'21 Generation 7 Car news

Sounds like Logano is all in. If it is three lanes possible instead of a one lane parade ground that's a big improvement.

"When you take [the] spoiler out, you’re taking drag out, and it’s essentially adding horsepower [in feel] to the car," driver Joey Logano said. "I think the [4-inch] one was the best one. I think everyone in the [driver] room probably agrees with that.

"The cars were using three lanes in Charlotte. We haven’t used three lanes in Charlotte in years. I think that was a gain. Tires fall off super hard. It’s kind of everything we’ve been asking for."

Somebody was saying that Nascar didn't have any direction.. Here ya go

O’Donnell said he believes teams will have five completed cars by the start of the season. Will that be enough for teams to get through Daytona (where crashes are common) and three consecutive weeks on the West Coast (where there is limited time to get new cars assembled and/or shipped)?

"We believe that will be a sufficient inventory to get us through the first quarter of the season," O’Donnell said. "Then we’ll continue to build and learn. ... It’s a new culture for us."

The idea is to make the driver, crew chief and pit crew have more of a direct impact on the result, rather than an engineer designing a part or a setup.

"We don’t want to be in the parts manufacturing business," O’Donnell said. "We don’t want to be in the wind tunnel [time equating to] winning races business. We want to see people get out there and perform on the track."

Somebody was saying that Nascar didn't have any direction.. Here ya go

O’Donnell said he believes teams will have five completed cars by the start of the season. Will that be enough for teams to get through Daytona (where crashes are common) and three consecutive weeks on the West Coast (where there is limited time to get new cars assembled and/or shipped)?

"We believe that will be a sufficient inventory to get us through the first quarter of the season," O’Donnell said. "Then we’ll continue to build and learn. ... It’s a new culture for us."

The idea is to make the driver, crew chief and pit crew have more of a direct impact on the result, rather than an engineer designing a part or a setup.

"We don’t want to be in the parts manufacturing business," O’Donnell said. "We don’t want to be in the wind tunnel [time equating to] winning races business. We want to see people get out there and perform on the track."
I actually really agree with this take

You have to wonder how many teams will try to "repair" things to gain an advantage. It's so funny that when something is out of tolerance on accident it always makes the car faster

You have to wonder how many teams will try to "repair" things to gain an advantage. It's so funny that when something is out of tolerance on accident it always makes the car faster
O'Donnell said big time penalties including excluded from the chase. I'll take him at his word until proved different.

That's your opinion. I have seen it for years with all age groups after a big crash. They tap the brake a little sooner, back out of tough situations instead of pushing forward. Johnson knows how to stay out of trouble, he isn't sticking his neck out...
Why in the hell would he even entertain a more dangerous form of motorsport if fear was a factor?

I said a couple of weeks ago that the 'Holy Trinity' of engine block, fuel, and tires were going to be joined by a pantheon of sainted parts. It's nice to be right occasionally; don't expect me to make a habit of it.

O'Donnell said big time penalties including excluded from the chase. I'll take him at his word until proved different.
Let's see if Steve has the balls to back that up. Larry Mac said that I think....I will wait for Steve. They have yet to have the balls to take a Cup win away as I predicted. Taking somebody out of the Playoffs would be a huge sponsor slap. If he said it....he is bluffing. I call bull****.
The plus side for Chevy is that in theory it should be a lot easier and cheaper to submit a new body design once their Camaro 2.1222333223333333LE76EEE proves to be a piece of ****.

DQ's never happen says Camaro boy...news at 11​

NASCAR Coke Zero Sugar 400 Runner-Up DQ'd as Bubba Wallace Moves Up​

NASCAR disqualifies Chase Elliott for five loose lug nuts​

After Daytona near-win, NASCAR disqualifies Chris Buescher​

NASCAR disqualifies Kyle Busch; Austin Cindric declared winner​

DQ's never happen says Camaro boy...news at 11​

NASCAR Coke Zero Sugar 400 Runner-Up DQ'd as Bubba Wallace Moves Up​

NASCAR disqualifies Chase Elliott for five loose lug nuts​

After Daytona near-win, NASCAR disqualifies Chris Buescher​

NASCAR disqualifies Kyle Busch; Austin Cindric declared winner​

Read the damn post. I said "Cup win." SMDH.

Objection, Your Honor. My learned colleague presumes a disqualifying violation has occurred, but offers no evidence. Indeed, he infers that NASCAR's lack of action is proof in itself of an ignored violation.
Richmond. September. 2019. JGR 1-2-3-4. Jones P4 DQ'ed. IMO a message sent to finishers 1-2-3. Message received. Proud of NASCAR on that. My two cents. Remember....MY Toyotas.

Let's see if Steve has the balls to back that up. Larry Mac said that I think....I will wait for Steve. They have yet to have the balls to take a Cup win away as I predicted. Taking somebody out of the Playoffs would be a huge sponsor slap. If he said it....he is bluffing. I call bull****.
The plus side for Chevy is that in theory it should be a lot easier and cheaper to submit a new body design once their Camaro 2.1222333223333333LE76EEE proves to be a piece of ****.
Somebody check the record player. It's skipping again.

Richmond. September. 2019. JGR 1-2-3-4. Jones P4 DQ'ed. IMO a message sent to finishers 1-2-3. Message received. Proud of NASCAR on that. My two cents. Remember....MY Toyotas.
NASCAR dq'ed 2nd place finisher Jimmie Johnson (in the all sacred Camaro) for the Coke 600 in 2019. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Camaro ZL1 1LE
Camry TRD XSE

Is one really that much harder to say than the other?
The Camry TRD is not an XSE. Stay. In. Your. Lane.

NASCAR dq'ed 2nd place finisher Jimmie Johnson (in the all sacred Camaro) for the Coke 600 in 2019. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
This time. Slowly. Cup w-i-n.

Hendrick didn't have that problem this year with a 1-4. C'mon yoders beat those Hudson's :laugh:
Did they even inspect the Camaro 2.0? Who the hell is even inspecting those things now that Fabian decided to abuse dogs?

Let's get back on track....O'Donnell coming up on NASCAR Radio. Could be interesting.....

This time. Slowly. Cup w-i-n.
I was responding to you citing a stripping of Eric Jone's fourth place.

Said as snarkily as possible to keep in line with tone above.

And we actually agree. I don't think NASCAR has the stones to strip a Cup win.

Richmond. September. 2019. JGR 1-2-3-4. Jones P4 DQ'ed. IMO a message sent to finishers 1-2-3. Message received.
Again, you're assuming the top 3 were cheating too. You've every right to an opinion, esp. in a sports forum, but I don't see anything to justify either the assumption or the opinion.

"Senator, have you stopped beating your wife?"

Need more sensors :cool:

1640105543067.png

Back
Top Bottom