24 Hours of Le Mans Centenary

I think this is the first time Ford have been outwardly bitter about the G56 program. I’m looking forward to the Mustang efforts, but it’s not like GM just did the Camaro as a one-off and left. There’s obviously the Cadillac LMDh and then the Z06 GT3 that also debuts next year will compete directly against the Mustang. I’m a bit confused about some of those quotes.

GT3 is going to be bonkers.
GTE was a fantastic era but GT3 will bring some good diversity to the grid. With the new Mustang next year, hopefully Mercedes also joining next year, and the new Lexus in 2025 we could have quite a few more gnarly V8s in the field.

I think Ferrari would’ve won anyways but I wonder how close the gap would’ve been if Hirakawa didn’t spin at Arnage inside of two hours to go. The Ctrl+Alt+Delete Ferrari had to do on their last stop took a bit of time.

Ferrari’s head of endurance race cars Ferdinando Cannizzo explained that a “loss of communication between the systems in the car” prompted an overall vehicle reset.

“We were forced to make a power cycle: switch off and switch on,” he said.

The Iron Dames unfortunately lost their podium in the final stop because they had to make a brake change for safety reasons. Sounded like it was very touch and go for the GTE contenders towards the finish.

***The Iron Dames Porsche 911 RSR-19 lost a likely GTE-Am podium due to a brake disc and pad change that resulted in a long final pit stop. Reflecting on the call, team principal Andrea Piccini told Sportscar365: “It was very close. But you have to be safe as well.”

***GR Racing profited from the Iron Dames delay to finish third, but Riccardo Pera later revealed that his No. 86 Porsche was also struggling with its brakes. “We didn’t change brakes and my pedal was completely down at the end,” he said. “The last two or three laps, I just survived.”

AH-Le-Mans-2023-058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom