'21 Generation 7 Car news

Dale Jr. to test at Daytona per Pockrass apparently because Hendrick drivers are busy with their hobbies. #WorksForMe #Priorities
I think this is a good way to find out if this car is harder to drive. He couldn't drive the gen 6 either.

It's not uncommon for an Xfinity driver to be an emergency, race-day substitute for a Cup driver. This has included X drivers with no previous Cup experience. This would indicate that a license to drive X also covers Cup participation, at least at a track where the driver already has experience.
Link?

If you want to know the truth,” Earnhardt told NBC Sports in an exclusive interview Monday, “I probably texted Chad Knaus (Hendrick vice president of competition) about six times, asking him if they would let me run a few laps at the test.”

Earnhardt drove a Next Gen car after a Goodyear tire test in October at Bowman Gray Stadium. He sought to run more laps in the new car to gain a better perspective of the vehicle and share that knowledge with viewers in his NASCAR on NBC analyst duties.

Knaus wasn’t the only person Earnhardt asked to run a few laps for at the organizational test Tuesday and Wednesday at Daytona. But Knaus responded with the best offer.

“I’ll do whatever you need, anything you need,” Earnhardt said he told Knaus.

“Well, all our guys are going to the Chili Bowl, so there may be an opportunity to do the whole day,” Knaus told Earnhardt.

Wonder why they won't have 2 "updated" cars at the test? Seems like kind of a waste of time to test something you know is inferior.

Found something fun. Bring it up on TV & computer. The feed/sound is slightly delayed on computer so makes it sound like more than one car.

The Smart TV signal is behind computer. About 15 seconds.

I think the Super Speedway package is 510 HP with a 6" spoiler, did they change that?
Said Jr will be driving their "workhorse" which ISN'T the design they will run in the 500. I really don't understand why waster the time. I'd imagine NASCAR will have them try different spoilers to se what works. Long as they say under 200MPH doubt they change engine specs. But who knows.

BRING BACK THE OFFY!

Said Jr will be driving their "workhorse" which ISN'T the design they will run in the 500. I really don't understand why waster the time. I'd imagine NASCAR will have them try different spoilers to se what works. Long as they say under 200MPH doubt they change engine specs. But who knows.

BRING BACK THE OFFY!
I wonder which one Byron is driving

I wonder which one Byron is driving
The latest design. The info was about as clear as muddy water. YMMV & all that.

<<<<<Earnhardt said that he believes the car he’ll drive at this week’s test has been the workhorse for Hendrick Motorsports at previous Next Gen tests.

“It won’t be like the car they’re going to race at the Daytona 500,” Earnhardt said. “That’s probably going to be similar to the car that William is going to drive.”<<<<<<

Hamlin/Logano jumped out to lead with tandem move then got freight-trained in less than a lap. Not sure what to make of that.

Hamlin did his best to wreck the whole bunch last lap at speed. :eek:
They ran them down, what is so different about that. More energy. Hamlin was perfectly positioned on the outside right of Logano's bumper, that's how you do it. Textbook

They were racing hard, not screwing around. Surprised Jr. wasn't in the mix. Kurt Damn Busch looked fast out there.

They were racing hard, not screwing around. Surprised Jr. wasn't in the mix. Kurt Damn Busch looked fast out there.
I'm surprised JR is even out and not in the least but surprised he wasn't mixing it up with those guys. Last thing he needs is a crash and cause anymore damage to his brain. I mean seriously read his book things are not good up there. Lets not forget how well it would go over if the TV announcer tore up a bunch of cars during a test.

I'm surprised JR is even out and not in the least but surprised he wasn't mixing it up with those guys. Last thing he needs is a crash and cause anymore damage to his brain. I mean seriously read his book things are not good up there. Lets not forget how well it would go over if the TV announcer tore up a bunch of cars during a test.
You would think he would quit racing instead of calling Chad begging to drive at Daytona

It's not uncommon for an Xfinity driver to be an emergency, race-day substitute for a Cup driver. This has included X drivers with no previous Cup experience. This would indicate that a license to drive X also covers Cup participation, at least at a track where the driver already has experience.
He/She would have to upgrade his/her license to run Cup.

Do NASCAR drivers have to have a competition license to test or compete on a NASCAR sanctioned track like NHRA drivers do? They used to have to make at least one run every year at a certain et and speed in the type of car they are going to be racing to keep their license valid but now it is every 2 years. They still do have to do a medical card and paperwork every year. They are licensed to drive in certain classes. For instance, an alcohol funny car license is not valid to drive a nitro funny car. Thats why when I worked with Del Worsham we had to rent the Dallas track to upgrade Alexis DeJoria's alcohol license so she could start competing in a nitro funny car. We did the same thing when we rented the Las Vegas and Denver tracks to license a few other drivers. It can be pretty expensive if someone lets their license expire because they may have to pay a team between $30,000 $50,000 to help get them relicensed.
The short answer is yes. Even though Dale Jr isnt going to compete he would still require a Cup license for Practice in a CUP car. His Xfinity license would not be allowed due to competition restrictions and Insurance levels. Thats the way it is unless they changed to a one size fits all License but if they did I never heard about it.

So if SHR crew is there that m

The short answer is yes. Even though Dale Jr isnt going to compete he would still require a Cup license for Practice in a CUP car. His Xfinity license would not be allowed due to competition restrictions and Insurance levels. Thats the way it is unless they changed to a one size fits all License but if they did I never heard about it.
That's kind of what I figured. I forgot to add that in NHRA 3 licensed drivers have to sign off on the said driver that is trying to get a new license. One of the big scenes in Shirley Muldowney's movie "Heart Like a Wheel" was when Connie Kalitta was trying to help her get the signatures, she needed to get her license, but a lot of the drivers didn't want to sign off on a female driver. In 1973 Connie Kalitta, Big Daddy Don Garlits and TV Tommy Ivo signed off on her NHRA Top Fuel license and the rest is history. She went on to win 1 IHRA championship and 3 NHRA Top Fuel championships.

You'll never convince me this number placement doesn't look like ****. And spare me with the smart retorts, it just isn't aesthetically pleasing on these cars. That's all I'm saying.

I personally did not care for the door number look without contingency stickers filling space between the wheel and number. In general I like the new number placement, but a few schemes I've seen look worse with it.

Back
Top Bottom