'21 Generation 7 Car news

How does that not make any sense?

Have you never heard of a stroker crank? Same concept.
The engine was soft because the bores were worn.

Nobody ever designed, manufactured or installed a stroker crankshaft in a race engine in order to effect a gain of 0.17 cubic inches.

The engine was soft because the bores were worn.

Nobody ever designed, manufactured or installed a stroker crankshaft in a race engine in order to effect a gain of 0.17 cubic inches.
Ok. How about they had crankshafts with a shorter stroke so they could continue using the blocks that were worn? No idea how readily available the Dodge blocks where back then. But I have no idea who actually poured their blocks. Did Mopar? I'd bet the cranks weren't made in-house.

Sounds to me like they had a pile of "worn-out parts" they threw together and turned them into cash. Wasn't intentional. But probably didn't care.

In 2013 Team Penske participated in race fixing at Richmond, less obviously so than MWR had done, but similar overtones, and received no punishment from NASCAR.
https://www.autoweek.com/racing/nas...e-race-fixing-actions-penske-logano-richmond/

Carl Long bought a used motor that displaced .17 CI over and they effectively barred him from the series.
I swear I read an article that said it had two bores that were worn. Made it juuuuust a touch out-of-spec. I don't now what the procedure was for checking them back then. Did they completely disassemble and measure everything? I don't know.

That's your fantasy about an advantage. Probably need to talk to YOUR TRD powered TOYOTA people as to why they looked at the numbers and approved the car. There's your problem lol. They said it was ok, and you being the little guy screaming at the top of his lungs that it wasn't is getting old and mossy. Time to move on with this B.S., it's Gen 7 time.
You say the same **** over and over again. There is a ****** difference about an approval when you will have to endure one year, and an approval that Toyota never gave for 2 years and a development freeze after the first year. You are certainly smart enough to understand this.

Right, because during that era they always had the highest car counts.

Sorry Toyota couldn't win before Toyota even entered the races.
MY Toyotas broke the 13 year run....but whatever man.

You say the same **** over and over again. There is a ****** difference about an approval when you will have to endure one year, and an approval that Toyota never gave for 2 years and a development freeze after the first year. You are certainly smart enough to understand this.
Uh yeah I do. Those are the rules..the season is over. you got beat by a quicker pit stop...time to move on

Different so they have both changers go around the front of the car to start. They must think there's some advantage to it, not sure what yet. I wouldn't think you'd want 2 hoses doing that due to risk of tangle. Also seems odd if this is some new advantage why post it on social media for everyone to study?

Might just be mind games?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The engine was off-spec.

The punishment was egregious.
I dont think its that simple. The appeals board could have drawn that conclusion but they didnt. Perhaps they had more information than the public. I think they wanted to give Carl a break but would open up pandoras box for future rule infractions

I dont think its that simple. The appeals board could have drawn that conclusion but they didnt. Perhaps they had more information than the public. I think they wanted to give Carl a break but would open up pandoras box for future rule infractions
That happened at the peak time of "field fillers" and they wanted to crush them imo.

MY Toyotas broke the 13 year run....but whatever man.
What are you trying to prove with this comment?

First you're mad that Chevy had such a dominant run, but then you're boasting that Toyota was able to break it (which means that the dominant run had to happen for the steak to be able to be broken in the first place). What's your angle besides "TOYOTA good, Chevy baaaad"? Because it seems like goalposts are constantly moved just to say that over and over again, regardless of context.

I thought I heard that they dyno'd Carl Long's illegal motor and it was down like 50 horsepower over the average for the rest of the field? I could be remembering wrong or maybe it was just a dumb rumor

Different so they have both changers go around the front of the car to start. They must think there's some advantage to it, not sure what yet. I wouldn't think you'd want 2 hoses doing that due to risk of tangle. Also seems odd if this is some new advantage why post it on social media for everyone to study?

Might just be mind games?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That way they dont slow down the gas man.

NASCAR also lowered the field count from 43 to 40 to reduce field fillers...
That doesnt make what I said not true. So let me put it like this, they didn't throw Carl Long out so they could get rid of field fillers. Period.

Gave up on the feed. Like watching paint dry anyway. But my internet may be having an aneurysm. Acting weird. Speed is fine. IDK?

So I just did a test and got 16.9 Mbps and 1.01 on upload. This is about the best I have ever got.

I thought I heard that they dyno'd Carl Long's illegal motor and it was down like 50 horsepower over the average for the rest of the field? I could be remembering wrong or maybe it was just a dumb rumor
NASCAR dyno'd it?

NASCAR dyno'd it?
It's possible, they pull engines from time to time and do them. Was funny Todd Gordon said Nascar used to check them with a chassis dyno but then after the magnet incident with TRD they now completely pull the engine and dyno them.

It's possible, they pull engines from time to time and do them. Was funny Todd Gordon said Nascar used to check them with a chassis dyno but then after the magnet incident with TRD they now completely pull the engine and dyno them.
I mean did they Dyno the motor in question before they tore it down. I know they do random dyno checks during the year

The magnet incident was JGR and the fuel issue was MWR....which I am sure is coming. Shall we talk about the Hornaday thing as well while we are it?

Uh yeah I do. Those are the rules..the season is over. you got beat by a quicker pit stop...time to move on
...and you continue to ignore the second year while everybody else was frozen. Okay, now I am ready to move on.

Back
Top Bottom