'21 Generation 7 Car news

The Jr show they were saying that the complaints about the steering are that the wheels don't turn sharp enough and the steering is too quick. They found ways to cool the inside off already, but they probably are looking at others. I think it was Reddick's car with the holes in the windshield and the back window that was working the best.

1636635193431.png
How parts are received, center section, misc body parts and other parts.....

I'd like to see 20 cars running a 50 lap race. Would go a long way to helping teams set their cars up and understand the new aerodynamic impacts. No sideforce is going to be such a big deal

I wonder about cross threading myself or what happens if they don't get them tight? Time will tell I guess

I'd like to see 20 cars running a 50 lap race. Would go a long way to helping teams set their cars up and understand the new aerodynamic impacts. No sideforce is going to be such a big deal
We'll see. With the flaccid motors, a gazillion pounds of aerodynamic downforce, and more mechanical grip due to wider tires and independent rear suspension, I doubt they'll even notice the side force is gone. I'm guessing Charlotte will be WFO flat-foot city..:idunno:

We'll see. With the flaccid motors, a gazillion pounds of aerodynamic downforce, and more mechanical grip due to wider tires and independent rear suspension, I doubt they'll even notice the side force is gone. I'm guessing Charlotte will be WFO flat-foot city..:idunno:
Be patient....

Good things are coming to Cup

But they’d be driving them sort of like Mario Kart if that makes sense. Pedal to the metal, but hard to handle and run on your line. So much of what these cars are at the moment is yawed out beast that glides through the middle of the corner

Has anyone heard how the allocation of new chassis is going for the open teams or is it just chartered ones right now? I would think if some of the open teams don't get something soon it's going to be hard for them to get to Daytona

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard how the allocation of new chassis is going for the open teams or is it just chartered ones right now? I would think if some of the open teams don't get something soon it's going to be hard for them to get to Daytona

Do we have reason to think distribution is affected by charter / open status?

I can see possible issues for part-time open teams who haven't yet decide to run Daytona, but not for those planning on running the full season.

Do we have reason to think distribution is affected by charter / open status?

I can see possible issues for part-time open teams who haven't yet decide to run Daytona, but not for those planning on running the full season.
All the reports I heard earlier were charter teams would be first to get allocations. It's still a very limited supply right now

All the reports I heard earlier were charter teams would be first to get allocations. It's still a very limited supply right now

Apparently it's considered a violation of etiquette to ask, but may I inquire as to the sources of those reports and how long ago?

It's certainly a thing in F1. Usually results in a retirment from the race.
You would think the metal of the stud would be a lot harder than that of the nut so that it would only damage the threads of the nut. Might be something more behind it that making the stud that hard makes it too brittle?

Looking @ this picture, the "swaybar" is just above the guys foot with it's "blade" pointing rearward. A rod will run from that up to stud on upper arm. I'm assuming the aluminum clamp inline with the left side of upper control arm mount is where the rack goes. So tie-rod connects waaaaay above the lower ball joint area. One of the drivers, maybe LaJoie, mentioned this design, IHO, as being part of the steering issues. I suppose they been using a similar design on open wheel/IMSA cars for years. Just foreign to us.

I believe they have an updated front clip coming but thought it was primarily for crash worthiness reasons? I still say these cars look like killers. Soooo much stiffness. Daytona 500 could be a brutal. Hope I'm wrong. They get one shot at this HUGE change.

Attachments

• Next Gen RF.png
    Next Gen RF.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 69
Looking @ this picture, the "swaybar" is just above the guys foot with it's "blade" pointing rearward. A rod will run from that up to stud on upper arm. I'm assuming the aluminum clamp inline with the left side of upper control arm mount is where the rack goes. So tie-rod connects waaaaay above the lower ball joint area. One of the drivers, maybe LaJoie, mentioned this design, IHO, as being part of the steering issues. I suppose they been using a similar design on open wheel/IMSA cars for years. Just foreign to us.

I believe they have an updated front clip coming but thought it was primarily for crash worthiness reasons? I still say these cars look like killers. Soooo much stiffness. Daytona 500 could be a brutal. Hope I'm wrong. They get one shot at this HUGE change.
Agreed entirely. I am honestly concerned about safety with these cars and it has nothing to do with the public "rumors" from early this summer

Agreed entirely. I am honestly concerned about safety with these cars and it has nothing to do with the public "rumors" from early this summer
Just can't wrap my Brian around the use of box tubing for upper part of chassis. How is that not a huge difference in crushability? My concern is car-to-car crashes. And before Charlie comes in and says, the roll cage is round tubing...i'm referring to the clips.

One of the car's designer/engineer on Dale Jr's podcast said there was a "rumor" going around the garage about the crash test dummy being destroyed and he said they hadn't even put a dummy in the car yet for crash tests. :biggrin:
There is no public proof of either being true. I'm going by what I see

I am going to have to go with the bevy of designers and degreed engineers
No disagreement there. Just my personal opinion from my own eyes that there seems to be some design flaws with this car in regards to safety

Used to modify suspension on dirtbikes. Lots of engineers designed and built them. Sometimes it was 15 dollars of shims to make it go from brutally harsh to easy to ride and sucked up everything you hit. But the engineer knows best, amiright?
A dirt bike isn't a cup car

No disagreement there. Just my personal opinion from my own eyes that there seems to be some design flaws with this car in regards to safety
The car is designed to crush front and back. This extends the "period" of impact. The center section is built to different specifications for more rigidity. Too much or not enough is not only figured, but crash tested in real life.

Back
Top Bottom