24 Hours of Le Mans Centenary

Pretty much every car up and down the field put experienced drivers in their car for the wet-ish start and AXR start Aitken. Pipo Derani has to be continually frustrated ever since Nasr left.

Pretty much every car up and down the field put experienced drivers in their car for the wet-ish start and AXR start Aitken. Pipo Derani has to be continually frustrated ever since Nasr left.
I think Nasr probably kept Durani from even more freak outs. Durani is extremely talented, but he could use a cooler head.

I don't like to be super negative all the time, but this safety car procedure sucks. We're over a half an hour on this yellow flag and looking at another ten minutes for two cars going off. This is like some sort of monkey's paw situation where we got a golden era of new cars but we had to sacrifice the races being watchable.

Yeah, if we’re only going to do the dropback procedure one class per lap down the Mulsanne it’s safe to say I’m already over this new rule.

Not sure what Ferrari are doing pitting one car for fuel under green so early?

Soft tires for Toyota #7 seems not to be working out so far. Guessing the track dried and heated up much quicker than they were expecting.

Yep. Just went thru her wiki. Was hoping she'd stay with endurance cars. Seem safer to me. Plus maybe easier to excel.
Sophia is the German Natalie Decker. She's been saying for years that she wants to get to F1 while she's running in the mid-20s in F3.
The only notable thing she's done in her racing career is surviving that crash in Macau.

Not sure what Ferrari are doing pitting one car for fuel under green so early?

Soft tires for Toyota #7 seems not to be working out so far. Guessing the track dried and heated up much quicker than they were expecting.
TV commentators speculated that the air intake was blocked and whatever blocked it had to be removed.

The competition is mind blowing. I've never seen any endurance race be so vicious, and we're only in hour two.

Right now it looks like Toyota has the upper hand, but there's a long way to go. Personally I am pulling for the American cars, and Caddy seems to be running smoothly and waiting to make a move. Porsche ain't buying that and are attacking at every opportunity.

The big surprise so far is Peugeot is finally showing some speed and they are in the mix, at least for now.

No way to tell how it's going to play out because the skies look like there might be more rain, and you know we're going to see some attrition. They are going to tear up a few more cars and we've got 22 hours for the crazy to unfold. This one has already been beyond a classic, so let's hope that holds up.

Anyone care to make a guess at who is going to win? Right now it looks like Toyota, but I'm not going to bet against Penske and Porsche. Caddy is currently challenging for second place, so they could be in it tomorrow too. There's too many good cars to place a bet on just one.

The competition is mind blowing. I've never seen any endurance race be so vicious, and we're only in hour two.

Right now it looks like Toyota has the upper hand, but there's a long way to go. Personally I am pulling for the American cars, and Caddy seems to be running smoothly and waiting to make a move. Porsche ain't buying that and are attacking at every opportunity.

The big surprise so far is Peugeot is finally showing some speed and they are in the mix, at least for now.

No way to tell how it's going to play out because the skies look like there might be more rain, and you know we're going to see some attrition. They are going to tear up a few more cars and we've got 22 hours for the crazy to unfold. This one has already been beyond a classic, so let's hope that holds up.

Anyone care to make a guess at who is going to win? Right now it looks like Toyota, but I'm not going to bet against Penske and Porsche. Caddy is currently challenging for second place, so they could be in it tomorrow too. There's too many good cars to place a bet on just one.
It’s been fascinating to see packs of four or five all drafting down the Mulsanne. What a beautiful sight to see after all these years of no competition in the top class.

It’s hard to bet against Toyota’s experience and race execution, but all of the big manufacturers seem to be competitive on race pace so far. It could be anyone’s game.

Alright, this is unhinged. Caddy #3 just got punted by a GTE under a slow zone…come the **** on.

Two hours in and the #2 Caddy and Hendrick Camaro are the only two of GM’s five entries not to have issues already:

Just stating facts. :idunno:
She doesn't have a future in open wheel. Maybe she can have a decent career in sports cars.
Believe her current team was a resurrection of a failed team/teams. They got a really late start and are way behind on technology & experience. But maybe i've just read too many press releases.

Messy in the P2 and GTE fields so far…only nine retirements last year and I think we’re already down five cars in 2.5 hours.

The onboard NASCAR live stream switched over to the Cadillac stream so I flipped around YouTube and stumbled onto the Ferrari #50. This has to be one of, if not the fastest car in the field? He’s blowing past everybody and has yet to be passed.

The onboard NASCAR live stream switched over to the Cadillac stream so I flipped around YouTube and stumbled onto the Ferrari #50. This has to be one of, if not the fastest car in the field? He’s blowing past everybody and has yet to be passed.
Ferrari does seem to have the best raw speed in the field this week.

Yeah this is not good. Completely dry most of the track, pouring in Porsche curves. Probably the worst place to rain at.

I was looking for live timing and scoring on the LeMans site and what I found blanked my screen (had to reboot). Is there a site that shows the current scoring? I'd like to check how various teams are doing.

Back
Top Bottom