'21 Generation 7 Car news

This is the most eye-rollingly cringe post I have ever read here before.
We go hard at trim levels now in this forum. Very cool.
I am playing around. Save the cringe for my best in season stuff. Chill. Merry Christmas!
Again, you're assuming the top 3 were cheating too. You've every right to an opinion, esp. in a sports forum, but I don't see anything to justify either the assumption or the opinion.

"Senator, have you stopped beating your wife?"
I believe that they were illegal....cheating? Semantics. NASCAR wanted the threat out there...good narrative.....they have never wanted consequence....Four Toyotas DQ'ed would have been a horrid narrative. Fabian was good with that. Running the garage without destroying the sport....which DQ'ing the winner does with all due respect to short track stuff out there where that happens. This isn't Saturday night short tracking. Too bad Jay couldn't figure out how to treat a dog.
Camry TRD needs to stay out of the left lane for as underpowered as it is. I can get a 2.0 Turbo Camaro with the same power as the top of the line Camry. Hell the Civic Type R is sportier and could probably take both if we're being honest
Revs engine at stoplight. Thumps chest. Just wait until you get some of that hybrid rumble. I think we have talked about this before.
4 inch spoiler ant 670 hp just made KFB relevant again. Let's ****** go!!!!!!
NASCAR continues to nail it with this new car. 100% love the direction. Just enough cost containment/parity + just enough OEM identity. Nailed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did they announce this? I know in the 2022 Tundra it no longer has a V8 option, but Toyota still offers a V8 in other platforms.
A case of making something out of nothing. I don't see the V8 being the engine of choice when the new engine rules come about.

That's not for another three years though, but it will be important NASCAR makes the right choice in what to do.

I say open up the rulebook for engines, but thats a lot of money.

Just like Aussie Supercars. They are capped off at a certain HP figure, I want to say 650 or 670, and are allowed designs that are 4, 6, or 8 cylinders.

I've been begging for F1 to allow that. Set a BHP limit (let's say 1000) and let the manufacturers decide how to achieve that.

I've been begging for F1 to allow that. Set a BHP limit (let's say 1000) and let the manufacturers decide how to achieve that.
I can understand why F1 does what it does now, especially with these current engines. They are extremely expensive to develop.

Not to mention the current engines are pushing around that 1000 bhp mark, if not more than that.

Interesting how the 2001 cars had a similar greenhouse/trunk lid & big spoiler as the Next Gen.

1640287548167.png

Unless they're going to run half the ovals backwards, I have no idea why a racecar that only turns left should be symmetrical.

Some of the drivers asked for a car that is harder to drive. They got it.
Maybe this will turn things around. To many kids coming up that aren't old enough to drive.
Maybe now they won't be destroying so many cars every week. I would have thought by now they would have hired older drivers for those back marker teams.

Maybe this will turn things around. To many kids coming up that aren't old enough to drive.
Maybe now they won't be destroying so many cars every week. I would have thought by now they would have hired older drivers for those back marker teams.
The older drivers don't bring paychecks with them. The young drivers bring daddy's money that the backmarker teams couldn't even make it to the track without.

You have to be 18 to race on a 1.5 or above.

You have to be 18 to race on a 1.5 or above.
I understand kids like Kevin Harvick's or Kyle Bushes' son being quite well financed at that age however any owners that are so desperate for money IMO shouldn't own a race team.

I understand kids like Kevin Harvick's or Kyle Bushes' son being quite well financed at that age however any owners that are so desperate for money IMO shouldn't own a race team.
Keelan Harvick has been racing since he was almost old enough to walk. He is driving a micro midget now. He and tons of others have been driving for years when or if they get in the big show. Car owners have plenty of time to see these younger drivers and the other is more B.S. thinking that every young driver shows up with a wheelbarrow full of money. ...waiting to hear Kyle Larson or C.Bell were rich kids spending daddy's money

If Toyota up and left the sport in a few years, who would you root for?
Frankly, as a manufacturer based fan, what would be the point of even following NASCAR if MY manufacturer wasn't there? None. The sport would live for me like the NFL....I would catch a race once in a while, but I wouldn't be glued to my TV.....and I certainly wouldn't be attending races. Now, having said all of that, the question then becomes...What non-Toyota driver do I like? That is a really an easy one for me to answer.....Brad Keselowski. I have never been asked that. Thank you.

Frankly, as a manufacturer based fan, what would be the point of even following NASCAR if MY manufacturer wasn't there? None. The sport would live for me like the NFL....I would catch a race once in a while, but I wouldn't be glued to my TV.....and I certainly wouldn't be attending races. Now, having said all of that, the question then becomes...What non-Toyota driver do I like? That is a really an easy one for me to answer.....Brad Keselowski. I have never been asked that. Thank you.

Didn't you follow NASCAR before Toyota came in? I thought you said you were an Earnhardt fan? Maybe I'm mistaken.

I'm shocked to hear you say this. So much more to racing then pulling for one driver or one manufacturer. Growing up Bobby Allison was my hero, when he got hurt I thought I would lose interest because I pulled for him with every fiber of my being but in the end I continued to be a fan and then ultimately ended up in the sport. It was very liberating just watching the race and seeing the whole picture and not just focusing on 1 individual. I could never have been a manufacturers fan, Bobby drove 9 different makes of cars lol.

I'm gonna modify this question a bit. Let's say in 2024 Toyota announces that they're leaving NASCAR to join IndyCar instead. Do you follow them to the new series? What about something less mainstream like Formula E? Do you follow them in WEC too?

I'm shocked to hear you say this.
Seriously shocked? I've seen literally thousands of people get up from their seats and leave when Gordon or Junior would go out early. And by 'early', I mean lap 50 or so at Bristol. I'm sure you know people who stopped following the sport when Dale died.

All sports have a percentage of fans who are there for only one player. I think it's ridiculous people still care what college was attended by a player for three years after he's been in the pros for twice that long, but there's a reason why the networks identify them.

Seriously shocked? I've seen literally thousands of people get up from their seats and leave when Gordon or Junior would go out early. And by 'early', I mean lap 50 or so at Bristol. I'm sure you know people who stopped following the sport when Dale died.

All sports have a percentage of fans who are there for only one player. I think it's ridiculous people still care what college was attended by a player for three years after he's been in the pros for twice that long, but there's a reason why the networks identify them.
I was shocked at what Rev said. I thought he was a race fan in general.

Back
Top Bottom