500 RACE thread

Finished the race yesterday and threw the yellow today. Typical NASCAR consistency.

Great last 20 laps... Tough to watch if you were keeping your eyes on the 24 though.

Wow wow wooooooo congrats Joey Logano Roger Penske Ford performance Daytona sweep for Ford

Happy for Joey, but gotta be one of the worst endings ever. Why can't they do another GWC on the final lap? Never understood that rule.

Boy am I glad to be done with Daytona. This week has been a real drag.

OH so now it's not plate racing when someone gets wrecked like that?

You were just waiting for this weren't you?

And who's complaining about it not being plate racing?

OH so now it's not plate racing when someone gets wrecked like that?

No, no. The "Talentless f*ck" dumped the favorite with no room to spare. I don't what else Austin could have done when Kasey lifted in the first place...

Too much carnage. Cars that cross the line at speed wouldn't really have enough time to get slowed enough to avoid
the wreckage just off turn 2.
Plenty of time. They had over a mile to slow down. I believe they threw it because the wreck occurred around 15th place and cars were still driving through the area.

I think patrick made it through that last wreck for most part

I figured they would let it finish under green with the amount of time they took between the time the wreck occurred to the time they actually waved the yellow. A good 15 seconds had passed by.

zjeZE3a.gif

You were just waiting for this weren't you?

And who's complaining about it not being plate racing?

I see a lot of people dogging out Austin for it, some of the same people who said the other things was just plate racing. I mean I like Jeff but if this is someone not having talent the others were also.

If I remember correctly, there were only 2 cars involved and both were far off the racing surface.

Correct. That will probably be their justification. There was a ton of cool down room for the leaders though...

Only so much could have been done.
You can't lift, no room, I mean that was a tough situation right there for Austin.

Sure, wall him and risk another injury of course. Everyone would have understood. :rolleyes:

Not a big Logano fan - but nice to see a car win with an old-school sponsorship...you just joined the Big Club Joey - A.J. Mario DE

NASCAR got nervous with the whole softwall thing yesterday, thats the only reason they threw the yellow there.

Back
Top Bottom