24 Hours of Le Mans Centenary

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Test day today with sessions from 4-7 AM ET and 9:30 AM-12:30 PM. It’ll be interesting to see who in Hypercar is willing to show some early pace, I have a good feeling about Ferrari and Cadillac, can Peugeot finally unlock some speed? Their concept was designed for this very track.

Also super interested to see how the Camaro holds up against the GTEs and what the straight line speed is like.

Entry list + TV/streaming for the week:

I didn't even think about the lack of air jacks on the car. Proves to not be a hinderance.
It’s pretty cool, the chief of staff was on Stacking Pennies last week and said they were initially looking at doing an air jack but the ACO wanted them to keep it as NASCAR as possible.

Enjoy this effort, it's the last time you will see a factory Corvette team:

🫡🫡🫡

They have the best personnel in the paddock. I hope they can keep everyone together.

Toyota went 1-2 in FP1, eight Hypercars within a second of each other at the top. The Corvette crashed at Tertre Rouge at the end of the session, hopefully it can be back out for qualifying next session. Top 8 in each class head to pole qualifying tomorrow.

Wow that flagman should have been running to corner entry waiving that flag.
I think there’s another marshal post on entry. The team got a stop and hold penalty for ignoring yellow flags I heard.

Who will win the coveted Hyperpole?

Top 8 in Hypercar were actually closer than the top 8 in GTE Am, spread was .807 so it’s tight. I think it ultimately comes down to Toyota vs. Ferrari for pole again. Peugeot have to be a bit disappointed they were the only factory that didn’t make the cut.

Ferrari sweep front row for their first overall Le Mans pole since 1973. Ganassi Cadillac #3 was provisionally P3 but caught fire on the Mulsanne late in the session and lost its best lap. Corvette take the final GTE-Am pole.

Nice surprise to see Ferrari get the hyperpole. At least now Toyota has some legit competition.

I'm not sure it means anything though. It's good for headlines, but is the reward worth the risk? Running the car at 10/10ths two days before the race doesn't make sense. Why risk the car now? The worst you could do is 16th, and you've got 24 hours to make it up anyway. So, I think even the Ferrari's aren't showing their true hand just year.

Good to see the Caddy running so well, but I'm not thrilled about the gap to the other two. I hope it's a matter of them playing the long game and not a matter of getting outpaced so badly.

Nice surprise to see Ferrari get the hyperpole. At least now Toyota has some legit competition.

I'm not sure it means anything though. It's good for headlines, but is the reward worth the risk? Running the car at 10/10ths two days before the race doesn't make sense. Why risk the car now? The worst you could do is 16th, and you've got 24 hours to make it up anyway. So, I think even the Ferrari's aren't showing their true hand just year.

Good to see the Caddy running so well, but I'm not thrilled about the gap to the other two. I hope it's a matter of them playing the long game and not a matter of getting outpaced so badly.
I think the race pace gap is smaller than the qualifying pace gap. The biggest questions will be if Ferrari and Porsche have improved their tire wear.

If they win, HMS will be god like in NASCAR's eyes. I know Rev likely feels that this is the NASCAR brass opinion now,

Back
Top Bottom