'21 Generation 7 Car news

Lets all remember when he said that Chevy didn’t have it’s priorities straight, while Toyota obviously did, when HMS finished 1-2-3-4 at Dover. “There isn’t a track like Dover in the Playoffs” he said. He was in the know while everyone else was simply willfully ignorant.

Much to his disappointment, he joins the rest of us who have no idea what they are talking about on the internet.

View attachment 57845
Wishful thinking.

Good lord.

Chase Elliott vs everyone else the the driver/team championship.

When comparing manufacturer performance, you really need to look at the manufacturer championship. It doesn’t care about the gimmicked up points system for the teams. It only looks at finishing positions. Ford absolutely dominated last season. Theres no way to twist it.
Works for this year too?

Like anyone would take anything you have to say about Toyota seriously. Even when you are correct your blatant blindness towards anything Toyota does wrong or other manufacturers do right makes anything you have to say worthless.
You angry bro?

I'm sure the men and women at TRD Costa Mesa everytime they run a new header design on the engine dyno are thinking, "this right here is all for Revman...".
Statement of fact or opinion.....I mean the original comment.

The part of NASCAR I will never understand is this attitude that if you suck like Chevy did, then it's NASCAR's job to clean up your mess. I get the maintaining parity part, but it is the attitude that I just don't understand. I would be embarrassed if I was Chevy, but rather they act entitled. WTF. You got your ass out-engineered by a lot, and you were thrown a bone. The fact that Toyota has a shot is testimony to TRD whose third string engineer would run the whole ****** show over at Chevy. What a joke. As I have said all year, anything less than a Championship for Chevy would only add to the embarrassment. Toyota has won 3/4 Playoff races....better get your **** together.....oh, and a new block too.....pretty mediocre season given the advantage, really.
I always love to remind your here that, well, this EXACT situation of which you're angry is why we have the lowered HP packages. You know, one manufacturer (who pumped a TON of money into activation) couldn't build a high hp V8 that wasn't a hand grenade. Carry on.

I always love to remind your here that, well, this EXACT situation of which you're angry is why we have the lowered HP packages. You know, one manufacturer (who pumped a TON of money into activation) couldn't build a high hp V8 that wasn't a hand grenade. Carry on.
Who is angry? Once again, a RF narrative that becomes statement of fact.....and pumping money into activation is a bad thing?

You mean your original comment (opinion) about Chevy being "thrown a bone" and "out-engineered" and "entitled" and "embarassed" and having an "advantage" and all that? You mean those opinions?
Post #3164....or we could just drop it because I am pretty sure we both know the answer. Unfortunate that typical sports banter gets so personal here. Have a great day man! Go Toyota!

Have a great day all....the Chicky Nuggie Gang aka "Most of Us" is in full bloom. I'm out. Happy race day!

We are talking about the racing programs. That "my balls are bigger" because of what is on the street ended a long time ago. Laughable.
Technically though, my balls are bigger if I'm driving a Chevy to your Toyota ;)

Post #3164....or we could just drop it because I am pretty sure we both know the answer. Unfortunate that typical sports banter gets so personal here. Have a great day man! Go Toyota!

Nothing personal at all, but what makes your narrative better than "our" narrative?

If you're gonna dish it out, you gotta be able to take it.

Who is angry? Once again, a RF narrative that becomes statement of fact.....and pumping money into activation is a bad thing?
RF narrative? It's widely believed (on many sites) and I've heard it from people who work for teams. It's nice to live in the Charlotte/Mooresville vicinity... I mean, it's just an amazing coincidence that Toyota entered a period of dominance shortly thereafter, huh?

You mean your original comment (opinion) about Chevy being "thrown a bone" and "out-engineered" and "entitled" and "embarassed" and having an "advantage" and all that? You mean those opinions?
Nah, those were all objective statements of fact.

I'll say this, I'm very interested to see how "tough" they are to drive. I know a lot has been made of the current HP/aerodynamic packages that the sport uses but lets be honest, it doesn't matter if we're at 550 or 750 horsepower, these things are extremely stable and fast. Have to give credit to the engineers, but at the same time can make for some dull racing.

Look at both the previous Las Vegas race as well as Dover, both very uncompetitive. At Dover only 3 cars finished within 10 seconds, and Hendrick took the top 4 spots. Clearly they hit the setup out of the park (to their credit) but still when the first non-Hendrick car finishes 12 seconds off the leader that is pretty rough lol

In regards to post #3164, I'm gonna go with it's a fact that you aren't on personal terms with Toyota Racing Development or David Wilson or Akio Toyoda. If you have any facts to dispute that then I'm all ears.

In regards to post #3164, I'm gonna go with it's a fact that you aren't on personal terms with Toyota Racing Development or David Wilson or Akio Toyoda. If you have any facts to dispute that then I'm all ears.
So noted. I don't feel the need to prove anything to anybody here, really. You go with your truth.

RF narrative? It's widely believed (on many sites) and I've heard it from people who work for teams. It's nice to live in the Charlotte/Mooresville vicinity... I mean, it's just an amazing coincidence that Toyota entered a period of dominance shortly thereafter, huh?
So, no real source, right? Got it.

Nothing personal at all, but what makes your narrative better than "our" narrative?

If you're gonna dish it out, you gotta be able to take it.
I am all good with that, but yeah, it's personal....and shameful that it is so. I can take it....I have been a Toyota fan for years.....but when it gets personal, then it gets stupid. No need for that.

Hey, at least we lured you out into actually posting on a race day! Maybe join us in the, you know, race thread?
I am way too into the race to be here. This is a great post-race destination.

What, exactly, is personal about any of this? What responses in this thread did you take personally?
We are done here, man. Truly, have a great day!

So, no real source, right? Got it.
We live in an era where people believe that if there is no URL for a claim, then it never happened.

NASCAR desires tight competition. Toyota was floundering and could not consistently build an engine that stayed together while offering superior horsepower. While Toyota suffered years of engine failures, NASCAR decided to change the engine package to include tapered spacers that reduced horsepower from 900 to 725. After that move to tighten everyone together again, Toyota saw massive successes.

IIRC, everyone wanted to move on from 875-900 HP figures they were running the first couple of years of Gen 6. Chevy and Toyota wanted smaller engines and Ford wanted tapered spacers.

IIRC, everyone wanted to move on from 875-900 HP figures they were running the first couple of years of Gen 6. Chevy and Toyota wanted smaller engines and Ford wanted tapered spacers.

Can you imagine the speeds with the 2018 configuration at 900 HP? I bet we’d be doing 210 into turns at places like Charlotte/Texas, maybe 220-225 at Michigan

Can you imagine the speeds with the 2018 configuration at 900 HP? I bet we’d be doing 210 into turns at places like Charlotte/Texas, maybe 220-225 at Michigan
Nah, because as soon as NASCAR had seen those speeds in ‘18, they’d have had the plates on the next FedEx flight toot damn sweet.

Nah, because as soon as NASCAR had seen those speeds in ‘18, they’d have had the plates on the next FedEx flight toot damn sweet.
Well they didn't when Michigan was first paved. Those guys were scraping 220 in practice, yet they did not restrictor plate those cars. Still idk if those speeds, while awesome, would be good for the sport. Lets not forget that race ratings were absolute garbage for any 1.5-2 mile tracks just about because passing completely disappeared. I'd love to see the speeds and power return, but you have to create the car in a way that allows for close trailing or even drafting down the straights. Otherwise it's a really fast parade

Back
Top Bottom