'21 Generation 7 Car news

Competitive sports cars are MUCH closer to stock. In some cases, the safety equipment is the only difference from stock.
Saw the IMSA at Road America, these new Gen cars appear very similar to the GT class (not the P class which is production) except the bodies.

I’d say they share the most dna with Australian V8 Supercars if any series.
Absolutely! Great call, we actually had one of the V8 Supercars in the shop for evaluation just before Covid hit. Very, very similar...other than the placement of the steering wheel. Chassis wise is almost a mirror image with the three separate boxes and suspension.

^^^ yeah I saw that commercial yesterday myself. The underside reminded me of a 1/32 store bought slot car. That pic doesn't show the rub blocks very well but you can see two of them in between the front wheels and the four in the middle area

2F95524E-3401-4D36-BA8B-A1BB3E70174A.png

Last Sunday, on the pre-race show, Brad Daugherty said the recent NASCAR dyno runs proved that Ford was significantly down on power compared to both Chevy and Toyota. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere in the media, but Brad D said the dyno results were common knowledge inside the industry.

I'm not sure how much freedom Doug Yates has to respond to this. I don't know if Yates has fallen behind as the others have continued to search for incremental improvements, or if there's something about the Ford engine that reacts badly to NASCAR choking down the intake air flow. Anybody know?

Last Sunday, on the pre-race show, Brad Daugherty said the recent NASCAR dyno runs proved that Ford was significantly down on power compared to both Chevy and Toyota. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere in the media, but Brad D said the dyno results were common knowledge inside the industry.

I'm not sure how much freedom Doug Yates has to respond to this. I don't know if Yates has fallen behind as the others have continued to search for incremental improvements, or if there's something about the Ford engine that reacts badly to NASCAR choking down the intake air flow. Anybody know?
In these days I'm not sure what "significantly" even means? Things have gotten so tight that it may mean 8-10 hp. I know there were claims that earlier this season Chevy was making 30 hp more than everyone else, which seams crazy

In these days I'm not sure what "significantly" even means? Things have gotten so tight that it may mean 8-10 hp. I know there were claims that earlier this season Chevy was making 30 hp more than everyone else, which seams crazy
GM mergring engine programs of HMS and RCR was the best thing going.

The Chevy's got a new block. Don't tell Rev, he thinks it is Bondo

“After NASCAR studied upon it hard, they realized that they needed to do something. And, they let us have a new car this year.”

“That and the new engine block that they approved for the year. That engine block is a lot lighter. It helps on days like today (at Bristol).”

“It’s their job to keep equality. They allowed us to make those changes and bring us up to par with the other two makes.”

“After NASCAR studied upon it hard, they realized that they needed to do something. And, they let us have a new car this year.”

“That and the new engine block that they approved for the year. That engine block is a lot lighter. It helps on days like today (at Bristol).”

“It’s their job to keep equality. They allowed us to make those changes and bring us up to par with the other two makes.”

Meanwhile last season Toyota and Chevy tied for wins and Ford blew them all out the water with double their win total.

All it takes is one.
Good lord.

Chase Elliott vs everyone else the the driver/team championship.

When comparing manufacturer performance, you really need to look at the manufacturer championship. It doesn’t care about the gimmicked up points system for the teams. It only looks at finishing positions. Ford absolutely dominated last season. Theres no way to twist it.

Good lord.

Chase Elliott vs everyone else the the driver/team championship.

When comparing manufacturer performance, you really need to look at the manufacturer championship. It doesn’t care about the gimmicked up points system for the teams. It only looks at diminishing positions. Ford absolutely dominated last season. Theres no way to twist it.
Thanks for the info. Any profundities about the Chevy's this season

The part of NASCAR I will never understand is this attitude that if you suck like Chevy did, then it's NASCAR's job to clean up your mess. I get the maintaining parity part, but it is the attitude that I just don't understand. I would be embarrassed if I was Chevy, but rather they act entitled. WTF. You got your ass out-engineered by a lot, and you were thrown a bone. The fact that Toyota has a shot is testimony to TRD whose third string engineer would run the whole ****** show over at Chevy. What a joke. As I have said all year, anything less than a Championship for Chevy would only add to the embarrassment. Toyota has won 3/4 Playoff races....better get your **** together.....oh, and a new block too.....pretty mediocre season given the advantage, really.

The part of NASCAR I will never understand is this attitude that if you suck like Chevy did, then it's NASCAR's job to clean up your mess. I get the maintaining parity part, but it is the attitude that I just don't understand. I would be embarrassed if I was Chevy, but rather they act entitled. WTF. You got your ass out-engineered by a lot, and you were thrown a bone. The fact that Toyota has a shot is testimony to TRD whose third string engineer would run the whole ****** show over at Chevy. What a joke. As I have said all year, anything less than a Championship for Chevy would only add to the embarrassment. Toyota has won 3/4 Playoff races....better get your **** together.....oh, and a new block too.....pretty mediocre season given the advantage, really.

What a laughable post. This is a manufacturer who makes the most underpowered consumer vehicles around. A Camaro would absolutely destroy a Supra or TRD Camry. Hell the old Monte Carlo SS would whoop a TRD Camry

What a laughable post. This is a manufacturer who makes the most underpowered consumer vehicles around. A Camaro would absolutely destroy a Supra or TRD Camry. Hell the old Monte Carlo SS would whoop a TRD Camry
We are talking about the racing programs. That "my balls are bigger" because of what is on the street ended a long time ago. Laughable.

What a joke. You act like Toyota didn’t suffer with engine and horsepower woes for years until NASCAR implemented the tapered spacers.

My goodness, how c0cky can you get over a team of engineers that don't know your name and don't care about you, that work for an organization that in 2007 wasn't even capable of qualifying for races, and then in 2013 was having massive reliability issues during the races and was known to have a horsepower deficit the time after that? TRD has come up from very humble results in this sport even when they had the biggest budget.

Your "us versus them" mentality on Toyota versus everybody else cannot be healthy imo. The reality is that none of us posting here know the inside information from any of these camps, but we DO know that over several decades NASCAR has allowed manufacturers different opportunities like this block change. Are you aware of the GM SB2, then R07 before this? What about the Ford F452 to F09 switch, you wanna complain that Ford shouldn't have been able to ever use a new engine architecture? These changes are normal and expected in the sport. Calling this laughable or embarrassing for Chevy is totally ridiculous.

What a joke. You act like Toyota didn’t suffer with engine and horsepower woes for years until NASCAR implemented the tapered spacers.
Cite your source. Never mind. I know....RF legend as statement of fact. Just because you say it over and over again doesn't make it more valid. Have a great day. Go TRD!

Like anyone would take anything you have to say about Toyota seriously. Even when you are correct your blatant blindness towards anything Toyota does wrong or other manufacturers do right makes anything you have to say worthless.

Lets all remember when he said that Chevy didn’t have it’s priorities straight, while Toyota obviously did, when HMS finished 1-2-3-4 at Dover. “There isn’t a track like Dover in the Playoffs” he said. He was in the know while everyone else was simply willfully ignorant.

Much to his disappointment, he joins the rest of us who have no idea what they are talking about on the internet.

1633195075713.png

The reality is that none of us posting here know the inside information from any of these camps, but we DO know that over several decades NASCAR has allowed manufacturers different opportunities like this block change. Are you aware of the GM SB2, then R07 before this?
Block change? Lighter than CGI?

When did this happen?

Back
Top Bottom