24 Hours of Le Mans Centenary

To say that the post-safety car restart procedure is confusing is being wildly generous.

Am I reading that site correctly? 36 minutes of unrestricted green, 4+ hours of safety car?
The unrestricted green part is correct. Only a little over 2 hours are safety car. The rest had slow zones where cars could only do 80KPH for sectors. At one point, that reflected the first half of the track.

In any case, I'm sorry, but this sucks and at this point I'm just hate scrolling.

They are going to have to tweak the safety car rules after this. It's ruining a pretty good race.
You know what would save time? Have everyone come down pit lane, stop, put them on dollies, move them around until they are in the order that is desired, then have them restart. I'm not even joking.

You know what would save time? Have everyone come down pit lane, stop, put them on dollies, move them around until they are in the order that is desired, then have them restart. I'm not even joking.
Have 'em stop at pit entrance, and we'll call when it's your turn to move to your position.

I'm letting it record so I can zap all these ridiculous yellows, slow zones and whatever else delays the racing.

Yiefi Ye was extremely impressive in ALMS, ELMS, and WEC with JOTA in LMP2.

Just showing why he received that seat in the hypercar.

Yiefi Ye was extremely impressive in ALMS, ELMS, and WEC with JOTA in LMP2.

Just showing why he received that seat in the hypercar.
Should’ve won LMP2 in this race in 2021, only Toyota 2016 was more shocking than his car grinding to a halt just after he took the white flag with a comfortable lead.

It’s early still but everything about the run up to and first few hours of this race makes me feel like Ferrari are the team of destiny.

Ferrari is having a really good race. I believe even Glick is still on the lead lap. Maybe once we get through with all the yellow mania we can see some good racing.

More rain chaos, GTE Am leading JMW Ferrari beaches it out of the Porsche Curves. Getting messy again.

I like the idea of having the cars with a feature to limit the top speed when in caution areas, all the cars maintain their position. But I don't understand the rules for giving a lap back or moving cars around.

Finally everyone seems to have settled down a little, but a lot of good cars got knocked back.

Gut wrenching race for Jota, but their P2 car is back up to fourth place after falling as low as 24th. That car has been flying all year. I like the gold scheme too, so I'm hoping they can fight their way to the front again.

As far as the Jota Porsche, they really surprised me by taking command of the race. Their race eventually fell apart, but they were fast enough to outrun the Penske cars, and this shows what a goof privateer is capable of when they can get equipment.

A record 53 of 62 entries finished the race last year. A bit before halfway this year we’re already down to 48 cars.

#94 Pug wrecked out of P3 at the Daytona Chicane. Sucks to see, they had surprised everyone during the race so far.

Ferrari's pace is pretty crazy the first year in. Super impressed with them, but their experience in F1 with the hybrid system makes a huge difference. We see it, but can it last the last half of the race.

Ferrari's pace is pretty crazy the first year in. Super impressed with them, but their experience in F1 with the hybrid system makes a huge difference. We see it, but can it last the last half of the race.
Hirakawa has been eaten up by Pier Guidi and Calado in the morning hours. Really hard to keep up with the 51.

1/4 of LMP2s and half of GTE aren't on the track. 43 cars still running. Only #51 Ferrari and #8 Toyota on lead lap.

GM should be reasonably happy. Caddys 3rd, 4th, and Action Express still running. Vette leads GTE. Camaro doing what it came to do.

IMSA should’ve been adopting WEC sporting procedures, not the other way around.
I read the #93 Peugeot was almost a lap ahead when they lost all their advantage under a safety car. To me, this is completely against the spirit of endurance racing. Thanks to the slow zones it's not as bad as the Rolex 24 which is basically a series of sprints.
At the Nürburgring 24 they don't have safety cars and exclusively use slow zones. I wish they did the same at Le Mans.

Back
Top Bottom