'21 Generation 7 Car news

Here are all three tested packages with the test races, just done simultaneously:

Both six inch centered and offset look okay, especially during the restart. However, it falls apart after à few laps.

The four may not have the big wow factor on the restarts, but it looks more raceable over a longer run producing more passing opportunities and the leader did not run away either.

Hope they go four-inch spoiler, feedback from the driver's indicates they want the challenge back to control backend.

kudos to NASCAR for giving us an inside look at the decision making process and showing us everything they're doing to make the racing best they can.

Was there a time sheet posted from Friday? If someone posted it my apologies.
Thanks!

I hope the next test session, they let them run at least long enough for the tires to wear out. I want to see what the fall off is like on these new 18" tires.

Needs more downforce ...

1639916577531.png

You have to wonder how much the cars are truly on the edge vs drivers becoming too dependent on aero. I mean seriously the gen 6 car was almost impossible to spin out on your own. It would start getting out of shape and aero would keep it from coming around .

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

You have to wonder how much the cars are truly on the edge vs drivers becoming too dependent on aero. I mean seriously the gen 6 car was almost impossible to spin out on your own. It would start getting out of shape and aero would keep it from coming around .

That's the key this year.

Whomever can adapt the fastest will be the best out there.

I’m guessing the ones who compete in other motor sports should have an advantage (Larson, Bell, Elliott, etc.)
They really should and I expect more drivers to dabble in sports cars in the future. Maybe a bit of GT4 action or maybe more NASCAR drivers in GTD for the Rolex or something along those lines

Maybe more dirt action, you never know. I'm all for it though to show-off the flexibility of the drivers in this series. Seeing Elliott and Kyle Busch in Rallycross was excellent and I honestly think more drivers should go out and try more disciplines to build on.

They really should and I expect more drivers to dabble in sports cars in the future. Maybe a bit of GT4 action or maybe more NASCAR drivers in GTD for the Rolex or something along those lines

Maybe more dirt action, you never know. I'm all for it though to show-off the flexibility of the drivers in this series. Seeing Elliott and Kyle Busch in Rallycross was excellent and I honestly think more drivers should go out and try more disciplines to build on.
Not everybody is a Larson who is lost if he isn't at a track. I get that we are trying to draw a line between other forms of motorsport and NASCAR, but that has never really held any water with Xfinity/Trucks....but I get it, maybe the new car will change that, but I doubt it.

That's the key this year.

Whomever can adapt the fastest will be the best out there.
I suppose this has been the question since the transition to high downforce low horsepower.....Does the driver adapt to the package or does the team get the driver the feel that he has always sought? I think in Jimmie's case, neither happened. One must.

I think this is a brilliant point....and it takes us to the metrics by which this car is being judged.

I suppose this has been the question since the transition to high downforce low horsepower.....Does the driver adapt to the package or does the team get the driver the feel that he has always sought? I think in Jimmie's case, neither happened. One must.
What does JJ have to do with this? He isn't currently driving in the Cup Series.

What does JJ have to do with this? He isn't currently driving in the Cup Series.
Well, I think when the package changed, Jimmie sucked and couldn't drive it. I don't believe for one second that his skills diminished....I think the package had tendencies that he couldn't adjust to. I think KFB was in a similar spot.

I think we will see better road racing with the next gen. I don't know about the rest. I'm not all that excited with the thinner tire being able to take the abuse and it seems that any flat tire causes a spin. No interliner? :idunno:

I think we will see better road racing with the next gen. I don't know about the rest. I'm not all that excited with the thinner tire being able to take the abuse and it seems that any flat tire causes a spin. No interliner? :idunno:
I agree.

I mean, tire technology has come a long way since the 80s or 90s.

Well, I think when the package changed, Jimmie sucked and couldn't drive it. I don't believe for one second that his skills diminished....I think the package had tendencies that he couldn't adjust to. I think KFB was in a similar spot.

I think that was part of the problem with JJ's drop off, part was also Hendrick sucking for a few years, and the crash at Pocono scaring him a bit.

I think that was part of the problem with JJ's drop off, part was also Hendrick sucking for a few years, and the crash at Pocono scaring him a bit.

I dunno, I think it was primarily the Pocono race that shook him the most.

I dunno, I think it was primarily the Pocono race that shook him the most.
I dunno.....that might have been a part of it, but I doubt it. I need some help in explaining that if fear is an issue, what in the hell is he doing in an IndyCar going 220 mph into 1 at Indy next year?

I dunno.....that might have been a part of it, but I doubt it. I need some help in explaining that if fear is an issue, what in the hell is he doing in an IndyCar going 220 mph into 1 at Indy next year?
He isn't setting the world on fire in IndyCar.

The point being that the doesn't need to be there. If he was afraid, he wouldn't be.
That's your opinion. I have seen it for years with all age groups after a big crash. They tap the brake a little sooner, back out of tough situations instead of pushing forward. Johnson knows how to stay out of trouble, he isn't sticking his neck out...

Back
Top Bottom