get a wheel off and had to cut it off. I'd have to assume that's cutting the lug?

Wonder if any teams have a continency plan in place if they're not about to get the lug loose during the race?

Also sounds like teams are no longer getting the guns from a pool this season. They are issued the same gun every race, but nascar (or the supplier) are holding them when teams are not using them. Would be interesting if anyone tries to monkey with the guns know they'll be using it all season.

I believe they use both for maximum speed....already
New Gen "hot" setups have about an 1" travel on any given wheel when at race speeds. They are like driving ghetto low rider without any air in the shocks down Santa Fe Boulevard near Long Beach

Never admit you are wrong.jpg

Justin Marks was saying yesterday that the splitters are getting pretty beat on these cars and there's some concern about them becoming an expendable part. Said for the time being Nascar is allowing teams to make repairs to them, which is surprising considering that's an issued part.

Justin Marks was saying yesterday that the splitters are getting pretty beat on these cars and there's some concern about them becoming an expendable part. Said for the time being Nascar is allowing teams to make repairs to them, which is surprising considering that's an issued part.
There IS no parts shortage. There IS no parts shortage. There IS no parts shortage. Am I in Kansas Auntie Bea?🧐🧐🧐😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣

Ask your psychiatric nurse next time she checks in to make sure you haven’t hurt yourself.

I’m interested in the solutions to these kinds of problems ... I’ll leave the screaming, crying, trolling ridicule to you.

Common sense is lost in the shuffle sometimes. It really confuses some who think everything is black and white. Many factors are at play. How bad a problem is it? Probably be a real good idea to make sure they have Nascar's permission to repair it.

Probably way too much to ask, but if you could hold off the constant troll until somebody can't race because they don't have a car, it would make more sense.
Some of you really need to go for a walk and relax. Racing is supposed to be entertaining. I'm entertained. But the rose colored glasses look stupid.

Was listening to Todd Gordon last night and he said (and they confirmed with another CC) that all 4 wheel studs are left hand thread. Am I the only one that thought one side was left and one was right to always keep the wheel tight. What's the logic behind this one?

That got me to thinking if they were different you'd have to carry 2 different lugs as spares. Can you imagine a guy messing up a lug then trying to put a right side lug on the left side of the car?

Was listening to Todd Gordon last night and he said (and they confirmed with another CC) that all 4 wheel studs are left hand thread. Am I the only one that thought one side was left and one was right to always keep the wheel tight. What's the logic behind this one?

That got me to thinking if they were different you'd have to carry 2 different lugs as spares. Can you imagine a guy messing up a lug then trying to put a right side lug on the left side of the car?

Anyone who drove Dodges in the fifties knows about loosening wheels with a clockwise motion.

It certainly didn’t.

Until now, I’d never heard of a pin-drive single lug system that used right hand thread on right side hubs. It’s counter-intuitive.
It's actually the opposite of that.
All hubs are LH thread.
Counter intuitive none the less.

The guys on stacking pennies are saying with the new car guys are really working on Jack technology and some of these teams are making some pretty trick stuff. Compared it to what teams were doing with pit guns before the standard gun. Guess HMS has a pretty good one right now. Sounded like the old jacks let the car down too slow now that the guns are so much faster.

Now I'm going to have to pay closer attention to pit stops.

Back
Top Bottom